Compass (GBR)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Compass (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Nov 2022, 13:43

Compass - Our Time On Earth (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Style : Melodic Progressive Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 161 mb

Bio:

The Compass story began back in December 2017 when singer songwriter Steve Newman decided to write a few songs that musically would step outside the barriers imposed by many years writing for his own band Newman. This was to be something very different, liberating, both musically and lyrically, from anything he had created before, with the freedom to move across genres and not be pigeon holed within any particular musical style.Part of this removal from Steve’s previous work would involve looking for a singer to bring these ideas to life. After a few auditions and a few calls in the latter part of 2018 Steve started talking with singer Ben Green about the songs and through these conversations the nucleus of the band started to take shape.Ben “When Steve called to ask if I wanted be part of this band, I had to pinch myself. Learning from such an accomplished and talented musician and vocalist has been such a joy. I had such a great time putting these vocals down and feel privileged to be a part of this immense catalogue of songs.I think we have created something very special with this band and songs and I can't wait to get it out there!” Steve “There is something very unique about Ben’s voice and I knew after hearing him sing for the first time he could convey the sentiment behind these songs and carry these ideas forward to a different level. I have always been inspired by great singers with the ability to communicate in a very honest and believable way and to reach out to the listener, Ben has been born with this gift” David Bartlett joined the band in early 2019 and was a very natural choice, Dave being a member of the Newman touring band for the passed 9 years.with the addition of Toni Lakush filling the drum position most of the recordings were then completed between January and April in London UK.

Album:

A very eclectic mix pulling in influences from Dream Theater, Rush, Saga, through It Bites, and Pink Floyd.We hope that “Our Time On Earth” will take the listener on a musical and lyrical journey through emotions and the highs and lows of what essentially this collection of songs is about. Our lives, and the path that each individual takes and how their actions affect themselves and people around them “From our first breath to our death, this is our time on earth”.The title track is the most instant, from the catchy chorus through the gloriously addictive keys/guitar riff. Clocking in at over nine minutes the song seems to fly by as the listener is drawn along by the strong melody.Ben Green is a find, possessing a clear and precise vocal, with plenty of power and melody. None more so than on ‘Neon’, the nearest to a typical Newman song on here, or the excellent upbeat melodic prog of ‘The Preacher and The Pigeon Feeder’. The latter features stunning guitar solos, switching from laid back Gilmour-esque to a more frantic prog metal style.‘A Warning From History’ has an It Bites start to it, before settling on a Rush like backing. Steve Newman has neatly pulled in various prog influences to create an impressive sound on this and indeed the whole album.Compass is something a bit different from Steve Newman, which was his aim at the outset. It still has plenty of melody, added to which is a more progressive air reminiscent at times of It Bites, Sound Of Contact and Dream Theater. A grower of an album, as often albums that you keep coming back to are, and mightily impressive. Let’s hope there is enough interest in the album to warrant another album or two.

Line-Up:

Steve Newman - Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards
Ben Green - vocals
Dave Bartlett - bass
Toni Lakush - drums

Tracklist:

01. Skies Of Fire 8:44
02. Our Time On Earth, Pt. I 9:23
03. Caught In A Frame 5:26
04. Neon 7:19
05. The Preacher And The Pigeon Feeder 6:12
06. Another Life Suicide 5:38
07. A Warning From History 10:38
08. Our Time On Earth, Pt. II 4:13

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Compass (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Nov 2022, 13:43

Compass - Theory Of Tides (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 134 mb

Bio:

The Compass story began back in December 2017 when singer songwriter Steve Newman decided to write a few songs that musically would step outside the barriers imposed by many years writing for his own band Newman. This was to be something very different, liberating, both musically and lyrically, from anything he had created before, with the freedom to move across genres and not be pigeon holed within any particular musical style.Part of this removal from Steve’s previous work would involve looking for a singer to bring these ideas to life. After a few auditions and a few calls in the latter part of 2018 Steve started talking with singer Ben Green about the songs and through these conversations the nucleus of the band started to take shape.Ben “When Steve called to ask if I wanted be part of this band, I had to pinch myself. Learning from such an accomplished and talented musician and vocalist has been such a joy. I had such a great time putting these vocals down and feel privileged to be a part of this immense catalogue of songs.I think we have created something very special with this band and songs and I can't wait to get it out there!” Steve “There is something very unique about Ben’s voice and I knew after hearing him sing for the first time he could convey the sentiment behind these songs and carry these ideas forward to a different level. I have always been inspired by great singers with the ability to communicate in a very honest and believable way and to reach out to the listener, Ben has been born with this gift” David Bartlett joined the band in early 2019 and was a very natural choice, Dave being a member of the Newman touring band for the passed 9 years.with the addition of Toni Lakush filling the drum position most of the recordings were then completed between January and April in London UK.

Album:

THE CONCEPTION: The Compass story began back in December 2017 when singer songwriter Steve Newman decided to write a few songs that musically would step outside the barriers imposed by many years writing for his own band Newman. This was to be something very different, liberating, both musically and lyrically, from anything he had created before, with the freedom to move across genres and not be pigeonholed within any particular musical style. / THE BAND: Part of this removal from Steve’s previous work would involve looking for a singer to bring these ideas to life. After a few auditions and a few calls in the latter part of 2018 Steve started talking with singer Ben Green about the songs and through these conversations the nucleus of the band started to take shape. David Bartlett joined the band in early 2019 and was a very natural choice, Dave being a member of the Newman touring band for the past 9 years. with the addition of Toni Lakush filling the drum position the Compass band was complete. THE MUSIC: A very eclectic mix pulling in influences from Dream Theater, Rush, Saga, through It Bites, and Pink Floyd. the band set about recording their debut album "Our Time On Earth" which was subsequently released through Escape Music (ESM 342) in 2020 to great acclaim by the music press and fans of both the Melodic Rock and Metal genres. Gathering multiple 10's and 100% reviews, Steve's vision, and indeed the rest of the band's was successfully realised in creating a bridge between these two genres of music. One of the greatest compliments being that the songs could not be placed into one specific category. High on the momentum from the first album, and also restricted to only studio work due to the pandemic Steve set about constructing songs within a concept for the second album. Compass are very proud to introduce you to the "Theory Of Tides" a concept album based on the life, works, and inner turmoil of the famous astronomer and scientist Galileo Galilei. It follows in the Compass tradition of creating mindscapes both musically and lyrically taking the listener through a journey that encompasses Galileo's life. "Theory Of Tides" shows that Compass are a developing band and becoming even more in tune with each other as writers and performers. The musical arrangements and production also reflect this natural evolution.

Line-Up:

Ben Green - vocals
Dave Bartlett - bass
Toni Lakush - drums

Tracklist:

01. Mountains On The Moon 10:59
02. Searching For Answers 6:35
03. The Assayer 8:08
04. Once In A Lifetime 5:17
05. Laws Of Nature Dialogue I : Fly To The Sun 7:36
06. Laws Of Nature Dialogue II : God Only Knows 5:25
07. Laws Of Nature Dialogue III : This Pendulum Swings 6:48
08. Theory Of Tides 6:31

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Compass (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Nov 2023, 08:37

Compass - A Silent Symphony (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 121 mb

Bio:

Album:

The album "A Silent Symphony" is out on the 24th November.

Line-Up:

Ben Green - vocals
Dave Bartlett - bass
Toni Lakush - drums

Tracklist:

01. We Have The Power
02. Xenon Gods
03. A Silent Symphony
04. Bridge Of Death
05. Into The Unknown
06. The Suffering
07. Liquidators
08. A Dystopian Wasteland
09. Age Of Progression

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 21 neregistrovaných