Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 109 mb

Bio:

Sam Millar is a musician, writer and producer from Greater Manchester, England. For a few years Sam was the guitarist and main songwriter in British rock band Bigfoot. Bigfoot released 2 EP’s and then went on to release their self titled album in 2017 under Frontiers Records which charted as a top 40 albums in the UK on its release. Despite multiple successful tours and releases with Bigfoot the band came to end and did a farewell tour in 2019.Since Bigfoot Sam has released his first solo effort ‘Holy Sass’ with a follow up coming in June 2020 followed by some supporting live dates whilst planning future projects.Sam is available for collaborations, studio & live performances, session work, guitar lessons, production and mixing services.

Album:

Back in 2017 and after two EPs, the much vaunted British Classic Rockers Bigfoot released their self-titled debut album but, just a little over a year later, and with far less fanfare, the band quietly disappeared. Now guitarist and main songwriter SAM MILLAR has a solo career and delivered a very enjoyable album three years ago.With a new band and ready to hit the road, SAM MILLAR is releasing a new album today titled “More Cheese Please“. There’s a lot of humour within the title, as the music Millar play these days was considered cheesy back in the day by some rancid journalists:“More Cheese Please” is all about feel-good ’80s influenced melodic hard rock with an AORish radio friendly approach. Since first track “The “Killing Floor” – a melodic rock&pop gem that wouldn’t be out of place on any Midnite City album – this CD is simply delicious.Next “Fooling Yourself” starts off with an ’80s new wave keyboard feel before breaking into another jaunty, chorus driven, midtempo enjoyable track.“Something I’ll Regret” is ever so slightly tinged with funk whilst retaining the feel of being a perfect soundtrack inclusion to any ’80s John Hughes movie which, of course is no bad thing, and the lengthy “When The Summer Ends” comes across as a light, summertime tune.“Chardonnay” is pure power-pop and “Showbiz” is an era-defying nugget that could easily have been recorded by Tim Karr or even Brett Smiley, while “Forget You” owes more than a passing nod to Kenny Loggins’ “Footloose” before becoming a joyous glammy stomp.“Dancing On My Own” is another toe-tapper that for some reason made me think of Richard Marx in all his mid-’80s pomp, and consequently plastered a grin on this otherwise miserable face!“Déjà Vu” is an atmospheric slice of semi-balladry with yet another memorable chorus, and “Neanderthal Man” throws every MOR trick in the book, including pitch perfect harmonies and a cool but unobtrusive guitar solo into the mix and it all comes together very successfully too; before the smooth album closer “Meet Me Halfway” supplies further delicate harmonizing and another effective solo.“More Cheese Please” packs the music style Sam Millar loves, all produced by himself as well as handling all the perfectly suited guitar and vocals. The touring band members also contributed musically with particular kudos going to the rhythm section, backing vocals and harmonies.This is a lovely collection of radio-ready, infectious melodic rock&pop joy that will have you yearning for more innocent times while you roll up the sleeves of your jacket and keep the party going by playing it all over again.

Line-Up:

Sam Millar - vocals , guitar (ex-BIGFOOT)
Lucy Shevchuck – guitar, backing vocals
James Thorley – keyboards
Benji Faith – bass
Alex Lacy – drums, backing vocal

Tracklist:

01. The Killing Floor (4:07)
02. Fooling Yourself (4:56)
03. Something I'll Regret (3:29)
04. When The Summer Ends (4:51)
05. Chardonnay (3:57)
06. Showbiz (3:15)
07. Forget You (3:25)
08. Dancing On My Own (4:54)
09. Déjà Vu (3:11)
10. Neanderthal Man (4:28)
11. Meet Me Halfway (5:04)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2023 / NEWS 2023"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 17 neregistrovaných