Tröjan - Chasing The Storm (1985) (2CD) (Cult Metal Classics Edition 2022)

hudební novinky 2022 / music news 2022
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Okt 2023, 06:02

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Cult Metal Classics Edition 2022)
Style : Heavy Metal , Speed Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 209 mb

Bio:

Tröjan was an English speed and new wave of British heavy metal band from Wigan, formed in 1982 and disbanded in 1988.The band was formed in March 1982 around guitarist Pete Wadeson. A first demo was released that same year, featuring early versions of the songs Dealer and Renegades. The demo was included with Kerrang, which helped it sell over 3,000 copies by mid-1983.The band was then featured on the Ebony Records sampler Metal Maniaxe in September 1982 with the song Premonition. In 1983, Wadeson dismissed all members of the original line-up to make a fresh start, resulting in the non-release of a self-financed EP that had already been recorded. The band then consisted of singer Graeme Wyatt, bassist Eddy Martin and drummer Sam Hall in addition to Wadeson. A demo recorded in April 1984 brought the group to the attention of Roadrunner Records, although the label was not convinced of the band's live qualities, as they had played few concerts. Doubts were removed, however, after the band was able to record three songs, Chasing the Storm, Backstabber and Icehouse, with financial support from Roadrunner Records. The album Chasing the Storm was recorded in the summer of 1985, produced by Guy Bidmead and released in the autumn under the name Chasing the Storm. The band consisted of guitarist Pete Wadeson, vocalist Graeme Wyatt, bassist Ted Twigg and drummer Sam Hall.The release was followed by various concerts and festival appearances before the band parted ways with Roadrunner Records in 1987 and subsequently disbanded in 1988. After Wadeson had collaborated with Andy Halliwell in the band Sweet Sin in the same year and they had recorded an instrumental album that was never to be released, Wadeson formed the band Lethal with some other Tröjan members, which was later to change its name to Taliön. This band released an album on Major Records, a sub-label of Peaceville Records.According to Malc Macmillan in The N.W.O.B.H.M. Encyclopedia, the album Chasing the Storm is comparable to Jaguar's debut album or also to the works of Samurai and Chateaux.In his review of the album, Oliver Klemm from Metal Hammer wrote that the group was oriented towards bands like Chateaux, Savage and Avenger.In the same issue, they also wrote that the music is typical British heavy metal, reminiscent of Judas Priest or Saxon in places.According to Martin Popoff in his book The Collector's Guide of Heavy Metal Volume 2: The Eighties, the band plays fast and aggressive metal comparable to the music of Satan and Blind Fury on the album. The release could also have fit the catalogue of Ebony Records or Earthshaker Records.In Crash, Uwe Lerch compared the band to Jaguar and Savage.

Album:

If for any reason you don't know who TRÖJAN are then stop reading this review right now. OK, I'm just kidding, let's not be so harsh, of course there are new generations who are looking for old and quality bands that were lost in the passage of time for many different reasons, but their work remained unchanged over time. Fortunately, there are records labels out there like Cult Metal Classics that re-release excellent albums from the past such as TRÖJAN's album ''Chasing the Storm''.The internet and social networks in general have never been my thing, but OK, we live in 2022 so we have to follow technology too. That's how I met Pete Wadeson (the internet brought us closer, right, my friend Pete?) with whom we have exchanged many emails so far. Apart from being an amazing guitarist/composer & generally a great artist, Pete is also a very respectable, positive and approachable person which had the kindness to answer my questions for an interview that we had.Pete was so kind that he send us TRÖJAN & TALIÖN's CDs reissues from Cult Metal Classics. The double CD deluxe edition of ''Chasing the Storm'' comes in a beautiful slipcase with 16 page booklet (lyrics and tons of rare pictures), a bonus demo song ''Bring on the Night'' (AAAARRRRGGGGG what a song!!! So fucking powerful, check also the official lyric video) and the 2nd CD is a live show from the old n' glory days at Dynamo Club. It is a limited edition (only 500 copies) & for the vinyl maniacs it is released in the very limited quantity of 300 copies total (150 in standard black & 150 in Orange/Red Mix Transparent Vinyl). So maniacs, you know what to do, right??? Oh Gee!!! It is an excellent reissue!!Now, what can I say about the ''Chasing the Storm'' album? I have only 4 words to say: METAL TO THE BONE!!! The album is so classic that every TRUE headbanger out there must have his collection. Their music is a mixture of classic heavy metal and speed metal. Listen to the songs ''Tonight We've Got It Made'', ''Only The Strong Survive'', ''Hypnotized'' (Graem's vocals are amazing!!), ''Aggressor'' (Holy fuck, the guitar solo shreds!!) & of course the heavy metal hymn ''Chasing The Storm'' will blow your fucking head off!!Τhe whole band plays loud and furious like there's no tomorrow! In my humble opinion this album is the definition of heavy metal and it is so sad that TRÖJAN left us only one full length studio album (I don't forget the demos which are so badass!!!). Of course they haven't stopped but they have continued with a different name TALIÖN.So, girls & boys out there, here is your chance to listen and to feel what true heavy metal is. TRÖJAN's music will possess you for sure! Guaranteed top notch heavy metal at its best. More words are not necessary.Don't forget to check their official Youtube channel (you will find there metal treasures!!!) and keep your eyes open for their upcoming shows at the well-known heavy metal festivals in the EU. There will be a helluva show from Pete and his gang! Be there - You've been warned!!!

Line-Up:

Graeme Wyatt - Vocals - See also: ex-Taliön, ex-Wolfpack, ex-Lethal
Eddy Martin - Bass - See also: ex-Pete Wadeson
Pete Wadeson - Guitars, Vocals (backing) - See also: ex-Taliön, ex-Pete Wadeson, ex-Lethal
Sam Hall - Drums

Production:

Engineer – Maurice Mulligan
Engineer [Assistant] – Janet Kealey
Management – Morningstar Management
Mastered By – Tim Young
Producer – Guy Bidmead
Recorded at Ezee Studios, London, England, May 1985 for Hooligan Productions
Mastered at CBS, London

Tracklist:

CD1: Chasing The Storm

01. Chasing The Storm
02. Tonight We've Got It Made
03. Only The Strong Survive
04. Hypnotized
05. Backstabber
06. Icehouse
07. Take No Prisoners
08. Hot 'N Ready
09. Help Me
10. Aggressor
11. Bring On The Night (Bonus Track)

CD2: Capturing The Storm - Live At The Dynamo Club

01. Backstabber
02. Tonight We've Got It Made
03. Only The Strong Survive
04. Hypnotized
05. Take No Prisoners
06. Hot 'N Ready
07. Help Me
08. Icehouse
09. Aggressor
10. Chasing The Storm

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2022 / NEWS 2022"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 26 neregistrovaných