Shea Roxi - 1988 (Special Limited Edition) (2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Apr 2021, 10:04

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Power Pop
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

One of the best unsigned melodic rock/power pop bands to ever come out of San Francisco!Formed in 1984, San Francisco, CA, United States.

Album:

In this issue* I seem to be reviewing a lot of retrospectives from bands who didn't quite make it as far as a full album release in their heyday, and here's another one from the eighties that doesn't count as a re-issue on account of that sad fact. Concord, California natives Shea Roxi existed from the middle of that decade until the early nineties when media and record companies convinced a multitude of bands like them that they were wasting their time. Put together by guitarist Adam Molinar Jr and vocalist Rob Schroeder, the band that play on this collection of demos is completed by keyboard player Stephen Salinas, bassist Steve Nystrom and former Anvil Chorus drummer Joey Bennett, although the punchy 'Mystery At Midnight' pre-dates everything else and features Bennett's predecessor Sammy Van Horn.With an impressive AOR/Melodic Hard Rock remit similar to Night Ranger, Journey and Danger Danger, Shea Roxi left a legacy that includes quite a few good songs, but like the UK's Peroux (reviewed elsewhere) their cassette-based origins will probably lose them a proportion of their intended audience. Like a lot of bands of this ilk, Shea Roxi's earlier demos were their rockiest and most lively, with the sublime 'Cryin' Eyes', the driving beat of 'Makin' Me Crazy' and the nicely arranged 'My World Is Changing' transcending the flat sound by having energy and enthusiasm in abundance, whilst the Journey-ish 'I Got What You Want' and subtle 'Can't Hide Love' are ballads that show Schroeder's vocal prowess to the full.The catchy 'Wild Girl' borrows its intro from Great White's 'Rock Me', whilst five songs recorded under the auspices of 'Raised On Radio' co-producer Jim Gaines show a band moving in a more commercial direction, from the infectious Pop/Rocker 'Somebody Like You' and lively version of the Van Stephenson classic 'Fistful Of Heat', to the keyboard-led pomp of 'Angel', 'Anyway To Treat' and the exquisite 'Fortune And Fame'. A rough live version of 'My World Is Changing' would seem to indicate that they were a very good live band, so it's sad that these songs were never properly recorded.Despite the poor sound quality, '1988' reveals another good band from the true home of AOR who fully understood the genre and those little instrumental and arrangement touches that make good songs into great ones, and with Rob Evans revealing in his sleeve notes that the five members have reformed, maybe we'll get that properly recorded album over a quarter of a century after Shea Roxi intended.

Line-Up:

Adam Molinar Jr (guitar)
Steve Nystrom (bass)
Steve Salinas (keyboards)
Rob Schroeder (vocals)
Joe Bennett (drums)

Tracklist:

01. Cryin' Eyes
02. Somebody Like You
03. Mysrtery At Midnight
04. I Got What You Want
05. My World Is Changing
06. Anyway To Treat
07. Angel
08. Wild Girl
09. Fitsful Of Heat
10. Can't Hide Love
11. Makin' Me Crazy
12. Fortune & Fame
13. 1988
14. My World Is Changing (live) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných