A.C.T (SWE)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

A.C.T (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Mar 2021, 09:58

A.C.T - Circus Pandemonium (Japan Edition) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Progressive Rock , Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 127 mb

Bio:

A.C.T is a Swedish progressive rock band formed in 1995 under the name ‘Fairyland’, in Malmö.The band has been through several personnel changes; with the current line-up featuring Herman Saming (vocals), Ola Andersson (guitar), Jerry Sahlin (keyboards), Peter Asp (bass) and Thomas Lejon (drums).Initially under Ola Andersson on guitars, Tomas Erlandsson on drums, Jens Appelgren on vocals and Jerry Sahlin on keyboards, Fairyland was started by members of a music school in Malmö.Amongst various line-up changes, Fairyland changed its name into A.C.T in 1995. In 1996 A.C.T first came into the public eye when it made its way to the final of a Swedish music competition, although it did not win.In 1997 a new demo was recorded and the band toured extensively in Sweden, eventually recording its debut album, Today’s Report, released in 1999. Following the release of this album, A.C.T embarked on a Scandinavian tour with the progressive rock band Saga.In 2001, the second album Imaginary Friends was recorded and the band went on a European tour supporting Fish.In 2003, A.C.T's third album Last Epic was released, and the band went on a European tour with former Genesis singer Ray Wilson.In 2006, A.C.T signed with the label InsideOut and returned with the album Silence. InsideOut has subsequently re-released the first three albums as special editions, with bonus tracks and enhanced booklets.On December 24, 2013 the band announced, on their Facebook page, that their fifth album Circus Pandemonium will be released on February 19, 2014 in Japan, and on March 5, 2014 in Europe/USA and on iTunes.

Album:

Swedes A.C.T always have been ‘the more Melodic Rock band from the Prog scene’ since its foundation 18 years ago. Their ’99 debut Today’s Report attracted not only progressive fans but also AOR / MR aficionados and still is one of the finest records mixing both genres with class & style.After a long 8-year hiatus away from the recording studio, this excellent combo returns with a brand new CD; “Circus Pandemonium”, released today Feb. 19 only in Japan by Marquee Avalon Records (worldwide dates to be announced).Just like their album from 2003 which told the story about a building of apartments, the band now deliver on “Circus Pandemonium” (their fifth) a new concept album about a circus at the turn of the 20th Century. I’m glad to say that A.C.T sound inspired and adventurous again, with more fresh ideas to keep the listener in a surprise mood.A.C.T has recharged the batteries and now give us an album of splendour where the fans are in for a treat with prog-rock finesse, stupendous arrangements and melodic lines.If you are new to the band, think Saga, It Bites, Queen, Kansas, John Wetton / Asia and alikes with a crisp sound, elaborated guitar work, harmony vocals and lots, lots of keyboards.It would be fair categorize A.C.T as a Neo-Prog band, but they’re much more than that, blending Melodic Rock and even AOR patterns into their musical recipe with ease.Just listen “Everything’s Falling” as example, driven by a new wave of Swedish Melodic Rock pulse adorned with punchy guitars, fast drumming and layers of vocals courtesy of many guests such as female singers Sara Wendelford and Linnea Olnert.More melodious proggy numbers like “Manager’s Wish”, “The Funniest Man Alive” or the awesome “A Mother’s Love” reminds me recent wonders (also from Sweden) JONO, while quirky cuts like “A Truly Gifted Man” are firmly planted on the early A.C.T style.There’s 15 tracks on offer here, but many are short pieces and the entire disc clocks 56 minutes, flowing wonderfully.The classic A.C.T sound has returned on “Circus Pandemonium”, combining prog and melodic rock resulting in an unique sound & style.One of the best surprises last year was the band JONO, if you liked them and never heard A.C.T before, do yourself a favor and grab “Circus Pandemonium” immediately.

Line-Up:

Jerry Sahlin - Keyboards, Vocals
Ola Andersson - Guitars, Vocals
Peter Asp - Bass, keyboards
Herman Saming - Vocals
Thomas Lejon - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Intro
02. The End
03. Everything's Falling
04. Manager's Wish
05. A Truly Gifted Man
06. Presentation
07. Look At The Freak
08. Argument
09. Confrontation
10. A Mother's Love
11. The Funniest Man Alive
12. Scared [Japan Bonus Track]
13. A Failed Escape Attempt
14. Lady In White
15. Freak Of Nature

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: A.C.T (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Mar 2021, 09:59

A.C.T - Rebirth (EP) (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Progressive Rock , Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

ACT was founded in 1994, but it was in 2001 that A.C.T became the band it is today. The band consists of Jerry Sahlin (Keyboards), Ola Andersson (Guitars), Herman Saming (Vocals), Peter Asp (Bass) and Thomas Lejon (Drums).Up to now the band has released four albums. Today's Report (1999), Imaginary Friends (2001), Last Epic (2003) and Silence (2006). A.C.T has also done several big tours around Europe, some on their own, but also as support for bands like Fish and Saga.Now, after nearly eight years, A.C.T finally breaks the silence and releases a new album in the spring of 2014. Expectations are obviously high, something that doesn’t scare A.C.T at all. The band describes the album musically as bombastic, beautiful and more of everything that is A.C.T. All events are taking place at a circus around the turn of the twentieth century. The main characters are a sinister ringmaster, a tamer who can talk to animals, a clown who has a drinking problem, a pretty line dancer and a freak who dreams of a better life. A.C.T is also cooperating with a cartoonist who will draw all images to the upcoming album.

Album:

In a time where prog music seems to be expanding at a tremendous pace, it’s not difficult to discover new bands or build new relationships with established bands. This is made exorbitantly simpler with the accessibility of music through streaming services and digital mediums. With that said, why aren’t more of you prog fans clamoring to worship at the altar of one of the most unmistakable progressive bands in the genre? A.C.T is a Swedish prog rock band that is undeniably distinct in a sea of bands feeling around to find a sound of their own. Their upcoming EP, Rebirth, is one of their most musically thought provoking yet immediately familiar efforts.A.C.T has always been a band that layers warm and welcoming vocal melodies over a foundation of complex rhythmic patterns and unexpected dynamics. Rebirth opens up very similar. If you’re already a fan of the band the first two tracks feel as classic A.C.T as any track pulled from Last Epic. Without a doubt after two listens of each of these tracks the earworms will have reached the depths generally reserved for great pop songs. The third track, “Digital Affair”, is a slight departure from the band’s typical sound. The song builds from a robotic metronomic verse to a emotional chorus that reminds those familiar with the band of A.C.T’s ability to capture emotion in an honest way. “Meet the Past” continues this theme of intertwining emotion with the band flexing their muscle of delivering a musically quirky and upbeat but seemingly introspective emotional perspective. “Broken Trust” is another slight departure for the band with a more direct riffing style and vocal during the verse but quickly gives us another catchy chorus with even more emotional power behind it. The songs although immediately catchy are best with multiple listens. The album continuously reveals itself layer by layer with each listen.This band is simply criminally underrated in the prog scene. Within these five songs they not only present masterfully composed songs but each member shines individually. Rebirth presents arguably the strongest performances from the band. The leads in regards to the guitars and keyboards are beautifully technical and memorable. The rhythm sections bring each song to their full potential while still feeding the album the variety and unexpectedness that comes with a great progressive release. Vocally Rebirth is outstanding with smoothly delivered melodies and harmonies that hook you well before you even realize you’ve been hooked.Rebirth by A.C.T is a both exciting and new yet comfy and familiar sound from one of the most distinct bands in the progressive rock genre. Both maintaining the cornerstone of prog rhythms and unexpected twists and turns while layering the songs with memorable melodies and vocal hooks rivaling any pop hit. This all while shedding light in their own quirky way into the emotional variety of the human experience. The time for scouring YouTube for the latest kids trying to find themselves in prog has passed, the time is now for “Rebirth“.

Line Up:

Jerry Sahlin (Synthesizers, Vocals, Vocoder)
Tomas Lejon (Drums and Percussion, Backing Vocals)
Ola Andersson (Guitars, Backing Vocals)
Peter Asp (Bass Guitar, Percussion, Backing Vocals)
Herman Saming (Lead Vocals)

Tracklist:

01. The ruler of the world
02. Running out of luck
03. Digital affair
04. Meet the past
05. A broken trust

+ Video "The Ruler Of The World" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Mar 2021, 10:00

A.C.T - Heatwave (EP) (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

A.C.T is a Swedish progressive rock band formed in 1995 under the name ‘Fairyland’, in Malmö.The band has been through several personnel changes; with the current line-up featuring Herman Saming (vocals), Ola Andersson (guitar), Jerry Sahlin (keyboards), Peter Asp (bass) and Thomas Lejon (drums).Initially under Ola Andersson on guitars, Tomas Erlandsson on drums, Jens Appelgren on vocals and Jerry Sahlin on keyboards, Fairyland was started by members of a music school in Malmö.Amongst various line-up changes, Fairyland changed its name into A.C.T in 1995. In 1996 A.C.T first came into the public eye when it made its way to the final of a Swedish music competition, although it did not win.In 1997 a new demo was recorded and the band toured extensively in Sweden, eventually recording its debut album, Today’s Report, released in 1999. Following the release of this album, A.C.T embarked on a Scandinavian tour with the progressive rock band Saga.In 2001, the second album Imaginary Friends was recorded and the band went on a European tour supporting Fish.In 2003, A.C.T's third album Last Epic was released, and the band went on a European tour with former Genesis singer Ray Wilson.In 2006, A.C.T signed with the label InsideOut and returned with the album Silence. InsideOut has subsequently re-released the first three albums as special editions, with bonus tracks and enhanced booklets.On December 24, 2013 the band announced, on their Facebook page, that their fifth album Circus Pandemonium will be released on February 19, 2014 in Japan, and on March 5, 2014 in Europe/USA and on iTunes.

Album:

"Heatwave" is the new EP by Swedish progressive rock band A.C.T. At the same time, it's the second of four planned EPs and a direct follow-up to the 2019 EP "Rebirth". A.C.T immediately takes the listener on a journey through odd beats, massive choruses and choirs, complex arrangements and beautiful melodies. All that in a way that you never really know in which direction their music will take you.It is not easy to start a review of a band I shamelessly and absolutely love. I have to do this disclaimer in the first line because I don’t want you to think I’m too biased.. Well yes I am! But wait, it’s just that these Swedes are simply amazing musicians who happen to do amazing music!That said, who is A.C.T.? Why aren’t they among the Progrock shiny stars hailed everywhere and worshiped by millions? Well good question! In my humble opinion, they should be touring the world (whenever that is possible again!) and all their discography should be in every single progrock fan’s collection. Yes they are extremely underrated and seem to be very discreet and usually silently creeping out of their hidden homes in the southern Swedish city of Malmö to surprise us with new music, in form of an album or a new EP, like just happened with “Heatwave”, the most personal album for the band, and a direct follower of 2019’s “Rebirth”. It is also the 2nd of 4 EPs planned to see the light of day.The band was formed in 1995 and saw its first album “Today’s Report” in 1999, a jewel if you can get your hands on it, on which they were already shaping the music style they’re known for: extremely melodic, yet intrinsically complex and ready to surprise you at every turn. No you cannot really guess what is the next move they’ll do, if you have not heard their music yet, be ready for a surprise, constant changes of patterns, rhythms, melodies, and I guarantee you will end in a good mood!The band has been in constant rotation in my music players since the first time I heard them, back in the mid 2000’s (thank you Progulus.com internet radio!). With 5 full albums in their discography, to recommend you one is simply impossible, so grab your pen and paper or open a new tab and search right away for: “Last Epic” (2003), “Silence” (2006) or their darkest so far but awesome, “Circus Pandemonium” (2014). Then, after a 5-year hiatus they came back with the superb EP “Rebirth” (read our review here), marking the first of the 4-EP series I mentioned before.Now they just released “Heatwave”, a 5-songs and one short intro full of their trademark sound full of guitar melodies, synth and piano, strings, rhythm changes, catchy choruses and vocal arrangements and Herman Saming’s trademark pleasant and subtle scratchy voice.Led by Ola Andersson’s guitar and Jerry Sahlin’s keys, the quintet takes you through a journey, somewhat dark, into what I grasp is about the struggles of a man and his family, leading to the breakup of their marriage. But don’t let this dark subject drive you away, the music tells you something else entirely, and that is one of the magic tricks they have hidden up their sleeves. How can they do that? I have no idea. While Herman is singing about the darkest of subjects (see “Circus Pandemonium”) the music takes you to a journey through green meadows full of sparkling little flowers and bees. Is that too graphic? Haha well, that’s what their music does to me. It is indeed a magic journey, and whenever I feel sad or moody, once I play one of their albums, I get instantly happy!Take, for example, the closing track ‘The Breakup’, released as a second single: While the title of the song tells you instantly what it is about, the catchy happy chorus is actually making you smile ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I know it sounds weird when reading these lines, but this is what their music is like. And the song is actually deeply emotional, so don’t be fooled, it is indeed a journey within the general story they’ve built.But starting at the beginning and not at the end, the intro, aptly named ‘Intro’, places you indeed in some garden, with birds and insects buzzing, woodworking and a synth chord opens up to the next track and the instantly recognizable A.C.T. sound.Sadly, I don’t have the full lyrics but what I can make out of them, plus the news host heard as background at the half of the 2nd track ‘Checked Out’, narrating about the terrible 2018 summer wildfires raging the arctic region in Sweden and the record heatwave that year (aha!), plus the EP’s ending sound of the fire, make me think of the uncontrolled fires as a metaphor for a relationship crumbling down in its own ashes.But back to the music: talking about the 2nd track and first single “Checked Out”, I think it is one of the absolute best pieces of music the swedes have written. At 5 and a half minutes, it not only has everything I’ve tried to paint in words before, but it is the sheer mastery of their own special sound. Musically it is like travelling through all their discography. It has the vocal harmonizations, the melodic progressions, the surprising rhythmic pattern changes, Sahlin’s and Andersson’s backing vocals, and the super catchy chorus, crowned by the guitar riffs that won’t leave your ear even hours after you listened to them.Peter Asp on the bass is superb as well, and the little tricks and sounds that Thomas Lejon does on his drums are always a delight (oh those little coconut kicks remind me of the late Peart’s ones on ‘The Trees’, if just for a second). These 2 guys in charge of the ever-changing rhythm foundation are simply jaw-dropping. But wait until minute 4 right after Andersson’s and Sahlin’s solos, the band just gives a full lesson in prog mastery!The follower ‘Brother’ starts with a jazzy intro that quickly delves into the classic A.C.T. sound, bringing more of those melodies and snappy earworm-worthy chorus. ‘Dark Clouds’ lowers the mood to a slower and softer tune, the use of minor scales and the half-whispered voice give way to a ballad that is not only beautiful but as well uncommon in their discography. But then the 80’s synth sound starts and we’re in the title track ‘Heatwave’, a 4-minute masterpiece, including vocal duets between Sahlin and Saming. This song alone should be part of any classic prog rock compilation, as the band as a whole deliver a complete masterclass on progressive rock goodness.Then we reach the final song ‘The Breakup’ with which I started this review. The melodies might remind you heavily of some classic pop-rock tunes, but it definitely has that A.C.T. signature all over, and even if the melodies and mid-section of the song are sad and emotional, the band always comes around and gives a positive twist, both in lyrics and music. To highlight is Sahlin’s keyboard solo, a beauty in its relative simplicity, and a perfect guide to what I just mentioned before, serving as an opener to the mood twist, burst of energy and climax of the song, thanks to the vocal arrangements, the sticky guitar riff, Sahlin’s synths and the addition of strings towards the end make the song the perfect grandiose ending of a superb EP! An earworm and goosebumps feast!What a ride! And I’m ready to listen to the next EP! Will the story continue? I can only – desperately – wait while I enjoy endless spins of this one! I just wish A.C.T. would be touring everywhere as they truly deserve more recognition. After a career spanning more than 2 decades, 5 albums, 1 live album, and 3 EPs, and raving reviews and many Prog connoisseurs mentioning how good they are: how aren’t they in the limelight as the progressive rock masters they truly are?

Line-Up:

Herman Saming / lead & backing vocals
Ola Andersson / lead & backing vocals, guitar
Jerry Sahlin / lead & backing vocals, synth, vocoder, sound effects
Peter Asp / bass, synth bass
Thomas Lejon / drums

Tracklist:

01. Heatwave Intro
02. Checked Out
03. Brother
04. Dark Clouds
05. Heatwave
06. The Breakup

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Mar 2021, 10:00

A.C.T - Heatwave (EP) (Japan Edition) (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021 (Japan Edition)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Album:

Here we have in exclusive the Japanese edition of Swedes A.C.T new album “Heatwave“, including a bonus track. Easily one of the most interesting and complete bands from Scandinavia combining Prog, Melodic Hard and AOR, on this new CD as always, A.C.T take the listener on a journey through different time signatures, catchy hooks, magnificent choruses, surprisingly arrangements and gorgeous melodies.The atmospheric ‘Intro’ leads to the first track ‘Checked Out’, and an ever so typical A.C.T. sound, tight rhythm section, punchy and upbeat melodic guitar, bass and keys, quickly followed by those classic vocals, sweet harmonies and cleverly intricate interplay, breaks, twists and turns. Just like they’ve never been away.hich they haven’t – we’ve just lost sight of them. They pack a lot into their songs. And just wait for the guitar break and keyboard interaction…. Such snappy chops, so intense, rhythmically complex, and yet intensely melodic. How quickly can five minutes go, for goodness sake?There’s still that SAGA vibe in A.C.T music – but don’t hang your hat on that one. This band has it’s unique style and personality.‘Brother’ displays an intense depth, five/four rhythms somehow waltzing effortlessly as they glide through jaunty verses to a plaintive, dark chorus. And then ‘Dark Clouds’ has such an epic intro going into an emotionally vulnerable section and achingly beautiful chorus, it dawns on you how these guys have developed a depth and maturity that rips into your emotions at will.Title track ‘Heatwave’ has it all – glorious quirky melodic rock sensibilities, serious prog credibility as you try to follow their kaleidosopic workouts, and a great sense of drama to boot.With ‘The Breakout’, the band reinforce all the above with classic intensity, a slightly retro atmosphere and diverse soundscape, taking you on one final musical rollercoaster ride. This time round, they take more time to develop mood and motion, giving you breathing space to recap and marvel at their prowess, their ability to pull those melodies and harmonies out of nowhere, and hearing them throwing out riffs at will, but being tighter as the proverbial duck’s bottom.If you’ve not heard A.C.T before, you won’t go wrong with this one. If you have, look forward to their signature sound with increased maturity and depth whilst still displaying fun and frolic.This is a band that needs major exposure (they are quite big in Japan) and one of the best you can find out there.Simply put, A.C.T is awesome.

Line-Up:

Herman Saming / lead & backing vocals
Ola Andersson / lead & backing vocals, guitar
Jerry Sahlin / lead & backing vocals, synth, vocoder, sound effects
Peter Asp / bass, synth bass
Thomas Lejon / drums

Tracklist:

01. Heatwave Intro
02. Checked Out
03. Brother
04. Dark Clouds
05. Heatwave
06. Breakup
07. The Ruler Of The World (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Mar 2021, 10:10

A.C.T - Imaginary Friends (2001)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2001
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans

Bio:

Album:

Released in 2001, ACT's second album of young Swedes offers a second youth this year in the form of a remastered special edition, enhanced with a bonus track and a documentary, to attract also the lucky owners of the original version who may see there an interest to own both editions.Let's first talk about the new features of this album: the documentary was shot in 2000 and, apart from the possibility of seeing the last images of the first drummer, Tomas Erlandsson, it is at most a basic documentary that is neither boring nor of extraordinary interest. The second new feature compared to the original edition is the cover of 'Mouse In Maze', the original of which was written in 1979 by the Canadians of Saga. This is not surprising when you remember that ACT opened for Saga during their last visit to Trabendo. And the result is interesting enough to deserve a special mention.To come back to the album itself, Imaginary Friends is an extremely disconnected suite of tracks that, as is often the case with bands that choose this voice, will irritate many and seduce so many. As far as I'm concerned, I can only enjoy my pleasure of passing, with a very slight transition, from the jumping "Hippest Flop" to the energetic "A Supposed Tour", thinking of Dream Theater listening to a "Biggest Mistake", passing through the childish "No Perspective".Technically, the musicians master their subject, the album is excellently produced and the only element that is likely to be discouraging at first sight is certainly the voice, recognizable among all, to which a period of adaptation is required.The particularity of this album is therefore essentially the variety. Switching from wild riff to pop song is easy; taming your audience with this type of mix is less easy. Swedish Flower Kings crazy deliriums will undoubtedly appreciate it. For others, it may be much more difficult.

Line-Up:

Herman Saming / lead & backing vocals, silent trumpet
Ola Andersson / electric & acoustic guitars, backing vocals
Jerry Sahlin / synthesizer, vocals, vocoder & drum machine (11), string arrangements
Peter Asp / bass, percussion, backing vocals
Tomas Erlandsson / drums, percussion, backing vocals, keyboards & lead vocals (2007 bonus)

With:

Pelle Saether / backing vocals (4,5), co-producer & engineer
Johan Ederfors / string arrangements & conductor
Anna Blomkvist / violin
Karolina Sjöholm / violin
Diana Crawford / viola
Lisa Fagius / cello

Tracklist:

01. Take It Easy (4:28)
02. Hippest Flop (4:48)
03. A Supposed Tour (4:42)
04. Biggest Mistake (7:49)
05. Imaginary Friends (5:51)
06. She/Male (4:48)

Relationships (The Long One) :

07. At The Altar (0:39)
08. Svetlana (3:43)
09. No Perspective (1:07)
10. Second Thoughts (0:54)
11. Mr. Unfaithful (7:05)
12. Gamophobia (0:46)
13. Little Beauty (4:19)
14. And They Lived Happily Ever After (7:25)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 15 neregistrovaných