V.A. - A World With Heroes - A Kiss Tribute For Cancer Care (40th Anniversary Celebration) (2CD) (2013)

Various Artists, Tributes, Soundtracks & Split
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

V.A. - A World With Heroes - A Kiss Tribute For Cancer Care (40th Anniversary Celebration) (2CD) (2013)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Jan 2021, 14:28

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 182 mb

Bio:

Kiss was formed in New York in '72 by guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley (Stanley Eisen) and Gene Simmons (Gene Klein). The line-up was rounded out by drummer Peter Criss (Crisscoula), located through a Rolling Stone ad, and lead guitarist Ace Frehley (Paul Frehley), who answered an ad in the Village Voice. The band's cartoon image, kabuki makeup and 4th-of-July stageshow concept was in place from the start, and they began promoting their own hall shows in NYC. TV director Bill Aucoin saw them, became their manager, and secured a deal for them with Neil Bogart's Casablanca Records within two weeks. Three LPs were released in a year's time, but the live fourth LP, Alive! (1975) contained their first huge hit, "Rock And Roll All Nite." Until the early '80, Kiss was unstoppable, with two huge-selling Marvel Comics, a network TV movie and four simultaneously-released solo albums under their studded belts. In '80, Criss left for a solo career and since then, the drum and lead positions have been ever-changing. In '83, the band stripped away the makeup and celebrated renewed interest."You wanted the best, you got it! The hottest band in the land: KISS!" So went the rally cry at the beginning of a Kiss concert, an event of exploding pyrotechnics, vomited blood and louder-than-God hard rock. Their fan club--The Kiss Army--swelled to six-figures strong during the band's '70s heyday, and between 1974 and today they've sold in excess of 70 million albums.In '96, the original band reformed (made up?), and took their full costume-makeup-pyro 1976 show on the road--for a year-long stint--resulting in one of the most successful rock tours ever. Conjecture that the band wanted to quit on a high note has remained unproven; anything could happen in Kiss' future.

Album:

Here’s “A World With Heroes: A KISS Tribute For Cancer Care”, the project started by Rock journalist Mitch Lafon who has gathered some of the greatest Hard Rock musicians for a tribute album.‘A World With Heroes’ features unique performances of known and obscure KISS / solo members songs, with pledges made through being used to make this amazing tribute come to life and to benefit The Vaudreuil-Soulanges Palliative Cancer Care hospice.This 2xCD release is out of print now. Pledgers received as well a pack of Exclusive Bonus Tracks, never put on sale and collectors items only here.Perhaps the question is; Do you really need another Kiss tribute album? Do you? Yes, you do. Why? For the following reasons: – Obscure track selections. – Very good cover versions – Brighton Rock reuinited for a recording – Superstar performers including Don Dokken, Tony Harnell, Terry Ilous, Tommy Denander, Jeff Paris, Ron Keel, Vinny Appice, L.A. Guns, Doug Aldrich’s Burning Rain, Bonfire, plus Firehouse, Cinderella, Tesla, Great White, and more members.– Members of the Kiss family including Eric Carr, Frehley’s Comet (minus Frehley), Bob Kulick and Phil Naro (Peter Criss Band).I can’t say enough good things about this compilation. Upon first sight, it had enough rarities from artists I liked, as well as Kiss obscurities, to make it a must-have. Hearing it, I’m blown away repeatedly. It is a heady brew of hits and deep, deep cuts.A lot of material, so I’ll point out some personal favourite moments.I’m a huge fan of the ‘Revenge’ album, and I’m a huge fan of Accept. Hearing Mark Tornillo do his thing through “Spit” was awesome. I think the man’s vocal cords must be made of steel or something for him to sing like that.I also loved “Sure Know Something”, although I don’t know much about Chris Buck & Anthony Cardenas Montana. It’s a slinky version, very true to the original but with a Rod Stewart vibe.Jeff Paris does a pretty authentic “Shout Mercy” and I give him full points for doing a Monster tune, the newest Kiss song on A World With Heroes.I’ve loved Brighton Rock since I was a kid, but I never expected them to unplug “Creatures of the Night”. This twist takes a moment to get used to, but their haunting arrangement is very original and cool!“Larger Than Life” from Alive II is revisited by Brian Tichy and friends, and they do it pretty straight to the original, almost lick for lick. It’s great.I love that Ron Young from Little Caesar sings “Little Caesar”, a nice wink and a smile there. A band called Shredmill contribute their original song “Outerspace”… which was later covered by Ace Frehley on his ‘Anomaly’ album (giving himself a writing credit). Shredmill’s version is more dark, where Ace’s was more Ace.On the second CD, surprises and highlights continue.Ron Keel and friends from Tesla and Cinderella knock it out of the park on “Rock N’ Roll Hell”, with a nod at the start to Keel’s own “The Right To Rock”.Rick Hughes of Quebec metal legends Sword helps blow the doors off “The Oath”, a favourite from The Elder. The L.A. Guns guys (Phil Lewis included) tackle the difficult “Master & Slave” from Carnival Of Souls, and it smokes. They do it authentic to the original but with Phil’s snarky vocals.As a Killer Dwarfs fan, I’m always pleased to hear Russ Dwarf’s nasally twang, and he turns in a solid “Hard Luck Woman”. (Meanwhile, another bunch of L.A. Guns guys did their own version on disc one.)Bonfire contribute a live version of Paul Stanley’s unreleased song “Sword & Stone”. American Dog did something special: they covered the Paul Stanley version of “God of Thunder”, not the Gene Simmons take from Destroyer. They do it the speedy rocked-up way that Paul originally demoed.Talented Jim Crean does justice to “Magic Touch”. He’s almost Joe Lynn Turner style on this one.The second CD ends with two takes of “Beth” (Chris VanDahl sounding like the hoarse Peter Criss on Alive II, and Phil Naro). This is in addition to Michael Lardie’s (Great White) grand piano version on disc one.But wait, that’s not all, folks.Pledgers who pre-ordered the CD several got bonus tracks. If you missed the boat on these, you can’t get them anymore.Artwork – Mark Devito.Executive-Producer – Mitch Lafon*.Mastered By – Scott Hull.

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. DDRIVE - Psycho Circus
02. MARK TORNILLO - Spit
03. RUSS DWARF - Deuce
04. CHRIS BUCK - Sure Know Something
05. RON "BUMBLEFOOT" THAL - Detroit Rock City
06. ERIC CARR - Eyes If Love
07. JEFF PARIS - Shout Mercy
08. BRIGHTON ROCK - Creatures of the Night
09. REX BROWN - Larger Than Life
10. DON DOKKEN - Cold Gin
11. TONY HARNELL - Love Gun
12. RON YOUNG - Little Caesar
13. CHRIS VAN DAHL - Hard Luck Woman
14. SHREDMILL - Outerspace
15. IMPERA & BOB KULICK - Goodbye
16. TOD FARHOOD & MYSTERY - See You Tonight
17. MICHAEL LARDIE - Beth (Grand Piano Version)
18. DRESSED TO CHILL - Tomorrow
19. SLAVES ON DOPE - Anything for My Baby
20. MARK SLAUGHTER - Unholy

CD2:

01. TOD HOWARTH - Breakout
02. RON KEEL - Rock 'n' Roll Hell
03. DRUCKFARBEN - Nowhere to Run
04. CHRIS BUCK - The Oath
05. PHIL LEWIS - Master & Slave
06. BURNING RAIN - Calling Dr. Love
07. S.U.N. - I Stole Your Love
08. BILL LEVERTY - Reason to Live
09. RUSS DWARF - Hard Luck Woman
10. JEFF PARIS - Forever
11. BONFIRE - Sword & Stone (Live at Wacken)
12. AMERICAN DOG - God of Thunder
13. RAZER - She
14. SLAVES ON DOPE - New York Groove
15. PHIL NARO - Magic Touch
16. BRUCE BOUILLET - Tears Are Falling
17. HARLEY FINE - Rock 'n' Roll All Nite
18. SCOTT GRIFFIN - Shandi
19. CHRIS VAN DAHL - Beth (Bonus Track)
20. PHIL NARO - Beth (Bonus Track)

+ PLEDGERS BONUS TRACKS:

01 Crash Kelly - Calling Dr. Love (Pledgers Bonus Track)
02 Sudden Flames - Comin’ Home (Pledgers Bonus Track)
03 The Feckers ft Irene Slade - Heaven’s On Fire (Pledgers Bonus Track)
04 Alain Pernot - I Was Made For Loving You (Pledgers Bonus Track)
05 Doro - Only You (2013 version) (Bonus Track)
06 Robot Lords of Tokyo - Larger Than Life (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "VARIOUS Artists, TRIBUTES, SOUNDTRACKS & SPLIT albums"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných