Raging Slab (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Raging Slab (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Apr 2024, 10:25

Raging Slab - Raging Slab (1989) (Japan Edition 1990)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Japan Edition 1990)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 99 mb

Bio:

Raging Slab formed in 1983 when Hooversville native Greg Strzempka and Elyse Steinman, both guitarists, met in New York City.In 1987 the group recorded their first album, Assmaster, released on the New Jersey based punk label Buy Our Records. The cover art was executed by Marvel Comics artists Pat Redding and Pete Ciccone, and Raging Slab began to tour across the United States. In 1988 Steinman and Strzempka decide to add a third guitarist, Mark Middleton, and the group released their second album, True Death.By 1989 several major labels were bidding to sign Raging Slab, and ultimately it was RCA Records that attracted the band to sign a multi-record contract. The group recorded their eponymous third album Raging Slab, produced by Daniel Rey (Iggy Pop, The Ramones, Masters of Reality).The band reentered the studio to record their third RCA record Freeburden with producer Michael Beinhorn (Soundgarden, Ozzy Osbourne, Chili Peppers) and during recording, and the group were utilizing the talents of Chili Pepper and Pearl Jam drummer, Jack Irons.Once again their work is rejected by RCA. Def American impresario Rick Rubin began to make offers to the group to leave RCA and make records for his flourishing label. The group agreed and Rubin bought out the remainder of their contract with RCA.In 1993 the band released their Def American debut, the magnum opus double album Dynamite Monster Boogie Concert. A video that the group creates to accompany this release featured former child actor Gary Coleman, and the video debuted on MTV's popular Beavis and Butt-Head program, where Beavis is heard to declare, "they're like Skynyrd, but cool…".The following year the band embarked on a European tour in support of Texas.They also played with Lenny Kravitz and Monster Magnet, but while in England the group's then-drummer Paul Sheehan suffered debilitating knee injuries and the group curtailed its touring schedule.They returned to the U.S. and began recording their second Def American (by now known as American Recordings) album. The group delivered Black Belt in Boogie, but the record is rejected by Rubin,who reportedly tells the group that he "didn't hear any songs" on it, and it is not released. It was during this time that third guitarist Mark Middleton chose to leave the band, citing "personal problems" as the reason for his departure.The group returned to the studio to record its next album Sing Monkey, Sing!, which was released with very little publicity. American Recordings then severed its relationship with its distributor Warner Bros. Records, but neglected to tell the members of Raging Slab that it had done so, and also overlooked the legalities of releasing the group from its contract. Sing Monkey, Sing! is then sold to the Colombia Record and Tape Club, and the band began legal proceedings against their former label. Deciding that formal proceedings against such a powerful adversary would result only in their own financial ruin, the group decided to wait out the remainder of their contract, which effectively barred them from releasing any new music until the year 2000.With the passing of the year 2000, the group's contractual restrictions finally fell away and they began to again record and release music, and they appear on compilation albums.In 2001 the group returned with a renewed vigor and they released The Dealer on NYC based independent label Tee Pee Records, and this was the first album of new and original music released by the band in almost six years. The group toured the U.S. and Canada extensively at this time, and were preparing to embark on a European tour. Scheduled to depart New York City bound for London, England on September 11, 2001, the infamous atrocity that occurred on that date postponed the European leg of their tour until later in 2001. On their return to the US the group once again headed into their studio to begin a new record. This album entitled Pronounced: Eat Shit was released in 2002, also on Tee Pee Records.After the release and European tour for Pronounced: Eat Shit, the band took a long hiatus, before announcing that longtime bassist Alec Morton was suffering from congestive heart failure. Slab frontman Greg Strzempka joined Swedish southern-metallers Backdraft in 2003, before changing the band name to Odin Grange. But in the year 2004, drummer Niklas Matsson and bassist Mats Rydström joined Raging Slab for a short tour of the US and the recording of a new record, to be announced in 2009.

Album:

Raging Slab is the major label debut of American hard rock band Raging Slab, released in 1989.The album contains the singles "Don't Dog Me" and "Bent For Silver". "Don't Dog Me" was a minor hit on radio and MTV.Trouser Press praised the "much better songwriting" and "muscular production."The Encyclopedia of Popular Music deemed the album "excellent."The Chicago Tribune wrote that "[Greg] Strzempka`s gutsy voice and the band`s ferocious bar-room intensity are enough to give any rock fan a thrill." The Morning Call likened the band to "Black Oak Arkansas raised to the 10th power." The album peaked at No. 113 on the Billboard 200.Raging Slab were one of the first bands to really make southern rock sound truly hard and metallic, with the possible exceptions of Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet. Slab's music is much more inventive and original than those bands, though, with touches of stoner rock, as much in attitude as the music itself. The lyrics are unpredictable and a little loopy but usually clever. Oh yeah, adn the songs are catchy and memorable, adn just have a cool sound all around. And the "Don't Dog Me" video was great! My faves: "Don't Dog Me," "Joyride," "Sorry's All I Got," "Bent For Silver" and of course "Geronimo."

Line-Up:

Gregory Strzempka - vocals, guitar
Mark Middleton - lead guitar
Elyse Steinman - bottleneck guitar
Alec Morton - bass
Bob Pantella - drums

Additional personnel:

Tony Scaglione - drums on all tracks except "Get Off My Jollies"
Steve "Doc Killdrums" Wacholz - drums on "Get Off My Jollies"
Ray Gillen - backing vocals on "Shiny Mama"
Paul Presttopino - dobro solo on "Sorry's All I Got"
Norm Chynoweth - piano on "Dig A Hole"

Production:

Recorded At – Record Plant, N.Y.C.
Mixed At – The Hit Factory
Mastered At – Sterling Sound
Made By – Disctronics H – 12467
Art Direction, Design – Pietro Alfieri, Ria Lewerke
Engineer – Jim Ball, Joe Henehan
Mastered By – George Marino
Mixed By – Gary Lyons
Mixed By [Assistant Engineer] – Bob Smith
Photography By – Moshe Brakha
Producer – Daniel Rey
Words By, Music By – Gregory Strzempka

Tracklist:

01. Don't Dog Me 3:51
02. Joy Ride 3:43
03. Sorry's All I Got 2:59
04. Waiting for the Potion 2:46
05. Get Off My Jollies 3:51
06. Shiny Mama 3:21
07. Geronimo 4:55
08. Bent for Silver 3:01
09. Love Comes Loose 3:06
10. Dig a Hole 3:07
11. San Loco 2:59

+ Video "Don't Dog Me" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Raging Slab (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Apr 2024, 10:38

Raging Slab - Raging Slab (1989) (Rock Candy Remastered 2009)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Rock Candy Remastered 2009)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 100 mb

Bio:

Raging Slab formed in 1983 when Hooversville native Greg Strzempka and Elyse Steinman, both guitarists, met in New York City.In 1987 the group recorded their first album, Assmaster, released on the New Jersey based punk label Buy Our Records. The cover art was executed by Marvel Comics artists Pat Redding and Pete Ciccone, and Raging Slab began to tour across the United States. In 1988 Steinman and Strzempka decide to add a third guitarist, Mark Middleton, and the group released their second album, True Death.By 1989 several major labels were bidding to sign Raging Slab, and ultimately it was RCA Records that attracted the band to sign a multi-record contract. The group recorded their eponymous third album Raging Slab, produced by Daniel Rey (Iggy Pop, The Ramones, Masters of Reality).The band reentered the studio to record their third RCA record Freeburden with producer Michael Beinhorn (Soundgarden, Ozzy Osbourne, Chili Peppers) and during recording, and the group were utilizing the talents of Chili Pepper and Pearl Jam drummer, Jack Irons.Once again their work is rejected by RCA. Def American impresario Rick Rubin began to make offers to the group to leave RCA and make records for his flourishing label. The group agreed and Rubin bought out the remainder of their contract with RCA.In 1993 the band released their Def American debut, the magnum opus double album Dynamite Monster Boogie Concert. A video that the group creates to accompany this release featured former child actor Gary Coleman, and the video debuted on MTV's popular Beavis and Butt-Head program, where Beavis is heard to declare, "they're like Skynyrd, but cool…".The following year the band embarked on a European tour in support of Texas.They also played with Lenny Kravitz and Monster Magnet, but while in England the group's then-drummer Paul Sheehan suffered debilitating knee injuries and the group curtailed its touring schedule.They returned to the U.S. and began recording their second Def American (by now known as American Recordings) album. The group delivered Black Belt in Boogie, but the record is rejected by Rubin,who reportedly tells the group that he "didn't hear any songs" on it, and it is not released. It was during this time that third guitarist Mark Middleton chose to leave the band, citing "personal problems" as the reason for his departure.The group returned to the studio to record its next album Sing Monkey, Sing!, which was released with very little publicity. American Recordings then severed its relationship with its distributor Warner Bros. Records, but neglected to tell the members of Raging Slab that it had done so, and also overlooked the legalities of releasing the group from its contract. Sing Monkey, Sing! is then sold to the Colombia Record and Tape Club, and the band began legal proceedings against their former label. Deciding that formal proceedings against such a powerful adversary would result only in their own financial ruin, the group decided to wait out the remainder of their contract, which effectively barred them from releasing any new music until the year 2000.With the passing of the year 2000, the group's contractual restrictions finally fell away and they began to again record and release music, and they appear on compilation albums.In 2001 the group returned with a renewed vigor and they released The Dealer on NYC based independent label Tee Pee Records, and this was the first album of new and original music released by the band in almost six years. The group toured the U.S. and Canada extensively at this time, and were preparing to embark on a European tour. Scheduled to depart New York City bound for London, England on September 11, 2001, the infamous atrocity that occurred on that date postponed the European leg of their tour until later in 2001. On their return to the US the group once again headed into their studio to begin a new record. This album entitled Pronounced: Eat Shit was released in 2002, also on Tee Pee Records.After the release and European tour for Pronounced: Eat Shit, the band took a long hiatus, before announcing that longtime bassist Alec Morton was suffering from congestive heart failure. Slab frontman Greg Strzempka joined Swedish southern-metallers Backdraft in 2003, before changing the band name to Odin Grange. But in the year 2004, drummer Niklas Matsson and bassist Mats Rydström joined Raging Slab for a short tour of the US and the recording of a new record, to be announced in 2009.

Album:

Here’s the Rock Candy Records remastered reissue of NYC Hard Rockers RAGING SLAB self titled 1989 album “Raging Slab“.Signed by RCA Records and herded into the recording studio with legendary producer Daniel Rey (Ramones, Circus Of Power, etc) they crafted one of the greatest – or at least original – debut albums of the decade. With their hard rock southern bluesy mix, the Slab – as they were affectionately tagged – made for one hell of a circus side-show.This is punchy, urgent, fried-chicken in motor-oil heavy stuff with a Seventies southern rock mojo amped with ’80s distortion / reverb, catchy as Hell.Raging Slab’s first major-label album is pretty interesting in retrospect, in that it’s both of its time and very clearly a harbinger of the future — which of course is all the more bemusing in that the band was so clearly inspired by the past more than anything else.The quintet’s obsession with ’70s rock trudge and stomp — perfectly evident with song titles like “Shiny Mama,” “Get off My Jollies,” and “San Loco” — pretty soon would get full validation among classic rockers and beyond.It’s a fun album, a loud enough grind and shake that’s actually a bit easygoing in ways — songs like “Joy Ride” and “Bent for Silver” wouldn’t sound out of place over the PA while waiting for a Foghat show. Elyse Steinman’s work on bottleneck guitar combined with the rest of the feedback is a nice touch — it’s not quite Lynyrd Skynyrd’s triple-guitar attack, but it’s not entirely meant to be, and songs like “Geronimo” easily benefit from it.Meanwhile, Greg Strzempka’s singing has the swagger down if not quite a unique, memorable approach, though it works surprisingly well on the quieter, downright tender songs like “Love Comes Loose” – very well indeed.

Line-Up:

Gregory Strzempka - vocals, guitar
Mark Middleton - lead guitar
Elyse Steinman - bottleneck guitar
Alec Morton - bass
Bob Pantella - drums

Additional personnel:

Tony Scaglione - drums on all tracks except "Get Off My Jollies"
Steve "Doc Killdrums" Wacholz - drums on "Get Off My Jollies"
Ray Gillen - backing vocals on "Shiny Mama"
Paul Presttopino - dobro solo on "Sorry's All I Got"
Norm Chynoweth - piano on "Dig A Hole"

Production:

Recorded At – Record Plant, N.Y.C.
Mixed At – The Hit Factory
Mastered At – Sterling Sound
Made By – Disctronics H – 12467
Art Direction, Design – Pietro Alfieri, Ria Lewerke
Engineer – Jim Ball, Joe Henehan
Mastered By – George Marino
Mixed By – Gary Lyons
Mixed By [Assistant Engineer] – Bob Smith
Photography By – Moshe Brakha
Producer – Daniel Rey
Words By, Music By – Gregory Strzempka

Tracklist:

01. Don't Dog Me 3:51
02. Joy Ride 3:43
03. Sorry's All I Got 2:59
04. Waiting for the Potion 2:46
05. Get Off My Jollies 3:51
06. Shiny Mama 3:21
07. Geronimo 4:55
08. Bent for Silver 3:01
09. Love Comes Loose 3:06
10. Dig a Hole 3:07
11. San Loco 2:59

+ Video "Don't Dog Me" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných