Wallner / Vain (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Wallner / Vain (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Mar 2023, 06:11

Wallner Vain - Back On The Strip (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 101 mb

Bio:

Born in America, raised in England, and currently living in Berlin, Germany. My most recent project is a Science Fiction book series for which I’m also writing a musical soundtrack.The name of the project is ‘Phthalo Blues’.I grew up in South West England surrounded by lots of sheep. While I was a teenager, studying at Colyton Grammar School, I discovered my love for rock music and the electric guitar. Ritchie Blackmore, Gary Moore and John Sykes became my biggest influences. Immediately after graduating from the University of Portsmouth, I flew to Los Angeles with my guitar in one hand, and a bag of clothes in the other.While living in Los Angeles I played with many bands and toured all over the world including Japan, North America, Canada and Europe. I also recorded a lot of my own music with many great musicians including Don Airey, Carmine Appice, Derek Sherinian, Neil Murray, Tony Carey, Vinny Appice, Jimmy Bain, Rudy Sarzo, Tony Franklin, Brian Tichy and many more. There’s nothing I love more than making music, but after living in Los Angeles for 5 years, I decided I needed a change of scenery.In 2014 I moved to Berlin, Germany and entered the world of ‘Live Escape Games’. I started companies in Brighton, England and Berlin, Germany. Following the great success of these companies, I decided to explore other interests, specifically writing. In 2016 I began writing an epic Science Fiction story called ‘Phthalo Blues’ for which my music will serve as the soundtrack. The project will launch in 2018.My other interests include my pets, which I rescued from Los Angeles and Berlin. They include my Beagle ‘Louie’, my Chihuahua ‘Lizzy’ and my cat ‘Coco’. I wrote a book about my love for animals called ‘The Howling Company’ in 2015. Whether I’m recording new music, starting a new business, or writing a new book, I love nothing more than to create something new. That is what inspires me.

Album:

WALLNER / VAIN is a collaboration between European musicians guitarist Will Wallner (White Wizzard) and female singer Vivien Vain. The duo met in 2008, and discovered they shared a mutual passion for rock n’ roll bands like Thin Lizzy, Rainbow and Van Halen.
WALLNER / VAIN already released an album and some EP’s, and they moved Los Angeles at the beginning of 2020 with one purpose; to record a great rock n’ roll album with the assistance of top musicians and producers from the genre.The band is already recording the upcoming album titled ‘Duel’, and their new song ‘Back on the Strip‘ is autobiographical, telling the story of how they recently moved to LA and how the 80s Sunset Strip scene influenced them. Wallner even is living right across from the Rainbow Bar & Grill, and as fate would have it, the apartment was also the former home of legendary Motorhead frontman Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilminster.WALLNER / VAIN has also re-released some of their best songs, and while recording ‘Duel’ they made as well “The Legend Never Dies: A Tribute to Thin Lizzy” featuring 4 ‘deep cuts’ from 4 different Thin Lizzy albums.Among the musicians into these recordings there’s Vinny Appice, Derek Sherinian, Tony Franklin, Carmine Appice, Don Airey.WALLNER / VAIN delivers well-crafted rockers embedded in Classic Hard Rock aesthetics with noticeable influences from the Seventies / Eighties. It portrays the duo bravely continuing the legacy their great predecessors left them with, drawing inspirations from the likes of Rainbow, Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple and Gary Moore.Still, it’s more of an appropriate vehicle for expression for them than a rip-off of the old patterns, and there’s also this feisty, expressive element in the music that nevertheless keeps it fresh and unique.Regarding the just released today EP ‘”The Legend Never Dies: A Tribute to Thin Lizzy”, the band does a great job covering no so well known Lizzy songs, arranged for female vocals and with a stupendous back up band.According to Wallner; “The songs were chosen primarily for their lyrical content, to highlight the lyrical genius that was Phil Lynott. The final product came out sounding better than anything we’ve ever done in the past. This is our tribute to Thin Lizzy and Phil Lynott, even though he may no longer be with us, his music continues to inspire generation after generation of musicians, just like us. The Legend Never Dies!”

Line Up:

Vivien Vain: Vocals
Will Wallner: Guitars, Keyboards

with:

Bass: Jon Leon, Tony Franklin
Drums: Vinny Appice, Carmine Appice
Keyboards: Don Airey
* The Legend Never Dies: A Tribute to Thin Lizzy:
Vocals: Vivien Vain
Guitars: Will Wallner
Drums: Vinny Appice
Keyboards: Derek Sherinian
Bass: Tony Franklin
Mixed by Ralph Patlan (Michael Schenker, UFO)

Tracklist:

01. Back On The Strip (feat Vinny Appice)
02. Black Moon (feat Tony Franklin & Carmine Appice)
03. Eye Of The Storm (feat Vinny Appice)
04. All That I Want (feat Tony Franklin & Carmine Appice)*
05. Hollywood (Down on Your Luck) (feat V.Appice, Sherinian, Franklin)*
06. Vagabond of the Western World (feat V.Appice, Sherinian, Franklin)*
07. Do Anything You Want To (feat V. Appice, Sherinian, Franklin)*
08. Genocide (The Killing of the Buffalo) (feat V.Appice, Sherinian, Franklin)
09. The Loner [Gary Moore cover] (feat Vinny Appice & Don Airey)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Wallner / Vain (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Mar 2023, 06:12

Wallner Vain - Duel (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 108 mb

Bio:

Born in America, raised in England, and currently living in Berlin, Germany. My most recent project is a Science Fiction book series for which I’m also writing a musical soundtrack.The name of the project is ‘Phthalo Blues’.I grew up in South West England surrounded by lots of sheep. While I was a teenager, studying at Colyton Grammar School, I discovered my love for rock music and the electric guitar. Ritchie Blackmore, Gary Moore and John Sykes became my biggest influences. Immediately after graduating from the University of Portsmouth, I flew to Los Angeles with my guitar in one hand, and a bag of clothes in the other.While living in Los Angeles I played with many bands and toured all over the world including Japan, North America, Canada and Europe. I also recorded a lot of my own music with many great musicians including Don Airey, Carmine Appice, Derek Sherinian, Neil Murray, Tony Carey, Vinny Appice, Jimmy Bain, Rudy Sarzo, Tony Franklin, Brian Tichy and many more. There’s nothing I love more than making music, but after living in Los Angeles for 5 years, I decided I needed a change of scenery.In 2014 I moved to Berlin, Germany and entered the world of ‘Live Escape Games’. I started companies in Brighton, England and Berlin, Germany. Following the great success of these companies, I decided to explore other interests, specifically writing. In 2016 I began writing an epic Science Fiction story called ‘Phthalo Blues’ for which my music will serve as the soundtrack. The project will launch in 2018.My other interests include my pets, which I rescued from Los Angeles and Berlin. They include my Beagle ‘Louie’, my Chihuahua ‘Lizzy’ and my cat ‘Coco’. I wrote a book about my love for animals called ‘The Howling Company’ in 2015. Whether I’m recording new music, starting a new business, or writing a new book, I love nothing more than to create something new. That is what inspires me.

Album:

We were featuring previous material from the very good hard rock duo WALLNER / VAIN, and now they are releasing the new album “Duel“, again featuring legendary Vinny Appice (Black Sabbath, Dio) on drums.WALLNER / VAIN was formed in LA by Will Wallner (current lead gitarist for White Wizzard) and female vocalist Vivien Vain when they met at the ‘Rainbow Bar and Grill’ on the Sunset Strip and discovered they shared a passion for hard bands from the 70’s and 80’s.The duo already released their full length debut LP the past decade, a new album in 2021, and soon after an EP of Thin Lizzy covers titled ‘The Legend Never Dies’ as a warm up before starting work on their new album ”Duel”.They teamed up with producer Chris Collier (Whitesnake, KXM, Lynch Mob) to obtain that classic hard rock sound, and succeeded on ”Duel”, as this is one of the best American classic hard rock ’80s sounding album recently appeared.It was important to Wallner that ”Duel” showcase the guitar in a way that was authentic to his heroes. Everything was recorded with a Les Paul through a vintage Marshall stack at concert volumes. There are no plugins, samples, or autotune on Vain’s powerful, natural vocals.Songs like rocking ‘Johnny B. Bad’ (a song about a vagabond musician Wallner met in Hollywood), the groovy midpaced ‘Duel’, the riff-driven ‘Pay to Play’, the very ’80s ‘Deceive Her’, the melodic hard rocker ‘Into the Night’ – all are strong hard rockers – just to name a few, as all tracks are good, including Wallner’s cover of Gary Moore classic ‘The Loner’.WALLNER / VAIN delivers well-crafted, killer ’80s-style rockers with an excellent production by Collier, with a sound ranging from ‘American’ late Eighties Whitesnake, Hurricane, Dokken to Thin Lizzy and Gary Moore.“Duel” portrays the duo bravely continuing the legacy their great predecessors left them with, still it’s more of an appropriate vehicle for expression for the duo than a rip-off of the old patterns, and there’s also this feisty, expressive element in the music that keeps it fresh and unique.“Duel” will surprise you with its quality female-fronted classic hard rock waves.

Line Up:

Vivien Vain: Vocals
Will Wallner: Guitars, Keyboards

with:

Jack Glazer – Bass
Vinny Appice – Drums (Black Sabbath, Dio)
Jonathan Brown – Drums

Tracklist:

01. Johnny B. Bad
02. Duel
03. Pay to Play
04. Deceive Her
05. Keep Your Head Down
06. Necrobot
07. Blink of an Eye
08. Into the Night
09. The Loner
10. Back on the Strip

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných