Night Ranger - Big In Japan (2CD) (2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Mar 2021, 17:09

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Hard FM , Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 250 mb

Bio:

Night Ranger is an American rock band from San Francisco that gained popularity during the 1980s with a series of albums and singles.The band's first five albums sold more than 10 million copies worldwide.The quintet is perhaps best known for the power ballad "Sister Christian", which peaked at No. 5 in June 1984.After their success waned in the late 1980s, the band split up in 1989 and its members pursued other musical endeavours including group and solo efforts.Brad Gillis and Kelly Keagy teamed up with bassist Gary Moon and released an album without the other original band members in 1995, but the band soon re-united to release two new albums in the latter half of the decade. Despite the departure of original keyboardist Alan Fitzgerald and guitarist Jeff Watson, the band has continued to tour and remains very popular in Asian countries, especially Japan.WITH OVER 30 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS, AND MORE THAN 17 MILLION ALBUMS SOLD WORLDWIDE, NIGHT RANGER HAS PROVEN THEY CAN STILL “ROCK IN AMERICA”!It all started when five hard-rockin’ kids from the San Francisco Bay Area joined forces in the early 80’s to form Night Ranger. Like no other rock band, Night Ranger both epitomized and transcended the sound and style of that decade.In 1983, Night Ranger earned widespread acclaim with their multi-platinum album Midnight Madness, which included their smash hits "Sister Christian," "When You Close Your Eyes" and the anthemic "(You Can Still) Rock In America.”Over the years, the band’s music has made notable contributions to and been featured in many different areas of media and popular culture. Night Ranger’s songs can be heard in the Rock Band and Guitar Hero video games; Rock of Ages hit Broadway musical and film; the Oscar-nominated film Boogie Nights; FOX’s hit TV Shows American Dad, and Glee; JBL’s “Hear The Truth” campaign; and many more! The band also made a special guest appearance on ABC’s hit reality TV show, Bachelor Pad!Night Ranger, in celebration of their 30th Anniversary, continues their non-stop touring, playing to sold-out crowds around the world, including stops in Europe, Mexico, Canada, Japan and the United States.On October 22nd Night Ranger released a very special CD/DVD package which was recorded live in an intimate acoustic setting, with a select number of fans, at TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA. The result is compelling and exciting live renditions of the band’s classic hits with new, refreshing arrangements; tracks include “(You Can Still) Rock In America”, “Sister Christian”, “Don’t Tell Me You Love Me” and a timeless cover of Don Henley’s “Boys of Summer.” Available in a CD/DVD package, 24 Strings & a Drummer is available now.Night Ranger is proof that powerful songs plus accomplished musicians is the perfect formula for continued success.

Album:

They are quite well liked amongst AOR fans so I guess it is a good band to exploit I suppose, because that is how I really see this as this is probably a re-issue of the live release for the Japanese market that was released in 1997 which also happens to be the year this one was recorded. This is also being released by a label that isn’t the label that Night Ranger has today and the question is if it is even counted as an official release. If it is, it still feels a bit pointless considering that this band has already issued an array of live album and in my mind one or an absolute maximum of two live album is what you should have in a career. Sure you can make exceptions for those who have very long career but Night Ranger hasn’t had that because with long I think of the likes of Uriah Heep, Status Quo, Judas Priest and other bands with well over 35 years of history. This of course means that I have my question marks about this album even before listening to it.Listening to it does not really give you any surprises as it sounds as you can expect with the typical AOR, catchy choruses, melodic and all of that. And it does not really differ from any other Night Ranger live album, there are songs you expect to be there and all of that. Everything sounds a lot worse than the studio recording which is customary for a live album and nothing about it strikes me as interesting, the production and performances sounds quite average if I am honest and it sounds dated as well. And on top of that they have added an interview from the era with two of the band’s members which raises even more questions as to why they do what they do. Who thought an interview was a good thing on an album? I don’t, I don’t even like listening to my own interviews, let alone someone else’s recorded in worse quality than mine and you don’t see my W.E.T. interview ending an upcoming W.E.T.-album, but then again I would never even publish such a recording. Not much in terms of quality when looking at this album.Who is it for? I don’t see a logical target audience, the only ones I can see are those who collect Night Ranger stuff and don’t really care how it sounds. Sure it is not too bad, I have heard worse live albums but it is the release itself. It is not possible to see how anyone would want anything like it, pointless is the word of the day. Another question I get is why? Why even make it in the first place, I don’t think I will ever see a point in releasing old live shows as live albums, especially not if they aren’t anything special. If it was a rare live recording of the band performing one of their albums in full or doing someone else’s album in full like Dream Theater does at times then maybe it would be cool I have a live bootleg of Dream Theater doing Master of Puppets and that is quite cool, such live albums has more of a point than this.In the end I don’t think there is much more to say, this album is simply pointless. It offers nothing we haven’t seen or heard before, it offers no new insights about the band and you cannot play the second CD as it ends in a boring interview which would ruin the party quite badly if it was not stopped in time. So, to me this is a waste of time and a waste of money, unless of course you collect everything Night Ranger but then again I suppose you curse the release as well considering that you will have to spend money on something that shouldn’t have been released. The music is mostly half-decent though so it is not all terrible even though most of it is, if you consider this album I can assure you that you will not miss out on anything if you save your money to something more exciting.

Line Up:

Jack Blades – bass , lead & backing vocals
Kelly Keagy – drums, backing & lead vocals
Brad Gillis – guitars, backing vocals
Jeff Watson – guitars, backing vocals

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Neverland 04:09
02. Touch Of Madness 04:54
03. My Elusive Mind 03:58
04. Sing Me Away 04:08
05. Someday I Will 04:02
06. Brad Gilis Solo 01:29
07. Rumors In The Air 04:36
08. Jeff Watson Solo 02:12
09. Eddie's Comming Out Tonight 04:56
10. Sentimental Street 03:56
11. Goodbye 03:16

CD2:

01. Forever All Over Again 04:50
02. Slap Like Being Born 03:50
03. When You Close Your Eyes 04:33
04. New York Times 04:36
05. Don't Tell Me You Love Me 05:14
06. Sister Christian 05:16
07. (You Can Still) Rock In Amerika 05:58

Bonus:

08. Interview With Brad Gillis And Kelly Keagy 13:51

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných