Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

DENDERA is band out of Portsmouth, UK and has been combining classic Heavy Metal with an aggressive modern edge. Their debut EP, “We Must Fight”, was released in 2011. 2013 is their year with a debut named “The Killing Floor”.“Senlac Hill” delivered me to bliss and strong emotions with its generated musical energies. Feel power & inner soul of the traditional Heavy Metal sound led by the amazing voice of Ashley Edison, an excellent singing in style of Bruce Dickinson (IRON MAIDEN) and Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST). Musically this one proves the band’s playing techniques as of high order on creating great riffing, rhythms and melodies. “For Vengeance”, opening the release, shows the meaning of majestic Metal, a galloping NWOBHM moniker, Andy Finch insinerates with his explosive drumming. “My Mercy” the amazing drum solo cracks the wooden door, then the sweet riffs and crazed thudding, notable melodic riffs in the vein of IRON MAIDEN with great bass work by Bradley Edison. Stephen Main and Tony Fuller penetrated with the riffing on “Hatechild”, once again taking it towards the spirit of MAIDEN while the vocals seemed a bit more aggressive than usual. “The Killing Floor” emerged as a little Doomish but led to a melodic epic chorus toned by galloping riffs, it felt JUDAS PRIEST & SAXON from my end. These bands also seemed to be the main influences for the remaining tracks as “The Predator” with fast & melodic riffs, “Till We Fall” with astounding choirs, melody and heavy riffs, last but not least there is the damn melodic and confident chorus of “Bridges Will Burn”.“The Killing Floor” is an excellent work of classic Metal gone into the new age. DENDERA with their admiration for the old days of their local scene, wished to taste the outdoors of modernity thus attempting to create new ideas other than to salvage the old wreckage. Their music took me for several spins. DENDERA is band with big potential and I'm sure that if they will continue this path, there is a bright future ahead of them. Classic Metallars beware, there is a new British Sheriff in town.In 2013 Dendera released their debut full length album 'THE KILLING FLOOR', it received great praise from magazines such as Terrorizer, Powerplay and Fireworks.2015 will see the release of the bands 2nd album 'Pillars Of Creation' in June.Dendera have toured with and supported acts such as... Saxon, UFO, Fozzy, Skindred, Firewind, Alestorm, Unearth, The Sword, Orange Goblin, Grand Magus, Ill Nino, POD, Gloryhammer, Soulfly, Kobra and the Lotus and many others....

Album:

I first encountered Dendera when I attended the Camden Underworld in London for the final headline show of UK power-metallers Power Quest (very sad times). This Portsmouth quintet were the opening act, and I was not expecting much - for I had my heart set on making sure Steve William's project went out with a triumphant bang. However, my friends and I found ourselves headbanging to within an inch of our lives by the time opener "For Vengeance" came crashing to an end. They proved themselves to be a formidable live act, very friendly towards their fans-to-be, and (after purchasing their debut from the band themselves) just as dynamic on CD."The Killing Floor" absolutely screams Iron Maiden worship - and for a British heavy metal band, this can be no disadvantage. The galloping rhythms, dual lead-guitar melodies and soaring vocal harmonies instantly bring to mind the familiar sound of Harris & co. The high-pitched, yet rough and edgy, tones of vocalist Ashley Edison are chocked full of metal attitude, providing much of the energy this genre requires. Meanwhile, the well-constructed harmonies of the backing vocals from bassist (and Ashley's cousin or brother, if I'm not mistaken) Bradley make every chorus a winner.This is clearly a low-budget release from a new band, so expectations regarding production quality were low. However, Dendera pull off a surprisingly well-polished and even mix, letting every instrument shine through - the drums having a particularly authoritative tone. Particular praise goes to drummer Andy Finch for his precise performance behind the kit.There are two major factors which are key to the success of "The Killing Floor". Firstly - the album is exactly the length it needs to be. Averaging around 5:30 per song, each track carries enough substance and depth to erase the need for any pointless filler. Secondly - Dendera understand the need for accessible simplicity within the more complex song structures. There are hints of progression throughout each song, but each number truly shines when it boils down to a one memorable hook or heavy riff - (see 0:35 of "For Vengeance").Highlights of this great debut include: The vicious riff underneath the verses of "My Mercy", which they reprise in all its glory at the end of the track. The wonderfully Maiden-esque chorus of "Senlac Hill", recounting the tales of the battles of 1066. The mid-paced, melodic stomp of "Hatechild". And finally, the entirety of closer "Till We Fall" - with a stunning chorus, fiery double-bass, and an all-round power metal feel, it's definitely the highlight of the album.I highly recommend catching this band live if possible. They fill every performance with massive amounts of energy and always take time to have a talk with their audience (or in my case, a video-game swap!). But do yourself a favour and listen to this album. "The Killing Floor" is just the first in, what I hope will be, a bountiful discography of youthful, vibrant music from a youthful, vibrant bunch of guys. Heavy metal done the way heavy metal should.

Line-Up:

Ashley Edison - Vocals (2010-present)
Stephen Main - Guitars (lead) (2008-present)
Tony Fuller - Guitars
Bradley Edison - Bass (2011-present)
Andy Finch - Drums (2011-present)

Tracklist:

01. For Vengeance 06:06
02. My Mercy 05:07
03. Senlac Hill 05:37
04. The Killing Floor 06:08
05. Hatechild 05:02
06. The Predator 04:57
07. Bridges Will Burn 05:52
08. Till We Fall 06:51

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 15 neregistrovaných