Burnt Out Wreck (GBR)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Burnt Out Wreck (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 22 Nov 2022, 07:18

Burnt Out Wreck - Swallow (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

While operating as a band, BURNT OUT WRECK is the solo project from original drummer and a founder member of heavy rock legends Heavy Pettin, Gary Moat.The debut album from ex-Heavy Pettin's Gary Moat & Burnt Out Wreck is going to be released on February 10, 2017. "Swallow" is a huge slice of full on, punchy classic hard rock with guitar riffs galore! Released on TRHRC through Cherry Red Records, this album is every bit as good as you would expect from one of Scotland's original rock 'n' rollers, Gary Moat. ''Swallow" is co-produced by Gary Moat and Steve Rispin (Asia, Inglorious) at his Liscombe Park Studio and mastered by Pete Maher (U2, The Killers, Jack White, Rolling Stones). The band will be playing their first live show at the Giants Of Rock in Minehead in January 2017, alongside the likes of Steve Hackett, Ian Anderson, Iain Paice, Phil Campbell, Slade, Gun, Dare and many more.

Album:

It didn’t take long for me to realize Burnt Out Wreck is a band we all need to know about. I was contacted by someone connected to the band, who suggested I listen to “Swallow,” and ten seconds in I was hooked.Burnt Out Wreck performs speaker-rattling ’80s-style melodic hard rock/heavy metal rooted in the ’70s hard rock classics. Swallow would have been one of the ten best albums of 1987. And if you still dig that kind of music, this album has to be part of your collection. I guarantee it will quickly become an old favorite.The band itself has a bit of an ’80s pedigree. Frontman Gary Moat was the drummer for ’80s hard rock band Heavy Pettin’. The dude’s voice is ideal for this genre. And, of course, he surrounded himself with a tight band of talented instrumentalists – Adrian Dunn on guitar; Alex Carmichael on bass; Miles Goodman on guitar; and Paul Gray on drums.The music has an obvious AC/DC influence. Rough, raw, ragged, and rockin’. But the other group I’m most reminded of is Thunder, and that’s likely due to the blues-rockin’ tuneful swagger. Burnt Out Wreck lies somewhere in the middle, incorporating elements of other rock ‘n roll luminaries, all within the auspices of an identifiable Burnt Out Wreck sound.The opening riffs of “Burnt Out Wreck” quickly remind me of Ratt’s “Wanted Man.” “Swallow” actually stylistically reminds me most of a Legs Diamond song after a few listens, though AC/DC was my first thought. And “Pulling It Out” is lyrically akin to a Scorpions tune with its song-long repetition of a couple phrases.You’ll recognize the best of the eighties – and some nuances that have been perfected by these very same hard rock bands in the decades since, for those who have continued to follow them. In that vein, “Talk About Love,” for example would be a great ’80s hard rocker, catchy with crunchy guitar lines and big hooks. And the song that has developed into my personal favorite, eventually usurping “Swallow,” is “Medusa.” As with “Swallow,” it’s initially catchy – I was singing along by the end of my first listen – and it features a terrifically hooky guitar line. This could, in fact, be a Thunder song. (Give it a close listen.) And the thing about Thunder’s best songs is that they stay with you, digging their way into your brain, popping out sometimes days after the last time you heard them.If I were to direct you to three potential monster hits (at least if you were programming an ’80s rock radio station), I’d suggest the aforementioned “Medusa,” for those very reasons I detailed, “Swallow” because of its builds-to-power and well-placed guitar hooks, and “Pulling It Out,” a repetitively catchy, high-energy song to which you’ll find yourself singing along “She’s always pulling it out/I’m only sticking it in.” Yeah, ’80s hard rock, what they were referring to as metal at the time, though I’d’ve added a key word and called it melodic metal. These days, I usually refer to it as melodic classic hard rock.Really, though, those tunes are my favorites. You’ll probably have others. And I guarantee the shredding guitar riffs at the beginning of “She’s a Dirty Love” will hook a few of you; indeed, that’ll probably be a lot of guitarists’ favorite. The closest the album comes to a ballad – it isn’t, but it almost soars in spots, and if you had to slow dance to one song on Swallow, this is the only song that might almost work – is “Your Love (Is All I Need).” The sparser instrumentation allows the guitars to run a little and Gary’s vocals to stretch out a bit with an insistent edge to them.Wherever you turn within Swallow, the hypnotic heavy rhythm and catchy guitar lines are album staples. And I’ll reiterate: Buy this album! Play it a few times alongside your ’80s hard rock favorites and you’ll soon forget this album was released 30 years later. I’ve absolutely loved having this disc in my review queue while working on its review, and I guarantee several of these songs will find their way into regular rotation on my smartphone playlist. (Indeed, one came up on shuffle just a couple days ago.The “tour” page on the band’s website mentions a few upcoming gigs. On Friday, September 15th, Burnt Out Wreck will be supporting former AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd at The Underworld, Camden (London). The band has a Monday, October 9th gig at The Stables in Milton Keynes; a Tuesday, November 14th gig at The Robin 2 Venue, Mount Pleasant, Bilston; and a Thursday, November 30th show at The Ferry, Glasgow. They also list an appearance at Hard Rock Hell Camp in North Wales, November 9th-12th. Obviously, as always, check the band’s website for new shows as they’re added and check venue websites to confirm details.

Line Up:

Gary Moat - vocals , guitar (Ex-Heavy Pettin)
Adrian Dunn guitar
Miles Goodman - guitar
Alex Carmichael - bass
Paul Gray - drums

Tracklist:

01. Burnt Out Wreck
02. Swallow
03. She’s The One
04. Pulling It Out
05. Talk About Love
06. Medusa
07. Flames
08. She’s A Dirty Love
09. Your Love (Is All I Need)
10. Rocking Man
11. Best Of Your Life

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Burnt Out Wreck (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 22 Nov 2022, 07:18

Burnt Out Wreck - This Is Hell (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Size : 109 mb

Bio:

While operating as a band, BURNT OUT WRECK is the solo project from original drummer and a founder member of heavy rock legends Heavy Pettin, Gary Moat.The debut album from ex-Heavy Pettin's Gary Moat & Burnt Out Wreck is going to be released on February 10, 2017. "Swallow" is a huge slice of full on, punchy classic hard rock with guitar riffs galore! Released on TRHRC through Cherry Red Records, this album is every bit as good as you would expect from one of Scotland's original rock 'n' rollers, Gary Moat. ''Swallow" is co-produced by Gary Moat and Steve Rispin (Asia, Inglorious) at his Liscombe Park Studio and mastered by Pete Maher (U2, The Killers, Jack White, Rolling Stones). The band will be playing their first live show at the Giants Of Rock in Minehead in January 2017, alongside the likes of Steve Hackett, Ian Anderson, Iain Paice, Phil Campbell, Slade, Gun, Dare and many more.

Album:

“This Is Hell” is the new album by BURNT OUT WRECK, the band founded by multi-faceted Gary Moat who previously played drums and was the main songwriter for Scottish cult hard rockers Heavy Pettin’ through the Eighties.When Heavy Pettin’ folded in ’91, Moat moved up front to play rhythm guitar and sing lead vocals with Mother’s Ruin for the best part of the next quarter of a century. Then in 2014 he shut down that band to concentrate on songwriting but the man needed to express himself performing, and Burnt Out Wreck born.As you would expect, “This Is Hell” is pure classic hard rock with a strong ’80s feeling, riff-driven songs with a lot of swagger.Gary Moat is a massive Bon Scott fan in the vocal style, and many would make reference to AC-DC on the music offered here, but to me Burnt Out Wreck are a whole different ball game. Sure, it’s guitar / riff driven hard rock with a bluesy foundation, but that’s the genre’s core.“This Is Hell” packs just the right mix of aggression, tongue in cheek naughtiness and tonnes of good old fashioned rock and roll impossible to not like.Opener ‘Dead Or Alive‘ and is a huge, riff riddled, classic good time rock ‘n’ roll tune that’s guaranteed to get you shaking off the dust and head banging in serious fashion. A cracking track and an absolutely blitzing way for Burnt Out Wreck to start the LP.One of my favorites is “Paddywhack” – a definite case of nudge-nudge, wink-wink going on with the lyrical content that put a smile on your face. Top song with hints of a Status Quo shuffle in some of the guitar style.‘Headfuck’ is all about a woman making a guy’s life difficult and Moat catches that frustration perfectly as he screams down the microphone and Adrian Dunn matches it with the growl of the lead guitar and the pace doesn’t let up as they then dive head first into ‘Guitars Electrified’ which continues in the same vein, beating you around the head with the sound of a band in a hurry – they want you to get to the end of the album so they can start on you from the beginning once again.Title track ‘This Is Hell’ is heavier with loud grinding guitars, solid drums and Moat’s voice which screams at you from the speakers. I’ve heard so many bands with a great sound only for the lead singer to come in and destroy my hopes, but with Moat up front and central, I want to hear more of the same.Almost without missing a beat we move into the home straight with ‘Rock Hard Sticky Sweet’ which is another chunk of hard rock that has you shaking your head before ‘Just A Dog’ comes with its bluesy undertones.We arrive to closing track ‘Snow Falls Down’ and Burnt Out Wreck keep it rockin’ right until the final bars, by which point you could be forgiven for feeling a little punch drunk, as this album is relentless.Make no mistake, there have been a lot of good releases this year in this musical vein, but speaking of old-fashioned classic rock / hard rock ‘This Is Hell’ is up with the very best of them.The album has that ‘vintage feel’ all over, recorded in 11 days start to finish and with Moat taking the producer’s credit as well, and clearly you get the feeling he knew exactly what he wanted and absolutely nailed it.A good album? It’s an absolute belter and worthy of a place in every fan of quality classic hard rock’s collection.

Line Up:

Adrian Dunn guitar
Miles Goodman - guitar
Alex Carmichael - bass
Paul Gray - drums

Tracklist:

01. Dead Or Alive
02. Positive
03. Paddywack
04. Headfuck
05. Guitars Electrified
06. This Is Hell
07. Rock Hard Sticky Sweet
08. Just A Dog
09. Snow Falls Down

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Burnt Out Wreck (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 22 Nov 2022, 07:19

Burnt Out Wreck - Stand And Fight (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Size : 141 mb

Bio:

The debut album from ex-Heavy Pettin's Gary Moat & Burnt Out Wreck is going to be released on February 10, 2017. "Swallow" is a huge slice of full on, punchy classic hard rock with guitar riffs galore! Released on TRHRC through Cherry Red Records, this album is every bit as good as you would expect from one of Scotland's original rock 'n' rollers, Gary Moat. ''Swallow" is co-produced by Gary Moat and Steve Rispin (Asia, Inglorious) at his Liscombe Park Studio and mastered by Pete Maher (U2, The Killers, Jack White, Rolling Stones). The band will be playing their first live show at the Giants Of Rock in Minehead in January 2017, alongside the likes of Steve Hackett, Ian Anderson, Iain Paice, Phil Campbell, Slade, Gun, Dare and many more.

Album:

While operating as a band, BURNT OUT WRECK is the solo project from original drummer and a founder member of heavy rock legends Heavy Pettin, Gary Moat. “Stand and Fight” is the title of his / their third album, a rocking platter which serves material for Burnt Out Wreck upcoming tour and playing at festivals throughout 2022 and 2023.Demonstrating the breadth of Gary’s writing skills with his diverse range of songs, “Stand and Fight” was produced by Steve Rispin, best known for his work with Asia and Yes.For Burnt Out Wreck, Moat has traded the back in the day drum stool for the microphone and the opportunity to front his own, unpretentious old school, classic guitar-driven hard rock outfit. While compared frequently to Bon Scott and Marc Storace, which he takes as the highest voiced compliment, Gary has his own particular vocal style which suits the high energy, rock and roll swagger and anthemic nature of the Burnt Out Wreck songs.Burnt Out Wreck performs speaker-rattling ’80s-style melodic hard rock / metal rooted in the ’70s hard rock classics. And if you still dig that kind of music, this album has to be part of your collection.The music has an obvious AC/DC influence. Rough, raw, ragged, and rockin’. But the other group I’m most reminded of is Thunder, and that’s likely due to the blues-rockin’ tuneful swagger. Burnt Out Wreck lies somewhere in the middle, incorporating elements of other rock ‘n roll luminaries, all within the auspices of an identifiable Burnt Out Wreck sound.“Stand and Fight” rocks. Play it a few times alongside your ’80s hard rock favorites and you’ll soon forget this album was released 30 years later. A record that could easily stand up against its 1980s forbearers as any recent release.It is a great feel-good record, pitched exactly at the place where hard rock belongs to be, a place that is equally as comfortable rocking out, a celebration of life, a life-affirming record. If this album was a beer it would be a session ale. Easily drinkable and can be consumed in large quantities, an album which facilitates conversation rather than dominating it, an album that allows you to party into the night.

Line Up:

Richard Upson - guitar
Alex Carmichael - bass
Paul Gray - drums

Tracklist:

01. Big Up Yourself
02. Stand and Fight
03. Lion
04. Ain’t Done Nothing Wrong
05. More Than Anything
06. Pain and Suffering
07. Turpentine
08. Blood Sweat and Tears
09. Wake Up
10. Take It or Leave It
11. I’m a Loser Too

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 10 neregistrovaných