The Darren Phillips Project (AUS/GBR)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

The Darren Phillips Project (AUS/GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Dec 2022, 08:09

The Darren Phillips Project - Volume One (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok
Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 157 mb

Bio:

This project began just over a year ago whilst I was hosting my own melodic rock radio show here in Sydney Australia. I began interviewing band members and the conversation turned to our mutual love of songwriting. Most requested that I send some demos their way and the response, most times, was that we should work together on something, and so the Darren Phillips Project was born!Since the initial single Defying Gravity with members of degreed and White Widdow, I have since collaborated with Robbie LaBlanc, Dennis Ward, Herman Furin, Dennis Borg, Michael Palace, Erik Heikne, Jace Pawlak, Australian glam rock band Sisters Doll, Phil Lindstrand, Andreas Gullstrand and have had tracks mastered by Erik Martensson and Harry Hess. It has really been an amazing experience.The first collection or tracks will be released independently on the album titled Volume One on the 23rd September.

Album:

THE DARREN PHILLIPS PROJECT is the new awesome all-star project which is releasing its debut album "Volume One" next September 23, 2017 and we are presenting it here in exclusive.Besides mastermind Darren Phillips (songwriting, vocals, production) and multi-instrumentalist / producer Daniel Skeed, the 'who's who' from the international Melodic Rock / AOR world are collaborating here.Take a quick look; Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69, Khymera) on lead vocals and mastering, Enzo Almanzi (White Widdow), Robbie LaBlanc (Find Me / Blanc Faces), Philip Lindstrand (Find Me / Jim Jidhed), Michael Palace (Palace, Kryptonite), Erik Heinke (Miss Behaviour), Herman Furin (Work Of Art), Dennis Butabi Borg (Cruzh), Robin & Mats Eriksson (Degreed) ... and many more.If that ain't enough, Erik Martenssson (Eclipse) and Harry Hess (Harem Scarem) are involved in mastering and mix.As you can all assume by the musicians that were included in this project, the sound here is moving between classy Melodic Rock, AOR and some edgy Melodic Hard.Yes, you are guessing right, The Darren Phillips Project "Volume One" is an album that can't be missed by any fan of the melodic scene in general.Opener "Ready To Fly" is the first highlight. Dennis Ward on lead vocals does an excellent job and the guitar duo of Enzo Almanzi and Heinke is simply breathtaking. "Heartbreaker" is edgier, groovier, with bad-ass attitude and I just love Lindstrand's vocals here.With "I Believe" we are dealing with yet another killer melodic rock gem. Man, I just love this one! Robbie LaBlanc (Find Me) vocals are pure gold and the chorus line is heavenly AOR.Darren Phillips has an educated, really warm melodic voice and that's a thing that can be heard in "Cold Turkey". This is a beautiful midtempo tune with a retro AOR feel.The edgier "Defying Gravity" and the groovier "One Shoot" are two more great numbers in a pulsating Melodic Rock fashion which is the heart of this great record.This digipak version of "Volume One" includes as bonus track the very nice 'Ready To Fly (acoustic version)', stripped and still excellent with a more intimate feel.If you love classy Melodic Rock / AOR you can't miss THE DARREN PHILLIPS PROJECT debut.

Line Up:

01 – Ready To Fly
Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69, Khymera) lead vocals
Jace Pawlak - backing vocals
Dennis Butabi Borg (Cruzh) bass
Enzo Almanzi (White Widdow) rhythm guitar
Erik Heinke (Miss Behaviour) lead guitar
Herman Furin (Work Of Art) drums

02 - Heartbreaker
Philip Lindstrand (Find Me / Jim Jidhed) lead vocals
Dennis Butabi Borg (Cruzh) bass
Magnus Midelf - backing vocals
Robbie LaBlanc (Find Me / Blanc Faces) backing vocals
Jace Pawlak - backing vocals

03 - Heart Attack
Enzo Almanzi (White Widdow) guitars
Sisters Doll (lead vocals & full band)
Auzy Foxx, Daniel Skeed, Darren Phillips - backing vocals

04 - I Believe
Robbie LaBlanc (Find Me / Blanc Faces) lead vocals
Philip Lindstrand (Find Me / Jim Jidhed) backing vocals
Daniel Skeed - guitars, bass

05 - Monday
Daniel Skeed - lead & backing vocals, guitar, bass
Michael Palace (Palace, Kryptonite) lead guitar

06 - Cold Turkey
Darren Phillips - lead & backing vocals
Enzo Almanzi (White Widdow) lead guitar
Daniel Skeed - guitars, bass, keyboards

07 - Defying Gravity
Robin Ericsson (Degreed) lead & backing vocals
Enzo Almanzi (White Widdow) lead guitar
Ben Webster (White Widdow) bass
Mats Ericsson (Degreed) drums

08 - Thieves in the Night
Jace Pawlak - lead & backing vocals
Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69, Khymera) bass
Enzo Almanzi (White Widdow) guitar
Daniel Skeed - lead guitars
Darren Phillips - backing vocals

09 - One Shot
Darren Phillips - lead & backing vocals
Daniel Skeed - guitars, bass, synths

10 - Ready To Fly (acoustic version) [CD only bonus track]

Produced by Darren Phillips & Daniel Skeed
1 mastered by Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69, Khymera)
5, 7, 8 mastered by Harry Hess (Harem Scarem)
4 mastered by Erik Martenssson (Eclipse)

Tracklist:

01. Ready to Fly (feat. Dennis Ward, Jace Pawlak, Dennis Butabi Borg, Enzo Almanzi, Erik Heikne & Herman Furin)
02. Heartbreaker (feat. Philip Lindstrand, Dennis Butabi Borg, Herman Furin, Magnus Midelf, Robbie LaBlanc & Jace Pawlak)
03. Heart Attack (feat. Enzo Almanzi & Sisters Doll)
04. I Believe (feat. Robbie LaBlanc & Philip Lindstrand)
05. Monday (feat. Daniel Skeed & Michael Palace)
06. Cold Turkey (feat. Enzo Almanzi)
07. Defying Gravity (feat. Robin Ericsson, Enzo Almanzi, Ben Webster & Mats Ericsson)
08. Thieves in the Night (feat. Jace Pawlak, Dennis Ward, Herman Furin & Enzo Almanzi)
09. One Shot

+ Video "Heart Attack (feat. Enzo Almanzi & Sisters Doll)" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: The Darren Phillips Project (AUS/GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Dec 2022, 08:10

The Darren Phillips Project - Acoustic Heart (EP) (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok
Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR , Accoustic
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 80 mb

Bio:

This project began just over a year ago whilst I was hosting my own melodic rock radio show here in Sydney Australia. I began interviewing band members and the conversation turned to our mutual love of songwriting. Most requested that I send some demos their way and the response, most times, was that we should work together on something, and so the Darren Phillips Project was born!Since the initial single Defying Gravity with members of degreed and White Widdow, I have since collaborated with Robbie LaBlanc, Dennis Ward, Herman Furin, Dennis Borg, Michael Palace, Erik Heikne, Jace Pawlak, Australian glam rock band Sisters Doll, Phil Lindstrand, Andreas Gullstrand and have had tracks mastered by Erik Martensson and Harry Hess. It has really been an amazing experience.The first collection or tracks will be released independently on the album titled Volume One on the 23rd September.

Album:

Sometimes, even the biggest, wildest rocker needs to wind down for a few hours. The amps are turned down, the bright lights are dimmed and Jack Daniels is replaced with a nice cup of tea! Ok… maybe not the last one. Even at rock gigs, it’s not uncommon for the leather bar stool to be wheeled out by a road-worn roadie, signalling a mid-set acoustic interlude. So, it’s not a new phenomenon for rock acts to perform acoustic versions of their tracks.So it shouldn’t really be a surprise that melodic rock musician Darren Phillips decided to unplug the guitars with his The DARREN PHILLIPS PROJECT by recording an acoustic EP of some brilliant tracks from the 1980s called ‘Acoustic Heart’.Covering great tracks by White Lion, Warrant, Poison, Bon Jovi and KISS, as usual, Phillips recruited a stellar cast of musicians to the project, with Rob Wylde (Midnite City) on vocals/acoustic guitar, Dennis Butabi Borg (Cruzh, East Temple Avenue) on bass and long-time collaborator and guitarist/synth-master Dan Skeed completing the line-up.Oh and we have more new The DARREN PHILLIPS PROJECT material, fully electrified.White Lion were always an underrated and underappreciated band… but not by Darren Phillips et al, who kick off the EP with ‘Tell Me’, from the band’s brilliant ‘Pride’ album from 1987.The song was the second single from the album and although it didn’t exactly top the charts, it became a fan favourite.The acoustic version stays true to the feel of the original, maintaining the harmonic vocals of the opening and the irresistible sing-along melody of the chorus. Rob Wylde’s vocals are as crisp and clear as Mike Tramp’s and at no time does he sound as if he’s overstretching. The absence of a Vito Bratta-style guitar solo doesn’t take anything away from this superb cover and gives you even more opportunity to sing along with the chorus! Mike Tramp once said that songs from ‘Pride’ were “timeless” and would “live on forever”. The Darren Phillips Project more than proved his point.Next up is one of the best power ballads of the era. A song so good that it had a central role in the ‘Rock of Ages’ musical and appears in almost every ‘Rock Power Ballads’ compilation you’ll ever find! Yup, you’ve guessed it… it’s Warrant’s 1989 classic ‘Heaven’ from their debut album ‘Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich’.They’re another band that arguably didn’t get the opportunity to reach their full potential but we are reminded of their legacy and quality in this faithful and beautifully arranged acoustic cover. Once again, Wylde’s vocals are faultless and there’s some subtle synth-strings in the background that add to the emotion of the song.A well worked acoustic guitar solo and the late key-change of the original bring the song to a close and you’re left wondering just why Warrant were looked down on by the more snobbish music critics back in the day. Wonderful stuff.Poison is another band from the 1980s that didn’t always get the respect they deserved in the music press. But this year, they’ve had the last laugh, with many reviews suggesting that they outplayed and outshone both Motley Crue and Def Leppard on their recent US Tour.The Darren Phillips Project provide another much-needed reminder of their quality with a cover of ‘Fallen Angel’ from their sophomore album, 1988’s ‘Open Up and Say… Ahh!’. The unmistakeable opening rift remains intact with Butabi Borg’s bass providing the drive and urgency. It’s a fun sounding song that defies the sad story of the lyrics and associated music video, with the dancing bassline helping to provide the feelgood factor.There’s a slight cheat moment with a searing electric guitar solo but in all honesty, an acoustic guitar couldn’t have done the much-maligned C.C. DeVille’s guitar solo justice. Rob Wylde sounds as if he is having so much fun with this track that I imagine he was pouting and preening his way through the song just like Bret Michaels! This truly is pure pop-rock heaven.Poor Jon Bon Jovi is getting a hard time for his live performances at the moment but at the end of the day, there’s no denying that at the peak of Bon Jovi’s powers, they were producing some of the best hard rock music ever heard.Their 4th album ‘New Jersey’ from 1988 featured some classic songs, including the next track, ‘Born to Be My Baby’. The opening of this acoustic offering is maybe slightly less frantic than the original, but the darker feel of the verse remains with Rob Wylde’s vocals somewhat throatier than before, complementing the music.The anthemic, feel-good chorus bursts to life and once again, Butabi Borg’s basslines dance in the background, driving the song along to the vocal harmonies. The guitar solo is again played on electric guitar but as well as paying homage to Richie Sambora, it also provides a great contrast to the acoustic guitars and works remarkably well. There’s a cohesive feel to the music and band dynamic and it’s hard to believe that this was recorded with band members in opposite hemispheres!‘Tomorrow’ by the legendary KISS really isn’t an obvious choice. It’s the oldest song on ‘Acoustic Heart’, having been released in 1980 as the third single from the ‘Unmasked’ album. I’m willing to be corrected on this but I don’t believe that KISS have ever performed this track live and it has disappeared off the radar over the years for all but the most ardent KISS fans. So perhaps it was time for someone to remind us of its melodic brilliance.The vocal harmonies throughout the cover are excellent with the acoustic guitars matching the intensity of the rhythm guitars in the original and a bluesy electric guitar solo that would make you think The Starchild himself was involved in this EP.It may arguably be a lesser known and long forgotten KISS song but the Darren Phillips Project gives it new life and by stripping it back to basics, reveal some great melodies and hooks within the song. If you weren’t aware of the original version of this song, I’ll bet that this acoustic version will have you Googling the video and lyrics in no time.The Darren Phillips Project has recorded new songs as well, fully electric melodic rock. One of these is ‘Fahrenheit’, co-written by Chrisse Olsson from Crazy Lixx. Chrisse plays all the guitars on this track with Sisters Doll members Brennan and Bryce performing vocals and drums respectively.Also co-written by Chrisse Olsson is the very melodic ‘Living in My Dreams’, while the ballad ‘Wonderful’ was written by The Darren Phillips Project collaborator Dan Skeed. These two tracks were intended for Darren’s other project / band East Temple Avenue but recorded by The Darren Phillips Project musicians.‘Acoustic Heart’ is, quite frankly, an acoustic EP with all the fun and energy of loud, fully plugged-in rock music! It’s 4 talented musicians sitting around a (virtual) campfire, having a beer and strumming their guitars to their favourite rock songs from the golden age of hair and glam metal.It’s a kind of tribute to a long gone but fondly remembered era. For me, the real magic lies in the choice of songs. It would have been easy to pick the well-known big hits from the era and whilst it’s true that the chosen tracks aren’t exactly obscure, they’re not the easy, obvious picks. The arrangements and musicianship on offer are outstanding and I’d recommend giving this EP a listen with the lights dimmed and a drink in hand.No matter how relaxed you are, I guarantee that you’ll still smile and tap your feet whilst remembering the good times… whether with a cup of tea or a Jack Daniels…

Line Up:

Darren Phillips – guitars, vocals
Rob Wylde (Midnite City) – vocals/acoustic guitar
Dennis Butabi Borg (Cruzh, East Temple Avenue) – bass
Dan Skeed – guitars
Chrisse Olsson (Crazy Lixx) – guitars

Tracklist:

01. Tell Me (White Lion Cover)
02. Heaven (Warrant Cover)
03. Fallen Angel (Poison Cover)
04. Born to Be My Baby (Bon Jovi Cover)
05. Tomorrow (KISS Cover)
06. Fahrenheit (Extra Bonus Track)
07. Living in My Dreams (Extra Bonus Track)
08. Wonderful (Extra Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných