Ice Age (USA)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Ice Age (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Mar 2023, 10:32

Ice Age - Waves Of Loss And Power (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 131 mb

Bio:

Originally formed on Long Island, NY, Ice Age began in 1991 when the four members clicked over a mutual passion for classic and progressive rock with a penchant for heavier music undercurrents. The band was signed by the noted progressive label Magna Carta resulting in 1999’s "The Great Divide". This ambitious debut stands the test of time, acclaimed and sought-after by progressive rock and metal fans alike. 2001 saw the release of the band’s sophomore record "Liberation", pushing the boundaries even further with melodic heights and metallic crunch. The band supported the release with festival performances and tours of Europe and the US. At that point the band took an extended break, but the members stayed in contact. Now 22 years later Ice Age is back with third album "Waves Of Loss And Power". The material that comprises the release finds the members of Ice Age wearing their varied influences confidently on their collective sleeves. Once again the band conjures the spirits of Kansas, Genesis, Styx, fleeting shades of Queensrÿche, Rush and Fates Warning. In the true prog tradition, Ice Age continues the epic sagas begun on the first two albums. In all aspects, "Waves" is a seminal masterwork of catchy, thoughtful, progressive songwriting. The album was mixed and mastered by Rich Mouser (Transatlantic, Dream Theater, Spock’s Beard). The cover art concept and booklet design were brought to life by Killustrations, with a fresh new band logo by Thomas Ewerhard.

Album:

From their EPK, “The songwriting, performances, and production of their third full-length album, “Waves of Loss and Power,” boasts a unit firing on all cylinders that cannot be ignored. Sensory Records label head Ken Golden is excited to be working with a band he’s admired since he saw them live at the Powermad Music Festival in 1997.” The album has eight songs. “The Needle’s Eye” is the first. Right out of the gate, you can tell that this is a seasoned and talented band. The vocals are smooth, but the music stops and shifts on a dime. There is a good balance between melody and showmanship, but no small tokens of eccentric sounds either. “Riverflow” is much longer. The opening piano and guitar sequence swings with a funky little groove, and the keyboards are old school, and heavy with vibrato. So far, I am loving what I hear. Like KANSAS, the band counterbalances all of the elements with a soft and cohesive touch. The vocalist has a really nice range, and the band plays with absolute confidence.“Perpetual Child Pt. 11 Forever” is a 15-minute beast. The bright melodies and musical prowess in the opening sequence is amazing. Although it’s a lengthy song, it is not hard to follow. The band leaves a trail of breadcrumbs for the listener to easily find and move forward. “Together Now” has some more positive tones, as the title suggests. Again, there is a strong balance between melody and musicianship. “All My Years” is a shorter song with a more concise and easy going message. The music is lively, fun, and hasty. I get the feeling they are looking back fondly on their life. The piano notes at the end are just lovely. “Float Away” is a bit of a heavier offering, but still high with melody. I love the bass line as well. It’s a pleasing and catchy song for sure.The final movement is presented in two parts. The first is very short, and the latter is very long. The of piano notes that are very charming, and Josh also shows some of his musical prowess here as well. The second is a journey of adventure, over green fields, grassy knolls, and hidden glens with waterfalls. The amount of things that you can discover through this song are wonderful…the vocals, the bass, the keys, the guitars, and the drums…all work so well together in this song. This album is quite original but has the regal Progressive tones of some of my favorite bands of yesteryear, including KANSAS, RUSH, STYX, and YES, to name just a few. Like these forefathers, ICE AGE is full of talent, both in songwriting and performance. In fact, I would go so far as to say that they have brought a bridge between the past and the present with this album. I don’t know how many albums the band has put out, but you can hear their mature seasoning here. Any fans of Progressive music will surely find a lot to love.

Line Up:

Josh Pincus - Vocals, Keyboards - See also: ex-Monolith
Jimmy Pappas - Guitars - See also: ex-Monolith
Doug O'Dell - Bass (2001-present) - See also: ex-Coldsteel
Hal Aponte - Drums

Tracklist:

01. The Needle's Eye
02. Riverflow
03. Perpetual Child, Part II: Forever
04. Together Now
05. All My Years
06. Float Away
07. To Say Goodbye, Part IV: Remembrance
08. To Say Goodbye, Part V: Water Child

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných