St. James (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

St. James (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 14 Mar 2023, 09:57

St. James - Americanman (2001)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2001 (Melodic Mayhem Music Edition)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 90 mb

Bio:

Solo project of Jamie St James, vocalist of the seminal glam metal band Black 'n Blue.BLACK 'N BLUE were a youthful, glamorous band with solid musicianship and masterful songwriting, but unfortunately they spontaneously disappeared in the late 80s, and Jamie went on to play in the KISS tribute band COLD GIN with his drummer friend Tommy Thayer. Jamie continued to play in the KISS tribute band COLD GIN with his drummer and ally Tommy Thayer.Tommy, as you know, has since become deeply involved with KISS and is still active as a member of KISS as a guitarist, and has made a big name for himself.Jamie, on the other hand, seems to have returned to the scene in earnest with ST. JAMES after participating in several projects, but I think there is just too much charm to ignore.A five-piece formation backed by almost unknown members, the band's visuals are 80s hair metal, and the sound is nothing less or more than that.The vocalist doesn't seem to have a strong personality to begin with, and his voice quality is neither high nor low, to put it mildly.He can sing a wide range of numbers, from party rock to hard pop, from speed numbers to ballads, and he is definitely a very versatile singer.Her vocal sound, which was not so noticeable in the BLACK 'N BLUE era, has become a little nasal, which also gives her a unique and mysterious quality.In 2006, they temporarily joined WARRANT, which was a surprise, but this album also sells a sparkling atmosphere that can be described as a genuine 80's metal mindset, and is a must for those who like that kind of sound.Unlike BLACK 'N BLUE, which also had a metal edge, this album is based on a pop sense similar to POISON, and is quite entertaining.

Jaime St. James (born January 27, 1960) is the lead vocalist and primary songwriter of the glam metal band Black 'N Blue. He also served briefly in the mid-2000s as the lead singer of Warrant, but he left upon the return of the band's original lead singer Jani Lane in 2008. He sang (as well as wrote or co-wrote half of the albums tracks) on Warrant's 2006 album Born Again.Born James Pond, St. James started out playing drums, as he had fantasized about being a rock drummer during his youth. He began his professional music career while a student at Cleveland High School, where he and classmates Dan Kurth, Barry Pendergrass, and Ray Malsom formed the Molly Hatchet-inspired combo Jet. Pond and Jet are featured prominently in the 1977 Legend, the yearbook of Cleveland High School. The band was briefly a favorite among Portland's high school crowd, and his version of the ZZ Top song "La Grange" was an early hint of his future fame.It was also during high school that Pond met his then-classmate and fellow musician, Tommy Thayer, creating a friendship that has lasted to the present. He and Thayer formed a band that ultimately evolved into Black 'n Blue, which gave the two their first taste of mainstream success.Following Black N' Blue, St. James performed with the bands Freight Train Jane, The Glorious Things (which also featured former Warrant guitarist Billy Morris), and his own band St. James, which Billy Morris guested with.Jaime St. James also played drums for the Kiss tribute band called Cold Gin, playing the role of Peter Criss. Tommy Thayer, bandmate of St. James in Black 'N Blue (and current member of Kiss) was also in Cold Gin, playing the role of Ace Frehley. There was/is at least one other Kiss tribute band also called Cold Gin.He co-wrote one Kiss song with Gene Simmons and Scott Van Zen: "In My Head", which appeared on their album Carnival of Souls: The Final Sessions.Aside from Black 'N Blue, St. James was a member of the now defunct Hard Rock All Stars with Juan Croucier of Ratt, Stacey Blades (formerly of L.A. Guns) and Pete Holmes of Black 'N Blue / Michael Schenker. Their set list includes songs from their own respective bands Black 'N Blue, Ratt & L.A. Guns.In late 2013, St. James joined the live show Let It Rawk with Stacey Blades, Oz Fox, Scot Coogan, Eric Brittingham and Sean McNabb. The band currently performs regularly in Las Vegas, Hollywood, and at various rock festivals. St. James left the band in July 2016.He married Mishel St James on May 11, 2018.

Album:

This album was released in 2001 as the solo project of Jamie St James, vocalist of the seminal glam metal band Black 'n Blue.As a big fan of Black ‘n Blue, I was eager to hear this new solo effort from ex-Black ‘n Blue vocalist Jamie St. James. The first two BnB albums (self titled and Without Love) are very good 80’s hard rock albums, and very much sought after as they have been out of print for years. Check ebay to see for yourself how much these first two BnB albums sell for, and you will know what I mean when I say “highly sought after!” The band released a total of four albums during the 80’s (the first two were clearly their best!) before abruptly calling it quits. So, does this new offering from Jamie St. James compare to his work with Black ‘n Blue? I’ll put it this way, if I heard this CD without being given the name of the band/artist involved, I would never had connected it to Black ‘n Blue, much less Jamie St. James.From the first note, I quickly realize that Jamie St. James is singing in a much lower voice, maybe an octave or so lower than his BnB days. That was a bit of surprise since I hadn’t heard the guy sing since the last BnB album which was released well over ten years ago. The lower vocal range is not really a bad thing since he did sing in a high range back in the day. If you’ve heard the Without Love album of Black ‘n Blue, you’ll notice the slight use of organs which gave some of the songs on that album a different atmosphere. The organ and piano were used on that album sort of like a seasoning to compliment food – it worked very well. On this album, the organ is used on every song, to the point of over saturation at times – like dumping half a bottle of salad dressing on your salad. Hello Halo and Light of Love in particular are two songs that I would consider over saturated in organs.As for the songs themselves, we have a bit of a mixed bag. There are some strong catchy hard rock songs, reminiscent of Black ‘n Blue. There are some punk rock influenced songs, which is a style I don’t much care for at all. Like I said, the organ use is present throughout the entire album, which for me should have been toned down a bit. Generation Suicide very much a punk rock influenced song as is Die Like a Star. Magical Taxicab is a catchy party rock song as is the leadoff track, Testify. The title track Americanman is one song that most reminds me of BnB style songwriting, particularly Without Love era BnB – although not nearly as good as that album. Within this track, you’ll find harmony vocals, which for the most part are absent on this album. That may because the backing vocals are a bit out of key! As far as the guitar work – there are some very well done (but too short) solos, not enough solos overall in my opinion. The riffs are not bad, but certainly not memorable and likely won’t inspire any headbanging or air guitar while listening to them. Another point worth mentioning is the fact that this is an extremely raw sounding album. Jamie St. James did a good job producing the album himself, although it is evidident he was on a tight budget. Well, he did the best with what he had and has created a very raw sounding hard rock album.Do not hit the play button expecting to hear a continuation of Black ‘n Blue. This album covers a lot of territory from some very energetic hard rock and a bit of party rock, to the more punk rock inspired tunes, with extensive organ use throughout. Also, be prepared for a lower range Jamie St. James vocal delivery. That is not so bad, but the occasional punk rock leanings I could do without. In recent years, hard rock and metal fans have been treated to some phenomenal production efforts. Not so here. The production is not bad per se, but it has a very raw feel to it. This is a very respectable hard rock offering, but the “try before buy” rule applies as I feel some fans will enjoy the variety, atmosphere, and rawness, while others may be turned off for exactly the same reasons.

Line-Up:

Jaime St. James – vocals - See also: Black 'n Blue, Hard Rock All Stars, Let It Rawk
Billy Morris - Guitar
Jimmy Maguire - Guitar
Joe Frietchen - Bass, Backing Vocals
Danny Morris - Keyboards
Todd Shelly - Drums, Backing Vocals

Production:

Mastered By – Gary Fulton
Mixed By – Michael Vescera

Tracklist:

01. Testify 3:10
02. Generation Suicide 4:04
03. Deaf, Dumb, And Blind 2:34
04. Hello Halo 4:14
05. Magical Taxi Cab 3:51
06. Losing Your Man 3:41
07. Spinnin' 2:47
08. Die Like A Star 4:01
09. Americanman 3:43
10. Light Of Love 3:30
11. Aliens 3:25

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 12 neregistrovaných