James LaBrie (CAN)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

James LaBrie (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 14 Jún 2022, 06:59

James LaBrie - I Will Not Break (EP) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Progressive Metal, Melodic Heavy/Groove Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 85 mb

Bio:

Kevin James LaBrie (born May 5, 1963) is a Canadian singer and songwriter, best known as the lead singer of American progressive metal band Dream Theater, which he has been fronting since 1991.LaBrie joined Coney Hatch in 1986 when they were attempting a new lineup. The band recorded a number of demonstration tapes in their rehearsal studio and performed live in Ontario clubs for several months. When their record company (Anthem) expressed their disapproval of the lineup, the band replaced LaBrie with Phil Naro in one last ditched attempt at forging ahead without Carl Dixon. That lineup was to be short lived as well.Soon after parting ways with Coney Hatch, LaBrie became the vocalist for the glam metal band Winter Rose.The group also included Richard Chycki on guitar and bass, Randy Cooke on drums, and Sebastian Bach on vocals.Chycki had also worked with Bach under the band names Sebastian and Hope. The band recorded a series of demos through 1988 and 1989 with guest musicians Bruce Dies and Rob Laidlaw. The tracks were commercially released in 1989 as a self-titled album by Inside Out Music. All the songs on the album were written by Richard Chycki and James LaBrie, except two which Richard Chycki wrote alone.In 1990, LaBrie learned that American progressive metal band Dream Theater was looking for a new singer, so he submitted a tape and was quickly flown to New York for a full audition. The tryout went well, and he was chosen ahead of 200 other hopefuls to fill the full-time vocalist position in that band.LaBrie has since had a significant impact on the vocal melodies on each Dream Theater album, but until recently has had little input on the instrumentation of Dream Theater's music; 2011's A Dramatic Turn of Events features LaBrie in the music credits on three songs. To date he has written or co-written lyrics for at least one song on ten of the fourteen albums Dream Theater has released with him in the band, Images and Words, Black Clouds & Silver Linings, Dream Theater and The Astonishing containing none of them.Asked by Prog-Sphere.com what is his favorite Dream Theater song to play live, James says "The favorite song for me is Scarred, I love performing that live. And... well, Octavarium, that whole freakin’ thing."

Album:

With the new dematerialized music trend and the latest tendency in the music distribution market, the EP format is on a fresh hype and ultra-cool again, and it’s a wise move for an artist in order to give another brand new actuality for the die-hard fans in between two albums , surfing upon this strategy and following up on the success of his latest solo album, "Impermanent Resonance", DREAM THEATER's vocalist James LaBrie released a new Digital EP entitled "I Will Not Break" on Mid-January via InsideOut Music.While the opening title track is the regular version taken from the "Impermanent Resonance" album, the songs “Unraveling” and “Why” were previously only released physically as Digipack bonus tracks. “Coming Home” is presented here, as an alternate mix version and songs “Jekyll Or Hyde” as well as “Just Watch Me” are special demo versions, all previously only released physically as bonus songs on the Digipack and the Japanese edition for the album "Static Impulse" (2010). While tracks 7, 8 and 9 are special dub step / electronica re-mixes of "Static Impulse" songs, previously unreleased (“I Tried” was only available physically in Japan before). The cover artwork for the EP was once again designed by Gustavo Sazes / abstrata.net (ADAGIO / ARCH ENEMY / KAMELOT / FIREWIND).As much I loved "Impermanent Resonance" album, its courageous modern line and its superb mastery in the crafting as much I appreciated this whole EP, however I still can’t stand the dub segment but I respect the remix tracks as an obvious artistic choice, but, frankly it’s useless and really boring, for me it’s just a way to fill the EP up to almost forty minutes.On the flipside the demos versions with Keyboardist / Songwriter Matt Guillory (ex-DALI’S DILEMMA / ZERO HOUR) singing are quite interesting and a great proof of the real talent he possess when it comes to deliver a clear vision and a tangible mental image for a song, a strong conceptual design, providing an almost finished product… The ideas are all definitive here, precise and focused, one of the strongest asset for LaBrie’s solo career.If like me you are a DREAM THEATER fan or if you were once attracted by James LaBrie’s exceptional vocal shades, this is a good palliative item before the next studio album yet totally unsure and precarious but still highly expected and watched with anxiousness… The wait has begun.

Line Up:

James LaBrie - Vocals - See also: Dream Theater, James LaBrie, ex-Mullmuzzler, True Symphonic Rockestra, ex-Frameshift, ex-Coney Hatch, ex-Nightmare Cinema, ex-Winter RoseSee also: James LaBrie, ex-Mullmuzzler, True Symphonic Rockestra, ex-Frameshift, ex-Coney Hatch, ex-Nightmare Cinema, ex-Winter Rose
Marco Sfogli - Guitars
Matt Guillory - Keyboards, Vocals (backing)
Ray Riendeau - Bass
Peter Wildoer - Vocals (harsh), Drums

Tracklist:

01. I Will Not Break (3:52)
02. Unraveling (3:31)
03. Why (3:45)
04. Coming Home (Alternate Mix) (4:23)
05. Jekyll Or Hyde (Demo) (3:48)
06. Just Watch Me (Demo) (4:17)
07. I Tried (Jason Miller Remix) (5:13)
08. Over The Edge (Mutrix Remix) (4:33)
09. Euphoric (NeonGenesis Remix) (4:41)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: James LaBrie (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 14 Jún 2022, 07:00

James LaBrie - Beautiful Shade Of Grey (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 114 mb

Bio:

Kevin James LaBrie (born May 5, 1963) is a Canadian singer and songwriter, best known as the lead singer of American progressive metal band Dream Theater, which he has been fronting since 1991.LaBrie joined Coney Hatch in 1986 when they were attempting a new lineup. The band recorded a number of demonstration tapes in their rehearsal studio and performed live in Ontario clubs for several months. When their record company (Anthem) expressed their disapproval of the lineup, the band replaced LaBrie with Phil Naro in one last ditched attempt at forging ahead without Carl Dixon. That lineup was to be short lived as well.Soon after parting ways with Coney Hatch, LaBrie became the vocalist for the glam metal band Winter Rose.The group also included Richard Chycki on guitar and bass, Randy Cooke on drums, and Sebastian Bach on vocals.Chycki had also worked with Bach under the band names Sebastian and Hope. The band recorded a series of demos through 1988 and 1989 with guest musicians Bruce Dies and Rob Laidlaw. The tracks were commercially released in 1989 as a self-titled album by Inside Out Music. All the songs on the album were written by Richard Chycki and James LaBrie, except two which Richard Chycki wrote alone.In 1990, LaBrie learned that American progressive metal band Dream Theater was looking for a new singer, so he submitted a tape and was quickly flown to New York for a full audition. The tryout went well, and he was chosen ahead of 200 other hopefuls to fill the full-time vocalist position in that band.LaBrie has since had a significant impact on the vocal melodies on each Dream Theater album, but until recently has had little input on the instrumentation of Dream Theater's music; 2011's A Dramatic Turn of Events features LaBrie in the music credits on three songs. To date he has written or co-written lyrics for at least one song on ten of the fourteen albums Dream Theater has released with him in the band, Images and Words, Black Clouds & Silver Linings, Dream Theater and The Astonishing containing none of them.Asked by Prog-Sphere.com what is his favorite Dream Theater song to play live, James says "The favorite song for me is Scarred, I love performing that live. And... well, Octavarium, that whole freakin’ thing."

Album:

James LaBrie, known internationally as the vocalist of progressive metal icons Dream Theater, embarks on uncharted waters with his fourth solo album, titled "Beautiful Shade Of Grey". The new endeavor sees him traverse personal maturation, loss, a myriad of complex relationships and most importantly: LaBrie's burning passion for music. On paper, the latest studio offering by the Canadian singer first took shape shortly after the global pandemic began to emerge. But in reality, LaBrie formed a bond with his fellow collaborator, bassist Paul Logue, nearly a decade earlier. On "Beautiful Shade Of Grey", the end goal isn’t creating something that meets a certain genre characterization, but rather being informed by decades of finding beautiful expression across a wide swath of musical artists, and knowing that veering away from familiar habits is a part of creative growth.

Line Up:

James LaBrie - Vocals - See also: Dream Theater, James LaBrie, ex-Mullmuzzler, True Symphonic Rockestra, ex-Frameshift, ex-Coney Hatch, ex-Nightmare Cinema, ex-Winter RoseSee also: James LaBrie, ex-Mullmuzzler, True Symphonic Rockestra, ex-Frameshift, ex-Coney Hatch, ex-Nightmare Cinema, ex-Winter Rose

+ guests:

Marco Sfogli - guitar
Paul Logue - bass
Christian Pulkkinen - keyboards
Chance LaBrie - drums

Tracklist:

01. Devil In Drag
02. SuperNova Girl
03. Give And Take
04. Sunset Ruin
05. Hit Me Like A Brick
06. Wildflower
07. Conscience Calling
08. What I Missed
09. Am I Right
10. Ramble On
11. Devil In Drag (electric version)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 11 neregistrovaných