Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Skiltron (ARGENTINA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Jún 2020, 12:12

Skiltron - Into The Battleground (Limited Edition Slip-case) (2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Folk Metal , Celtic , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 165 mb

Bio:

The roots of this band date back to the year 1997, when Emilio and Matias formed a 4 member band named Century. This project became of lesser importance when both joined Feanor, and was finally postponed in 2001 when the two musicians became full members of this band. The year 2004 saw the re-awakening and continuation of the project and furthermore a name change from Century to Skiltron.The band's name is derived from the term schiltron (also sheltron, shiltron or schiltrom), which refers to a formation of soldiers carrying pikes and polearms held in front of them to fight off approaching cavalry. In the First War of Scottish Independence, the Battle Bannockburn was won by the Scots using an offensive variation of this military formation. This modified tactic was a response to the crushing defeat that resulted from the schiltron's traditional defensive use in the Battle of Falkirk sixteen years earlier.Bagpipe player Pablo Allen also took over woodwind duties when Diego Spinelli left Skiltron.Four members of the band departed in 2011 and started a project in a similar style called Triddana.Skiltron played their first ever European show on August 25th 2012 when Emilio Souto and Matias Pena performed a short set with Martin Walkyier and members of Achren at the Wallace Day celebration in Elderslie, Scotland.Skiltron have made their first two albums available for free download through Don't Pay Music.Keeping with the band's affiliation for Scottish history, they contributed the song "The Ballad of William Kidd" to the Running Wild tribute: "Reunation - A Tribute to Running Wild".

Line Up:

Matias Pena - Drums (2004-present) - See also: Feanor, Montreal
Emilio Souto - Guitars, Mandolin, Bouzouki (2004-present) - See also: ex-Feanor, ex-Folkearth, ex-Tengwar
Ignacio Lopez - Bass (2011-present) - See also: 5th Element, Hipnos, Minuetum, For Everness (live), ex-Lord Kraven, ex-Tersivel

Tracklist:

01. Brosnachadh 01:04
02. Lion Rampant 04:26
03. The Swordmaker 03:26
04. On the Trail of David Ross 05:46
05. Besieged by Fire 03:31
06. The Brave's Revenge 05:01
07. Merrsadh Air 03:06
08. The Rabbit Who Wanted to Be a Wolf 05:21
09. Loyal We Will Stand 05:11
10. Prestonpans 1745 08:12
11. Esbat 01:54

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Skiltron (ARG)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Jún 2020, 12:13

Skiltron - Legacy Of Blood (Digipak Edition) (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Size : 165 mb

Bio:

The roots of this band date back to the year 1997, when Emilio and Matias formed a 4 member band named Century. This project became of lesser importance when both joined Feanor, and was finally postponed in 2001 when the two musicians became full members of this band. The year 2004 saw the re-awakening and continuation of the project and furthermore a name change from Century to Skiltron.The band's name is derived from the term schiltron (also sheltron, shiltron or schiltrom), which refers to a formation of soldiers carrying pikes and polearms held in front of them to fight off approaching cavalry. In the First War of Scottish Independence, the Battle Bannockburn was won by the Scots using an offensive variation of this military formation. This modified tactic was a response to the crushing defeat that resulted from the schiltron's traditional defensive use in the Battle of Falkirk sixteen years earlier.Bagpipe player Pablo Allen also took over woodwind duties when Diego Spinelli left Skiltron.Four members of the band departed in 2011 and started a project in a similar style called Triddana.Skiltron played their first ever European show on August 25th 2012 when Emilio Souto and Matias Pena performed a short set with Martin Walkyier and members of Achren at the Wallace Day celebration in Elderslie, Scotland.Skiltron have made their first two albums available for free download through Don't Pay Music.Keeping with the band's affiliation for Scottish history, they contributed the song "The Ballad of William Kidd" to the Running Wild tribute: "Reunation - A Tribute to Running Wild".

Album:

The fifth album by Argentine metal band Skiltron sees them plant their flag firmly in Scottish soil. They clearly hold Scotland dear to their hearts as they adeptly plait together classic metal with nods to thrash and doom with plenty of bagpipes added to the mix. “Highland Blood” opens things up in rip-roaring fashion. Bagpipes are skilfully added to the pounding thrash metal drums that emphasis their warrior spirit. Thematically the album follows the medieval lines of uniting clans to fight, presumably, the English. These are impassioned songs of courage and patriotism with odes to brave warriors wielding their mighty swords.That fervent spirit is maintained throughout the album. “Committed To The Call” opens with swelling synths and a steady bass line before a classic metal riff and bagpipes take over. The song clearly takes its cues from British metal greats Iron Maiden and Judas Priest at their most epic. “Sailing Under False Flags” is a rollicking pirate drinking anthem perfect for those joyous days of looting and plunder. You can almost taste the mead and salty sea air. “The Taste of Victory” possesses a memorable, galloping sing-a-long chorus akin to Saxon at their most exhilarating. “Sawney Bean Clan” is one example where the band shows off their more folk metal side. It contains a particularly bouncy distorted riff that gives it a rousing quality. “All Men Die” exhibits plenty of metal fury. It is by far the fastest song on the album in a Judas Priest-do-thrash way. It is a welcome rush of adrenaline after the number of mid-paced songs that make up the second half of the album. Album closer “I’m Coming Home” is a patriotic sing-a-long epic that will make you want to don a kilt and strap on a sporran.Calling this album a folk metal album is something of a misnomer. This is straight up heavy metal served with a Scottish twist. The use of bagpipes is handled with restraint and adds something interesting to the songs. The main criticism would be that there are one or two too many mid-paced songs. The second half of the album gets bogged down with patriotic calls to arms over often ponderous would-be-epics. When the band ups the intensity they really are something to behold. On the whole it is an accessible entry point to the band and the whole Celtic metal movement. That said there is still plenty to enjoy for all lovers of heavy and thrash metal.

Line Up:

Martin McManus - Vocals (2015-present) - See also: Chaos Asylum, Judas Beast
Matías Pena - Drums (2004-present) - See also: Feanor, Montreal
Emilio Souto - Guitars, Mandolin, Bouzouki (2004-present) - See also: ex-Feanor, ex-Folkearth, ex-Tengwar
Ignacio López - Bass (2011-present) - See also: 5th Element, Hipnos, Ignition, Minuetum, For Everness (live), ex-Hyedrah, ex-Lord Kraven, ex-Tersivel, ex-Seliger
Pereg Ar Bagol - Bagpipes, Tin whistle (2014-present) - See also: Boisson Divine (live)

Tracklist:

01. Highland Blood 04:04
02. Hate of My Life 04:27
03. Committed to the Call 04:33
04. Sailing Under False Flags 05:14
05. The Taste of Victory 05:26
06. Rise from Any Grave 03:43
07. Sawney Bean Clan 06:29
08. All Men Die 04:08
09. I'm Coming Home 04:46 (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Skiltron (ARGENTINA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Feb 2024, 11:39

Skiltron - Bruadarach (Digipak Edition) (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Size : 105 mb

Bio:

Album:

There’s no need to start with the band’s lore: the name Skiltron has rightly been amongst the greatest names in the field of folk metal, for the good and relevant contribution the members have been giving to the genre since their very first steps, managing to become a great influence to upcoming bands throughout their 25 years of life. With this in mind, we celebrate their 6th album “Bruadarach” after seven years of waiting!Released via Trollzorn Records, the band delivers us their typical combination of heavy metal, power metal and vigorous folk bagpipes, with Celtic pride. Now, this time the various components are spread through the various songs according to the feeling recalled, although most of the tracks are anthems of independence and battle: all fine for them, so let’s get slightly deeper. There’s the very first song “As We Fight” – raging fast with fierce mood, as usual for power metallers. Next track “This battle is my own” turns out slower than the previous and features very classical metal parts such as a calm guitar solo and verses without electric guitar just with an atmospheric sound of keyboard in the background and, of course, the deep vocals; I’ll also add that’s been my favorite track of the whole album. Right into a new track “Where the Heart Is” and we get flooded again with fast bagpipes and guitar solos. If that was not for the more folky parts I’d close my eyes and think to be listening to an heavy metal album from thirty years ago, just to let you understand. I think they’ve done a good job of alternating slow and fast tempos throughout the whole album.Another song “Proud to Defend” follows and again, if I close my eyes I’d pretend to be listening to a march from the depths of the Celtic roots into some Irish national ceremony – all filled with the usual dose of heavy metal and so on. A filler instrumental between the two halves of the album plays right before starting with “I Am What I Am” which immediately recalls the 3rd track This Battle is my Own for themes and rhythm; what’s interesting here is the 3/4 Tin-Whistle solo bridge near the end of the song. 8th song A Treasure Beyond Imagination walks on the same path as the previous one (both with a slower tempo than average) and leaves more space to flute and bouzouki.Soon after 8th track “Rob Roy” starts with almost the same structure as As We Fight and this could sound repetitive at the beginning especially while listening to the whole album straight, but the band has the right supply of ideas to deliver through the songs and make them different from each other even when they are based on the same key. For instance this time is the turn of a speed solo and a swingy chorus “Rob, Rob…”, while on Haste Ye Back we finally got a full 3/4 tempo-ed track… time to march again in Celtic fields.These are the moods you’ll find in the new Skiltron album; great listeners of folk metal probably already know the kind of music to find here although I’d say that drums have certainly been improved this time. I mean they were still there on their earlier trials but this time they got heavier and heavier and contribute directly to the songs’ strength. Listen to Bruadarach with headphones or on a stereo and you’ll get what I mean.That’s all folks! A final personal note: Celtic is not my first go-to when it comes to folk metal, but I’m sure others will enjoy this just like me, as this is certainly another win for Skiltron.

Line Up:

Paolo Ribaldini - Vocals (2022-present) - See also: Leverage, Seraphiel, ex-Odyssey, ex-Paolo & Jouni, ex-Sacred Heart
Emilio Souto - Guitars, Mandolin, Bouzouki (2004-present) - See also: ex-Feanor, ex-Tengwar, ex-Folkearth
Ignacio López - Bass (2011-present) - See also: Hipnos, Ignition, For Everness (live), ex-Seliger, ex-5th Element, ex-Minuetum, ex-Crytical, ex-Hyedrah, ex-Tersivel, ex-Lord Kraven
Pereg Ar Bagol - Bagpipes, Tin whistle (2014-present) - See also: Boisson Divine
Joonas Nislin - Drums (2020-present) - See also: Frosttide

Tracklist:

01. Triumph and Devotion 02:20 instrumental
02. As We Fight 04:42
03. This Battle is My Own 04:54
04. Where the Heart Is 03:59
05. Proud to Defend 06:26
06. Turadh 02:09 instrumental
07. I Am What I Am 04:12
08. A Treasure Beyond Imagination 04:40
09. Rob Roy 05:00
10. Haste Ye Back 04:07
11. Saor Alba 01:25 instrumental

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "VIKING, PAGAN, CELTIC, FOLK, PIRATE Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných