Heaven's Cry (CAN)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Heaven's Cry (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Aug 2018, 14:34

Heaven's Cry - Outcast (Digipak Edition) (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 180 mb

Bio:

Heaven’s Cry was formed in the beginning of the 90′s as a progressive rock band with a metal tangent. From a French part of Canada in the city of Montreal, Pierre St-Jean(vocals, guitars) and Sylvain Auclair(vocals, bass) decided to join their efforts, building a dual voice oriented band. Both had played clubs in several bands before HC and had various experiences in songwriting. The time had come to get on track with a serious project that would reflect their aspirations in a proper way.The band has been performing live for a while in front of considerable crowds, opening for bands like Marillion and Saga. In 1995, the band signed with a Canadian label (Hypnotic Records) and recorded their first album called “Food For Thought Substitute” in 1996. The album was released in Japan the same year and earned 13th metal album of the year in the reputed “Burrn! Magazine”. It was released in Europe and Canada the following year.In 1997, most important European magazines finally got their hands on the album. Reviews were more than flattering for HC, voted album of the month in Germany, Italy, Holland, Czech Republic and many more. After some changes in the band line-up, René Lacharité(drums) and Eric Jarrin(guitar) joined the band in late 2000.“Primal Power Addiction” was released in Europe in October 2002 on the reputed Dutch label, DVS Records. The feedback has been enormous. They travelled to Europe to be part of the “ProgPower Festival” in The Netherlands followed by a tour supporting “Threshold” in Belgium, Germany and Denmark. The album was released in North America in March 2003 and the band performed in Canada in support for bands like Anvil, Planet X, Arena and Nightwish throughout 2004.After a seven-year hiatus, the band decided it was time to reform to offer brand new music to their loyal fans that kept on supporting them while the members were busy crafting their art under other musical projects. The band performed for the occasion at the legendary Montreal club, Les Foufounes Electriques, on September 18th 2011 as support act for Swedish band, Katatonia.The re-formed band includes Pierre St-Jean, Sylvain Auclair, Eric Jarrin and René Lacharité and is scheduled to perform once again at the ProgPower Europe Festival on October 5th 2012. This performance coincides with the release of their third album, “Wheels Of Impermanence”, after the band has inked a worldwide deal with Prosthetic Records. The future will bring much more for Heaven’s Cry, as they could not be more present with their lyrics and music, through these troubled times of change.

Album:

Heaven’s Cry, a prog metal band from Montreal, have become one of my favorite bands. Since reforming in 2011 after almost a decade of silence, they returned with “Wheels of Impermanence” in 2012 which was one of the best albums from that year. It was an album that I could not stop listening to and it’s one of those albums that I put on when I’m not sure what I want to listen to. If you knew exactly how much music I own, you’d know how big that is!Their new album “Outcast” is one of my most anticipated albums of 2016 and it does not disappoint at all! For those who need a comparison, Heaven’s Cry have the DNA of Rush mixed with the vibe of Fates Warning topped off with some of the best harmonies you’ll hear. Most bands have one lead vocalist, Heaven’s Cry have two!Guitarist Pierre St. Jean and bassist Sylvain Auclair have amazing voices and they fit together PERFECTLY! It’s one thing to have a vocalist that can harmonize with himself and it’s quite another to have two that can do what these two are capable of. Along the same lines the guitar work of St. Jean and Éric Jarrin often weave around each other. It’s certainly a dual attack but to hear how they alternate riffs, listen to “Symmetry.” It’s magic.While “Outcast” as a whole fits perfectly with the rest of their catalog, it’s even more epic than anything they’ve done previously. This is partly due to the longest song they’ve done, the nearly 15 minute epic “The Day The System Failed.” That song is the centerpiece of the whole album and has some amazing sections, big time hooks and a really nice acoustic outro. If someone needs to know what Heaven’s Cry is all about, this song, with its four movements, is a perfect representation of what they can do.Each track is amazing though! The title track has some of their most technical playing in the middle coupled with some of their strongest melody lines to date. “If I Only Knew” has an almost schizoid feeling to it, with the verses being so heavy (especially the vocals) and then the chorus being so hooky. It’s the perfect dichotomy.Prog metal often gets labeled as “thinking man’s metal,” but the difference with Heaven’s Cry is that they actually back up that with intelligent and thought provoking lyrics. The whole concept of “Outcast” is how fucked we are as humans thanks to the leaders who misuse their power and lead us down the wrong path. “A Shift in Scenery” points that out but offers that we can change all of that. It’s one of my favorite tracks on the album.So what about downsides, I have only one minor issue. The sample speech during the opening track “The Human Factor” goes on too long for my liking. While it does fit the song, it’d be nice to hear the music without any distraction. Toward the end of that section, the band really are getting into it with drummer Rene Lacharite showing how he drives the band forward as always. Still, that’s a VERY minor complaint. It’s something I’ve already gotten used to since I can’t stop playing this album!!!!My hope is that more fans of great prog metal will wake the fuck up and notice Heaven’s Cry. This is an incredibly talented band that deserve to be HUGE. They put out their first two albums, went away for 10 years and came back to pick up where they left off. They were ahead of their time then and now the world has caught up with what this band can do. It’s time for everyone to give this band the attention they rightfully deserve. “Outcast” is another masterpiece from Heaven’s Cry that every prog metal band wishes they could have created, but only this band could do it.

Line Up:

René Lacharité Drums - See also: ex-Necrotic Mutation
Éric Jarrin Guitars - See also: Despised Icon, ex-Necrotic Mutation
Sylvain Auclair Vocals, Bass - See also: ex-Utopy
Pierre St. Jean Vocals, Guitars - See also: NonHuman Era, Alcoholica

Tracklist:

01. The Human Factor 08:03
02. Outcast 06:47
03. The Day the System Failed 14:17
04. If I Only Knew 05:21
05. A Shift in Scenery 04:53
06. Symmetry 07:31
07. Alive 03:59

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 12 neregistrovaných