Sacrosanct (HOL)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Sacrosanct (HOL)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Dec 2022, 17:45

Sacrosanct - Necropolis (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Sacrosanct was established in 1988 by guitarrist Randy Meinhard and drummer Marco Foddis, who had learned to know each either while joining Pestilence. Briefly thereafter the Band had been completed by singer Michael „Mike“ Lucarelli, Milan Nyitrai (Bass) und Michael Cerrone (guitar). Marco Foddis left the band after a short while and had been replaced by Ronny Scholten. In 1990 Sacrosanct released its debut album „Truth is – what is“, produced by Charly Rinne and Stefan Josefus at Franz „K“ Tonstudio in Witten. The album is characterized by technically sophisticated thrash metal. The dual guitars create a straight as well as spherical and melodious tapestry of sound, interrupted by the tight drumming and the moaning, but angry and rude voice. Creative band head Randy Meinhard considered guitar duos of bands like Queensrÿche, Exodus or Iron Maiden as a main influence, and Ace Frehley of Kiss as initial spark.[1] In Rock Hard magazine the later Publisher Holger Stratmann claimed: “The record contains as many riffs as all Slayer-albums altogether.” Although the album gained such attraction it failed to reach a larger crowd , due to the fact that their company No Remorse Records struggled from financial problems and eventually had to face bankruptcy.Reccesses for the Depraved: Sacrosanct signed a new deal with 1MF Records. Meanwhile there were further changes in line-up. With new members Gerrit Knol (Guitar), Christian Colli (Bass) and Haico van Atticum (Drums) the band created their second album Recesses for the depraved in 1991 at Dust Music Studio in Hilchenbach. With a more edgy sound it was little melodious and spheric than the debut. Nevertheless the intro of the album’s last Song The silence of being foreshadowed the change in sound that eventually lead to the Sacrosanct’s further work. “We developed as a band, had new members and it was my desire to let the album sound more sinister but still thrashy”, Randy Meinhard later recognized. Sadly there had been no ,progress as far as commercial aspects were concerned. Although this time the new label booked ads in mainstream Metal magazines. For the album cover Sacrosanct even managed to deal with the rights for H. R. Giger’s picture Das Spiegelbild. When Giger died, 23 years later, the Rolling Stone magazine stated “the disturbing Giger cover art accurately conveyed the savage nature of the music”. Tragic Intense: After Recesses for the depraved again the lie up changed, thus Randy Meinhard solidified as the band’s only constant, also responsible for creating all songs. Michael „Mike“ Lucarelli and Gerrit Knol left Sacrosanct to join Genetic Wisdom along with Ronny Scholten already. On Humanity on parole in a way they continued with the rough sound of Recesses for the depraved. As substitutes brothers Michael and Collin Kock were hired. Randy Meinhard later said: "It was hard for me, since Michael has been a good friend. On the other hand it became clearly to see, that his voice had been perfect for the first two albums, but no further for the songs, we composed at that time."Since Collin Kock is capable of clear singing the album Tragic Intense got even more melodious and spherical than the debut. On the other hand staccato-parts are rarely on it. In an interview for the music mag Iron Pages Randy Meinhard stated in April of 1993 that the dark basic mood is what we intended to do. (...) It just should sound sinister. In that issue Markus Wosgien described the album as a mixture of Thrash-, Doom- and Power-Metal, and classified it as a milestone in this genre. Frank Albrecht rated it with nine out of ten points. The opening song At least pain lasts – a sung suicide note should become predictive: A short while after Tragic Intense the band broke up.Reunion since 2016 - The Remasters: SACROSANCT, the German-Dutch progressive thrash metal outfit founded by former Pestilence guitarist Randy Meinhard, have reformed and are currently remastering their back catalogue. They are also working on a new album.Randy Meinhard: ‘I’m currently working hard on the “Tragic Intense“ booklet together with the designers while we completed all remaster works several moths ago in collaboration with the Morton Studios. “Truth Is - What Is”, and "Recesses For The Depraved" will be re-released in November 2018 while “Tragic Intense“ will be re-released consecutively in 2019. The CD booklet will feature the original artwork, plus detailed liner notes and never-before-seen photos. The liner notes are being written by Björn Thorsten Jaschinski of Legacy Magazine, whom we’re honoured to have on board for this project. In addition to the remastered album tracks, the CD will contain our demo, “The Die Is Cast”, and some previously unreleased material.’Whilst we’re taking advantage of the all the possibilities offered by modern technology, we’re being careful to respect the original recordings. Our aim is to achieve the best possible sound, so we’ll avoid any overloud mastering in order to retain the dynamics.’ The reissues will be released by Dutch label VIC Records. Owner Roel van Reijmersdal: “I’m very pleased to have SACROSANCT onboard. I love all their early work, and I am truley excited unleashing these mighty albums under the VIC banner!“ Necropolis: The new album, “Necropolis”, will be released through Rock of Angels Records (ROAR) on Friday, 30 November 2018.“Necropolis” was engineered, mixed and mastered by Max Morton of Morton Studios, who has also remastered the entire SACROSANCT back catalogue. A prolific professional with a broad clientele, Max has worked with a wide variety of acts, including prominent Ukranian metalcore combo Jinjer. The objective with “Necropolis” was to record a classic, analogue-sounding album using modern technologies, and at the same time avoid any modern metal clichés.Initially intended solely as a studio project, “Necropolis” was recorded by a brand-new SACROSANCT line-up featuring Randy Meinhard and Christian Göwert on guitars, Richard F. Hesselink on vocals, and Kees Harrison – formerly of Dutch prog-metal act Sphere of Souls – on bass. During the recording sessions, it soon became apparent that the new line-up wanted to continue working together and bring the new material to the stage. With the support of Rock Of Angels Records (ROAR), SACROSANCT are now looking forward to bringing these plans to fruition.While “Necropolis” bears all of the hallmarks and intricacies that characterise SACROSANCT, it displays a more mature and focused song-writing approach. Songs like “The New Age Of Fear”, “My Last White Light” and “Only One God” are lyrically thought-provoking, creating a brand of metal that still makes the band hard to categorise. Like its predecessor, “Tragic Intense”, which was released in 1993, “Necropolis” places a strong emphasis on melancholy melodies and clean vocals, but also incorporates many harmony guitar parts, faster tempos and some modern twists that mark the beginning of a new chapter for the band.The epic cover art for “Necropolis” was designed by Giannis Nakos based on the band’s ideas, and perfectly portrays the album’s dark subject matter. It prominently features SACROSANCT’s new mascot, the Weeping Angel – a guardian and an avenger of injustice.

Album:

How I awaited this album to come… with trepidation bigger than the joint one of twelve virgin brides on their first wedding night. Well, I’m not quite sure how disappointed those brides could possibly be, provided that this is their first night and they have no prior experience to compared it with, but in my case I had three whole albums before that one to hold on to; two masterpieces and one decent transmogrifier…Naturally, I secretly hoped that Randy Meinhard would bypass the transmogrifier and would dive heads-over-heels into the gorgeousness of his first two creations. Yeah, sure thing, but not when you’re in the grip of this nefarious Necropolis, and not when you have to trust an entirely new line-up to pull it through; one that features no magicians of the ranks of the man’s ex-partners in crime, the gifted axemen Michael Kock and Michael Cerrone (check out Imperium’s only stint for the latter’s subsequent exploits).Alas, without those wizards’ contribution the man can’t even think about showing us again what the truth is or going into any more recesses… even the “Tragic Intense” metamorphosis seems like the better option to this newly acquired brand of modern dark progressive power/post-thrash metal which comes with clean emotional vocals on top of everything, ones that would have never fitted into the earlier much more aggressive layouts.On third listen, however, I start swaying my head here and there, but never in firm appreciation at what I hear; it’s just that this approach has some kind of charm, after all, as apparently Meinhard and his new comrades have taken this new trend seriously and have made every composition a lengthy complex listening experience; only that the description “plodding” comes to mind more than just now and then with the opening “The New Age of Fear” generating the biggest number of diatribes naturally, being the first cut and all. Truth be told, this more elaborate outtake from The Black Album is not such a deplorable snoozefest, but when you have another six compositions following exactly the same formula, the whole saga closing on nearly an hour, it’s hard for the audience to be perennially entertained, neither by leisurely nostalgic ballads like “My Last White Light” nor by one-dimensional near-doomy listening experiences like “The Pain Still Lasts” on which at least the James Hetfield-inspired vocalist acquits himself with a few passionate, noteworthy tirades.Yes, some pain will last here, way after this album is over although the listener will savour the only more dynamic exercise at actual thrash “The Grim Sleeper”, nothing exuberantly stylish by any means but boisterous and bouncy enough to make one move around including with a portion of urgent heroic gallops. As this number comes third in order of the Sun the fans will be hoping to hear another similar display of thrashing energy later, but the dark hypnotic snare takes full control over the proceedings letting a pinch of livelier, more entangled riff-patterns sneak through on the supposed title-track “Necro Police” where just when one swears that this particular motif could lead all the way back to “Recesses…” with a bigger stretch of the imagination, starts another passage of dark morose post-thrashiness to stifle any such momentary looks back at the band’s roots.It’s difficult to pretend that this album is more than just a decent showing; I’m not quite sure how much fun Meinhard and Co. themselves have had during the recording sessions; there’s this dense pessimistic vibe wrapping everything, an introspective mood which was missing from “Tragic Intense” even. Said vibe could clearly be felt on “Recesses” as well, but the more aggressive, more technical approach on that one was stretching it left and right, barely giving it a moment of respite thus not allowing it to turn the music setting into a still life-like canvas. Here the atmosphere swings stiffly from depressive to melancholic and vice versa the musicians following these swings obediently, seldom voting to disrupt them with the odd more dynamic stroke. If the guys’ agenda was to lure the listener into semi-deep hypnosis and make them rock to and fro in unison then I guess this could be considered mission partly accomplished; but there will hardly be any old band fans in the hypnotized audience; those have already seen the truth and have gone through all kinds of recesses to fall for that…If Meinhard decides to continue in the same Black Album-inspired direction then I’d still like to wish him the best of luck. Who knows, maybe he can fabricate a similar multi-million seller some time in the future, mysterious are the gods’ ways. Whichever way he decides to swing he can rest assured that we, the band’s old devoted fans, will always gladly check every new product of his, hoping that the meanderings around the metal spectre have come full circle, and that the time has come for the man to go back home where the truth will set him free once again.

Line Up:

Randy Meinhard - Guitars (1988-1994, 2017-present) - See also: ex-Submission, ex-Neon Dream, ex-Pestilence
Kees Harrison - Bass (2017-present) - See also: ex-Autumn Equinox, ex-Sphere of Souls, ex-Epitaph, ex-Necrology
Christian Göwert - Guitars (2017-present)
Richard F. Hesselink - Vocals (2017-present)
Meik Strodtmann - Drums (2018-present)

Tracklist:

01. The New Age of Fear 08:12
02. My Last White Light 05:12
03. The Grim Sleeper 06:32
04. Only One God 07:03
05. Melancholy 07:28
06. Clouds Obscured the Sun 07:34
07. NecroPolice 06:51
08. The Pain Still Lasts 08:44

+ Video "My Last White Light" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 12 neregistrovaných