Lonely Robot (GBR)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Lonely Robot (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Aug 2022, 07:57

Lonely Robot - Please Come Home (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Style : Progressive Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + video
Size : 121 mb

Bio:

Lonely Robot, the new project masterminded by producer, guitarist and vocalist John Mitchell (It Bites, Frost*, Arena), has signed to InsideOut Music and is set to release its debut album Please Come Home on 23rd February 2015. Backed by the storming rhythm section of Nick Beggs on bass and Craig Blundell on drums, the album also sees guest appearances from Peter Cox (Go West), Nik Kershaw, Steve Hogarth (Marillion), Heather Findlay, Kim Seviour (Touchstone), Jem Godfrey (Frost*) as well as narration provided by British actor Lee Ingleby (Master & Commander, Harry Potter).John Mitchell had this to say about the project: "I'd long thought about doing an album where I could have total control from start to finish with the music, lyrics, production, and choosing who I wanted to contribute - expanding from the idea of just a solo album. Musically, this album is very proggy, but more about atmosphere than technical expertise, inspired by my love of science fiction and interest in the evolution of the human race."

Line Up:

John Mitchell (Kino, It Bites, Arena) - producer, guitarist and vocalist
Nick Beggs - bass
Craig Blundell - drums

Guests:

Peter Cox, Jamie Finch, Heather Findlay, Jem Godfrey, Steve Hogarth, Lee Ingleby, Nik Kershaw, Rebecca Neew-Menear and Kim Seviour

Tracklist:

01. Airlock (3:55)
02. God vs Man (5:40)
03. The Boy In The Radio (4:49)
04. Why Do We Stay? (5:10)
05. Lonely Robot (8:07)
06. A Godless Sea (5:26)
07. Oubliette (5:19)
08. Construct/Obstruct (5:46)
09. Are We Copies? (6:17)
10. Humans Being (5:36)
11. The Red Balloon (2:01)

+ Video "God vs Man" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Lonely Robot (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Aug 2022, 07:58

Lonely Robot - The Big Dream (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Melodic Rock , Progressive Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + video

Bio:

Lonely Robot, the new project masterminded by producer, guitarist and vocalist John Mitchell (It Bites, Frost*, Arena), has signed to InsideOut Music and is set to release its debut album Please Come Home on 23rd February 2015. Backed by the storming rhythm section of Nick Beggs on bass and Craig Blundell on drums, the album also sees guest appearances from Peter Cox (Go West), Nik Kershaw, Steve Hogarth (Marillion), Heather Findlay, Kim Seviour (Touchstone), Jem Godfrey (Frost*) as well as narration provided by British actor Lee Ingleby (Master & Commander, Harry Potter).John Mitchell had this to say about the project: "I'd long thought about doing an album where I could have total control from start to finish with the music, lyrics, production, and choosing who I wanted to contribute - expanding from the idea of just a solo album. Musically, this album is very proggy, but more about atmosphere than technical expertise, inspired by my love of science fiction and interest in the evolution of the human race."

Album:

The second part of the promised trilogy masterminded by John Mitchell finds our Lonely Robot astronaut hero, the central character in the ongoing adventure, emerging from a long period in stasis…Whilst not a concept album, The Big Dream and its core theme follow directly on from the 2015 Lonely Robot debut, Please Come Home, in documenting the adventures of the character of The Astronaut. Judging the album by its cover, our hero is pictured in a scene of discovery, awaking from a cryogenic sleep in deep space and finding himself a woodland surrounded by animal headed figures. Yes, it’s all very Midsummer Night’s Dream; a scene and concept that Mitchell has described as “something of a solipsistic haze.”This time round there’s a tighter knit band in stark contrast to the all star cast that contributed to Please Come Home. Tighter knit to the extent that a description of ‘less is more’ seems an extravagance; aided on this set just by his FROST* team mate Craig Blundell on drums, the pair have the luxury of bringing in Liam Holmes keyboards and Tilt’s Steve Vantsis on bass for live shows yet there’s no compromise in quality or passion for the project at all. The transition is seamless.The cover art matches perfectly the short opening Prologue (Deep Sleep) open that comes as a gentle otherworldly overture and disembodied vocal intro before the blast of Awakenings. Once the needle drops, The Big Sleep delivers archetypal John Mitchell who’s made his presence felt in It Bites, Arena, Kino and FROST*– bringing to Lonely Robot what his FROST* pal Jem Godfrey describes as his epic songwriting. Big slabs of powerful melodic rock with some progressive leanings accompany moments of calm and reflection.Two tracks which have teased the album, Sigma and Everglow in particular showcase the heavier melodic rock side while In Floral Green and the inspirational The Divine Art Of Being, the latter featuring some lyrical jazzy noodling, give a glimpse of the more reflective side. The grand instrumental march of the title track essentially pulls threads together with an extended guitar passage heralds the onset of the album closure, exhorting “please come home lonely robot”. It leads a haven of peace in the Roger Waters-ish Hello World Goodbye, except with a touch of pathos, and Epilogue (Sea Beams).It concludes another highly satisfying piece of work from the seemingly bottomless John Mitchell vat of creativity. Another chapter too that leaves the door open for continuing episodes…

Line Up:

John Mitchell - vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards, cello
Irish Whistle - celtic harp & harmonium
Graig Blundell - drums
Lee Ingleby - narration
Bonita McKinney - female vocals
Kim Seviour - vocal (14)

Tracklist:

01. Prologue: Deep Sleep
02. Awakenings
03. Sigma
04. In Floral Green
05. Everglow
06. False Lights
07. Symbolic
08. The Divine Art Of Being
09. The Big Dream
10. Hello World Goodbye
11. Epilogue: Sea Beams
12. In Floral Green (Acoustic vers.) (Bonus Track)
13. The Divine Art Of Being (Acoustic vers.) (Bonus Track)
14. Why Do We Stay? (feat. Kim Seviour) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Sigma" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Aug 2022, 07:58

Lonely Robot - Under Stars (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans

Bio:

Album:

Late April marks the return of prog rock/metal band Lonely Robot, and the conclusion of a trilogy of albums with ‘Under Stars.’ Until recently I was unaware of the band, or the fact that it is a solo one-man project of John Mitchell vocalist, and guitarist for Kino, and Frost*, and more. So I went into the album as a blank slate. The bio informed me that the previous albums followed themes and musings around The Astronaut, and each had its own theme. ‘Under Stars’ by and large is Mitchell’s thought around youth, and millennials today, and their dependency on technology. The result is a highly melodic, and rather enjoyable album.Kicking off with ‘Ancient Ascendant’ (also the albums first single) this song is a good representative of the album, and how it will play out. It is very key heavy, and melodic, with heavier guitars only coming in occasionally for texture and mood. This style is carried fuller with the follow-up song ‘Icarus’ which turns out to be very catchy and includes a chorus that will easily work its way into your brain. A slight spin on the Icarus story of flying too close to the sun and crashing, rather this song (based on a sci-fi film) tells of a group of astronauts who are tasked with starting the sun up again. A suicide mission for certain, but needed to continue life on Earth. The theme of the sun and dying stars comes up repeatedly throughout the album as well.The lyrics take a more cynical cast with ‘Authorship Of Our Lives’ and is in large part a reflection what has become an increasingly narcissistic culture, with a call for hope and change. It also has some of the best guitar work, and solos on the album, and is an early standout. Mention should also be made for session drummer Craig Blundell whose tight, drumming, while never flashy and in your face holds everything together very nicely.Things take a much heavier turn with ‘When Gravity Fails’ and is full of crushing guitar riffs, and the fat bass work of live band member, and guest Steve Vantsis. It is easily the heaviest song on the album, and really the only time it goes into metal territory with any real gusto. Mitchell pushes his voice a bit further as well, going into a near scream at the height of the chorus. This song will positively shine in a live setting. As would the short instrumental ‘Inside This Machine’ another of the heavier pieces.The album ends with the aptly titled ‘An Ending’ and is meant to be a bit of closure to the character and this phase of the project. has the refrain from the song ‘Lonely Robot’ itself (which features on ‘Please Come Home’), and reimagines it. It’s a quiet, slightly moody and really lovely way to end the album.‘Under Stars’ is a fitting, and very enjoyable conclusion to this phase of Lonely Robot, and an album that anyone familiar with the first two albums should find plenty to enjoy as well. And as I was unfamiliar with the project, it stands on its own as a fine example of melodic progressive songwriting, and one that is an ideal introduction to the band and its music. Fans of modern prog should find a lot to enjoy here. Recommended.

Line Up:

+

Steve Vantsis - bass
Craig Blundell - drums

Tracklist:

01. Terminal Earth
02. Ancient Ascendant
03. Icarus
04. Under Stars
05. Authorship Of Our Lives
06. The Signal
07. The Only Time I Don't Belong Is Now
08. When Gravity Fails
09. How Bright Is The Sun?
10. Inside This Machine
11. An Ending
12. How Bright Is The Sun? (cosmic mix) (Bonus Track)
13. Under Stars (cosmic mix) (Bonus Track)
14. Lonely Robot - Chapter One - Airlock (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Aug 2022, 07:59

Lonely Robot - A Model Life (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Album:

Lonely Robot, the project masterminded by vocalist, guitarist & producer John Mitchell, is pleased to announce the release of fifth studio album "A Model Life". John comments: "Making A Model Life was very much a lifeline and indeed a wake-up call at the end of a particularly personally challenging couple of years. Creating it made me realise that ultimately, life is impermanent and the one true thing that gives me a focus and anchor is and has always been music. Long may that be the case." An album that brims with frustration at the state of things, while tugging remorselessly at the heart strings, "A Model Life" is plainly the most honest and vulnerable Lonely Robot record to date. From opener "Recalibrating", which muses on the aftermath of a broken relationship and "Digital God Machine" - a sardonic tribute to keyboard warriors everywhere - to the boys-don't-cry pathos of "Rain Kings" and the absurdly moving, adoption-themed "Duty Of Care", these new songs provide a scattershot but profoundly emotional soundtrack to a restless and uncertain world.

Line Up:

+

Steve Vantsis - bass
Craig Blundell - drums

Tracklist:

01. Recalibrating
02. Digital God Machine
03. Species In Transition
04. Starlit Stardust
05. The Island Of Misfit Toys
06. A Model Life
07. Mandalay
08. Rain Kings
09. Duty Of Care
10. In Memoriam

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných