Magick Touch (NOR)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Magick Touch (NOR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Feb 2021, 11:37

Magick Touch - Blades Chains Whips & Fire (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Video
Size : 136 mb

Bio:

Magick Touch are a power trio with the emphasis on power from the southwestern coastal town of Bergen, Norway.The band: HK Rein on guitar/vocals, Bård Nordvik/drums, and Christer Ottesen on bass/vocals.“Taking their cues from the greats of the late ’70s/early ’80s, Magick Touch blend Whitesnake, Deep Purple, G ‘N’ R, Lizzy, Zeppelin and even a touch of KISS to deliver us a finely-honed banquet of good old classic rock. From the very first few bars of ‘Love Rocket’, the energy and enjoyment that these three guys have put into the record is palpable. That they can a) write some great tunes and b) play their socks off just completes the package”

Album:

As we’re amongst friends here, MV will make a confession. We took one look at the cover for this record and didn’t expect to be reviewing it. The band name, the illustration, the title, we’ll be totally honest, it just seemed like A.N other power metal band.One day we’ll learn.The band bio helped. A trio. Great, always fun. Then there were the influences. Gorham and Robertson. Ok, now we’re interested.Whoever knows what they put in the water in Scandinavia can they come and do it here too, please? Because Magick Touch are another of those bands from that part of the world (these particular reprobates hale from Bergen in Norway) that just rule from the off.“Under The Gun” has got the feel of Backyard Babies playing classic rock – but so much more. As well as being as excitable as a four-year-old on Christmas morning, it has a tremendous ear for a melody and gift for a groove.The thing is, they’re only just getting started. The brilliant “The Great Escape” knows its way around Thin Lizzy’s latter period, but with its driving lead guitar it does things on its own terms (and we can pay this no higher compliment than to say it wouldn’t be out of place on a Black Star Riders album).But the …urmm…touch of magic here is that they can’t be pinned down. “Midnite Sadusa” is a real dollop of sleaze and its hook line “I can’t get arrested, and I am holding a knife in my hand” is somewhere beyond catchy. “Believe In Magick” has a bit of Bowie’s glam stomp and a massive chorus to boot, while “Polonium Blues” is slower, more methodical perhaps, and would most probably get called Stoner Rock if it emerged from the LA Desert rather than the Norwegian coast – but more importantly comes with a wonderful lead guitar break from HK Rein at the end.As the thing rocks and rolls along, the great stuff just keeps on coming. “Siren Song” ushers itself in with a dirty, bluesy swagger and it really wouldn’t be going too far to call “Lost With All Hands” a hard rock masterclass. Even better, certainly for those that grew up with the Sunset Strip in our hearts, is “After The Fire” and its soaring harmonies.A band that clearly knows its rock n roll history too, “Electrick Sorcery” merrily namechecks most of the bands Magick Touch pilfer from, from Kiss, to Sabbath, to Priest, they are all here and they should be too.The title track finishes things. At almost six and a half minutes it is the longest thing here, perhaps the most epic in feel too. With echoes of that other wonderful Scandinavian rock bands more recent work,as it ends in an absolute maelstrom, it proves that the Final Countdown on rock n roll is far from beginning. Certainly as long as bands like Magick Touch are around to Rock The Night anyway.Tortured Europe analogies aside, “Blades, Chains, Whips And Fire” is one of those albums that thinks that jut because you might not end in arenas playing your music, that is no reason not to dream.

Line Up:

HK Rein (Vocals & Guitars)
Christer Ottesen (Bass)
Bård Nordvik (Drums)

Tracklist:

01. Under The Gun
02. The Great Escape
03. Midnite Sadusa
04. Believe In Magick
05. Polonium Blues
06. Siren Song
07. Lost With All Hands
08. After The Fire
09. Electrick Sorcery
10. Blades, Chains, Whips & Fire

+ Video "The Great Escape" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Magick Touch (NOR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Feb 2021, 11:38

Magick Touch - Heads Have Got To Rock'n'Roll (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Magick Touch are a power trio with the emphasis on power from the southwestern coastal town of Bergen, Norway.The band: HK Rein on guitar/vocals, Bård Nordvik/drums, and Christer Ottesen on bass/vocals.“Taking their cues from the greats of the late ’70s/early ’80s, Magick Touch blend Whitesnake, Deep Purple, G ‘N’ R, Lizzy, Zeppelin and even a touch of KISS to deliver us a finely-honed banquet of good old classic rock. From the very first few bars of ‘Love Rocket’, the energy and enjoyment that these three guys have put into the record is palpable. That they can a) write some great tunes and b) play their socks off just completes the package”

Album:

Fjord-land power trio MAGICK TOUCH (2014) call the coastal shores of Bryggen(Bergen), Norway their firebase of Rock’n’Roll. They launched their first record in 2015 and now for 2020 have issued the fetchingly titled “Heads Have Got to Rock’n’Roll”. Check out the artwork, these guys mean business. At first listen, I didn’t catch that both HK Rein and Christer Ottesen share lead throat duties, splitting vocal leads between certain songs. A quick message with the lads and I am all buttoned up on who done wot. For those that are counting, the lead vocals are split with Christer wailing on five songs and HK barking out the other five.‘(This Isn't) Your First Rodeo’ comes outta the chute bucking hard with a MOTÖRHEAD guitar riff that stands the catechism of repetition and a layer of melody and spunked up grooves featuring Christer Ottesen on lead vox and a nifty progressive middle 12 measures before the final chorus and outro. ‘Watchman’s Requiem’ sung by HK Rein sounding a bit like Michael Sweet goes to chunka-chunka island then lodges squarely in the hair-metal tree of grooves, and I mean that in a good way – the songs are fully gelled pieces that serve up well-done roasted rock’n’roll guitar licks with sing along verses and and a sweet chorus.‘To the Limit’ is a serviceable ditty of familiar rock again featuring main vocals by HK Rein … I can’t stop singing while I’m crying … ‘Love Is A Heart Disease’ song-checks a WASP song at the 3 minute mark … LO…VE… Righteous. This is one of my favourite songs on “Heads Have Got to Roll” by virtue of the solid 6 string chops display by HK Rein whose sparking guitar fireworks remind me of George Lynch – the cat is one badass axe slinger and a joy to listen to. He doesn’t over-play on the songs and shows melody and technique where it matters.Boy you gotta hold me tight … I can almost guaranty you a bad reputation overnight… Lads, I see we been dating the same type of women … ‘Bad Decisions’ is a well cuffed, squared away rock tune with some lovely dual THIN LIZZY inspired guitar lines – in fact the song could have been a THIN LIZZY song. Christer vocally summons his inner Phil Lynott while on the other tunes he reminds me a bit of early-era Don Dokken around the edges.‘Waiting for the Parasites’ is a somewhat offbeat stomper, somewhere between KISS downer ‘Cold Gin’ and a bug-metal meandering over cootie mountain, with lead vocals by HK who affects a Gene Simmons horn-dog growl. By the way, I have met the amoebae; they delivered me a pain in the side and are no friend of mine, word … Uh huh … oh yea … alright … Christer Ottesen sings ‘Doomsday, I'm In Love’ and the lads sound positively cheery as they sing about the impending permanent cessation of all vital bodily activities. Special Mention to Bård Heavy Nordvik for being the lighthouse beat-master. He lets the lads run hard and deep while keeping them off the rocks in this Nordic storm of Rock music with his syncopated percussion signals.MAGICK TOUCH ably walk the line between DOKKEN-DEF LEPPARD vocal and song arrangements and THIN LIZZY guitar parts … the good parts for sure. The lads got the formula down – hot and slick and just enough sweet that the girls can lick it up and the guys can stay for drinks as well. I previously looked at this music as the realm of Los Angeles Hard Rock Dandys playing up the fashion factor while delivering a few banger hits among mostly subpar songs. The lads over Europe way do it with their own style and exception and hæren fløtte meg! MAGICK TOUCH throw down 10 very good rock songs on “Heads Have Got to Rock’n’Roll”. Jolly good show lads ¡!

Line Up:

Bård Heavy Nordvik - Drums, Vocals
HK Rein - Guitar, Vocals
Christer Ottesen - Bass, Vocals

Tracklist:

01. (This Isn't) Your First Rodeo (03:54)
02. Watchman's Requiem (03:56)
03. To the Limit (04:25)
04. Love Is a Heart Disease (03:58)
05. Ready for the Quake (04:56)
06. Bad Decisions (03:30)
07. Phantom Friend (05:12)
08. Waiting for the Parasites (03:58)
09. Daggers Dance (03:26)
10. Doomsday I'm in Love (05:58)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Feb 2021, 11:38

Magick Touch - Live And Contagious (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Audio : 320 kbps + front

Bio:

Album:

Recorded live at USF in Bergen, Norway on October 2nd 2020, Bonus track "To The Limit", recorded in Weinheim, Germany on November 17th 2019.A six song video from the show is available on YouTube from February 22nd 2021.The sacred heritage left by Priest, Saxon, and Rainbow is safeguarded as well as revitalized with MAGICK TOUCH's latest and greatest album yet. If you still haven't jumped on their bandwagon, then get out of the way, because Heads Have Got to Rock'n'Roll! Recorded live at USF in Bergen, Norway on October 2nd 2020,Bonus track "To The Limit", recorded in Weinheim, Germany onNovember 17th 2019.

Line Up:

Bård Heavy Nordvik - Drums, Vocals
HK Rein - Guitar, Vocals
Christer Ottesen - Bass, Vocals

production:

Audio recording and production by HK Rein
FOH at USF: David Aasheim
Cover image: Nils J Nesse
Cover design: Christian Misje/ECP

Tracklist:

01. Lost With All Hands/Under The Gun 07:43
02. Waiting For The Parasites 04:22
03. Watchman's Requiem 04:00
04. Underwater Prison 04:18
05. Love Rocket 04:31
06. (This Isn't) Your First Rodeo 03:55
07. To The Limit (bonus track) 05:21

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Máj 2023, 08:31

Magick Touch - Cakes & Coffins (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 92 mb

Bio:

Album:

MAGICK TOUCH was not love at first listen.Time and again I "fell for" their fantastic live shows and bought an album. Only to find out at home, disappointed, that somehow they don't get these qualities preserved.It was only with their third album "Heads Have Got To Rock N Roll" that they were able to convince me on disc. That's why I was very curious what to expect on their fourth album "Cakes & Coffins". And luckily the curse of the 3rd album came true. MAGICK TOUCH have continuously developed and with "Cakes & Coffins" have created a mature work. With a lot of joy in playing, they indulge in the great idols like THIN LIZZY or BLUE ÖYSTER CULT without copying them cheaply.The production is clear and powerful and transports the sound of the late 70s into the 21st century. In contrast to the predecessor, no hit like "To The Limit" stands out here, but "Cakes & Coffins" has no filler either. The album is made for vinyl, to simply celebrate it completely in one piece. With their fourth album, MAGICK TOUCH prove that they belong on the big stages!Produced by the band along with Spidergawd's Per Borten at Sørgården Studio, Cakes & Coffins bristles with a unique energy: while "dark" for MAGICK TOUCH, there's nevertheless an invigorating / inspiring aspect to the album that keeps it from being a total slit-your-wrists fest. Such is the eternal power & glory of HEAVY METAL. "When the world stopped spinning and went into pandemic panic, it became even clearer that our splendor of living might not endure," expounds drummer Bård Nordvik. "A bleaker worldview, however, did produce some bright and shimmering hard rock moments that hopefully can inspire to make a better future and even better heavy metal live shows."Truly! With suitably spooky album artwork by Andreas Pilskog - not to mention mixing by Håvard Soknes in Studio 841 and mastering by Iver Sandøy at Solslottet Studio - Cakes & Coffins is the complete package: MAGICK TOUCH with a new (out)look and a slightly new(er) sound, deadlier than ever. Delivering the goods...and darkly!

Line Up:

Hans Kristian Steen Rein - guitars/vocals
Christer Ottesen - bass/vocals/keys
Bård Nordvik - drums/vocals

Production:

Produced by Magick Touch & Per Borten
Engineered & recorded by Per Borten at Sørgården Studio
Mixed by Håvard Soknes in Studio 841
Mastered by Iver Sandøy at Solslottet Studio
All songs written & performed by Magick Touch
Cover by Andreas Pilskog/Overhaus
Layout by Christian Misje/Stian Smørholm/ECP

Tracklist:

01. Apollyon (3:30)
02. The Judas Cross (4:03)
03. When Eating A Wolf (4:25)
04. M.I.N.A (3:38)
05. Babylon, Baby! (4:08)
06. Guillotine Dreams (3:00)
07. Boots (5:20)
08. Raven (4:22)
09. Demons & Rust (3:56)
10. World Is Coming Down (3:06)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 25 neregistrovaných