Pink Rose - Just What You Needed (1986) (Digitally Re-released Edition 2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 23 Nov 2021, 10:41

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1986 (Digitally Re-released Edition 2013)
Style : Glam Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 157 mb

Bio:

PINK ROSE born from the ashes of Parisian band Attentat Rock (who released three albums since the beginning of the eighties) when composer and guitarist Hervé Raynal left the group in 1985.Remaining members singer Marc Quee (from Sweden), bassist Pierre Brémond, drummer Thierry Gaulme and guitarist Fabrice Fourgeaud decided to carry on with the addition of ex-Satan Jokers Stephane Bonneau occupying the guitar slot, and the band played some shows including a few dates opening for Mama's Boys.But the group and management decided to change the classic hard rock style of the previous discs in favor of the Pop-Metal / Hard Rock FM ruling the radio in America.So not only re-named the group as PINK ROSE, they also started writing songs with a more commercial approach, instant choruses and including a lot AOR-synth arrangements to the music.The result was "Just What You Needed", a disc plenty of American sounding catchy songs, rocking guitars and radio-friendly melodies.In fact, the title track is a pop-metal arranged cover of The Cars song, really infectious and foot-tapping. Other numbers as "Longing for Fove" or "Cheating Lady" are pure US Melodic Rockers with the typical sound of the era recalling King Kobra or Icon, same with the intense semi-ballad "Lonely in the Street".There's some tracks retaining a more Euro Hard Rock of the band's origins, like the Pretty Maids influenced "Rocking Child" or "Across the Seven Seas", and to a lesser degree, the melodic hard of "Rocker" recalling British wonders Shogun."Just What You Needed" is a lovely, catchy rocking album from a band that never got the right push although they had the potential for big things.The songs are contagious - full of clichés, yes - but the ones you love in this genre. Good vocals, sharp guitars, a lot of synths and impeccable rhythm section, correctly recorded & mixed.Originally only available on vinyl (and impossible to find), now Mauley Music has rescued from oblivion this truly fun disc releasing "Just What You Needed" first time digital. And as usual, at 0dayrox we are aware of these silent releases presenting them here for you to collect.

Album:

There are two things that a music lover has to do, one, to check out all the new releases and two, to dig out gems from the past.In the case of Pink Rose I haven’t done much of the digging myself as this, one and only album of theirs was digitally re-released in 2013, so it was like…butter on my bread.Pink Rose where a French band born out of the ashes of Parisian act Attentat Rock.As Attentat Rock the band released three albums if I am correct before they went on some line-up changes and a change both of , their name to Pink Rose and their sound to glam metal oriented.“Just What You Needed” was released in ’86 and although influenced by the US glam metal scene, with a few of Motley Crue references, their sound is closer to acts like early Def Leppard, early Shy and Shogun. If you don’t mind the bad quality of the production, Pink Rose will only give you smiles. Their 10 tracked debut album , is full of athemic, metal gems that besides being annoyingly mainstream, stand out for their sticky melodies, magnificent choruses, the lot of guitar solos and nostalgia. Same singer as on the last album 'Strike'. Is it the change of style that led to the departure of several musicians or the opposite.The result is also a change of name, more in line with the new style, more glam, but not too much.So when I listened to Pink Rose I thought more often of Pretty Maids, or Europe, than of Poison or Cinderella, for short.Of course, with 30 years in the teeth, the guys' looks inevitably trigger hilarity. But it would be a shame to stop at the visual aspect, because musically this album is really good. I have few criticisms to make.Coming from France, it had little chance of being an international hit. But it had the level. That said, even in France, I'm not sure it sold well, as it has never been reissued on CD, and it doesn't sell for less than 10 € (seen at 50 € on the right idiot, duh!).A good opportunity to offer it to you, for not a penny. While waiting for a possible hardcover reissue.

Line Up:

Marc Quee - Vocals - See also: Esclavitud, ex-Attentat Rock, ex-Reptile, ex-Marc Quee
Fabrice Fourgeaud - Guitar - See also: ex-Antinomys, ex-Attentat Rock
Pierre Bremond - Bass - See also: ex-Antinomys, ex-Attentat Rock
Thierry Gaulme - Drums - See also: ex-Attentat Rock

Tracklist:

01. Sunrise
02. Lady from Germany
03. Just What You Needed
04. Longing for Love
05. Lonely in the Street
06. Cheating Lady
07. Our Love
08. Rocker
09. Across the Seven Seas
10. Rocking Child

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Google [Bot] a 15 neregistrovaných