Tokyo Blade - Fury (Digipak Edition) (2022)

hudební novinky 2022 / music news 2022
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Máj 2023, 11:17

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Heavy Metal , Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 132 mb

Bio:

Tokyo Blade is an English heavy metal band, active since 1982.Tokyo Blade is one of the many acts considered part of the new wave of British heavy metal (NWOBHM) movement from the late 1970s / early 1980s. Tokyo Blade went through many changes of formation and disbanded twice, often changing their musical style during the years of activity. However, the band is still active today, with three of the original members in the line-up.The band was formed in Salisbury in the late 1970s under the moniker White Diamond later changed to Killer in 1981 and then changed again to Genghis Khan.The original line-up consisted of Alan Marsh (vocals), Andy Boulton (guitar), Ray Dismore (guitar), Andy Robbins (bass), and Steve Pierce (drums). Later in the year, the band changed their name again, signed with the British independent record label Powerstation Records and recorded their first album. This album was self-titled in all regions, except in the United States, where it came out as Midnight Rendezvous on the Combat Records label. Also in 1981, the band shared the stages of clubs and festivals with notable acts such as Metallica and Venom.Like many other acts of the period, Tokyo Blade was plagued by frequent changes of band members. By the time the follow-up album was released, vocalist Alan Marsh was replaced with Vic Wright. The album Night of the Blade was issued in 1984 with Wright on vocals. However, in 1998, an edition of the album featuring Marsh's original vocals was eventually released as Night of the Blade... The Night Before. In that period, Tokyo Blade took part in tours and festival packages with Blue Öyster Cult and others with Dio, Ozzy Osbourne and Scorpions. The band's third record Black Hearts & Jaded Spades was released in 1985 by the band's own label in Europe and available in the USA as an import only. The band filmed a concert at London's Camden Palace, which was aired on Channel 4 in 1985, and has since made its way on to multiple bootleg DVD releases. By the end of the year, Tokyo Blade disbanded, with all members dedicating their time and efforts to other projects.

Album:

Producing genuine early classics such as their self-titled debut and follow up ‘Night Of The Blade’, the band went through multiple line- up changes over the years and yet continued to enjoy the support of the metal community and diehard fans across the globe.Asked about the current state of Tokyo Blade, Boulton is upbeat: “While some folks took up a new hobby or pursued existing ones, us Blade types were happy to seize the opportunities afforded by the furloughs and self-isolation to write and record this album. Despite the struggles we have faced to keep Tokyo Blade alive, music is our driving force, we enjoyed writing and recording it and we sincerely hope you enjoy it for whatever reason.”Tokyo Blade is the epitome of underground survivors. Theirs is a classic tale and very similar pattern of many other bands of the time. Coming hot out the gates during the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal the band had considerable success. Then is a well-intentioned but perhaps misdirected play for a broader (ie, North American) audience the bands sound evolved. The result was one that neither captured new fans or appeased the original ones. It is a story as old as time itself and a trajectory that many bands followed. The difference between Tokyo Blade and the wasteland of bands that failed and/or quit in the mid-90’s, is that Tokyo Blade kept going under the auspices and sheer will-power of founder Andy Boulton.The band did indeed keep going despite several ill-fated attempts to reinvent themselves and a revolving door of singers. At a certain tipping point the band transcended their lost years and became a respected heritage act. Ex-members rejoined the fold. Small retro tours and festival appearances were booked. Reissues hit the market, new record deals emerged and over the course of ten years Tokyo Blade has put out four solid albums, FURY being the latest. I’m embarrassed to say this is the first Tokyo Blade album reviewed on Metal-Rules.com.TOKYO BLADE is now on Dissonance Records owned by Cherry Red so that has provided some stability. Four-fifths of the, dare we say ‘classic’ line-up is intact and has been for about a decade now. FURY is the bands 11th or 12th album, depends how you count as there is some debate about the status of MR. ICE from 1998 which was a reissue of the tracks that were intended to be their sixth album back in the early 90’s.The stars are in alignment. History lesson aside, how is the new album?FURY is pretty furious. I don’t have a comparison from the ‘comeback’ years but this sounds as good, if anything faster and heavier than the 80’s material. The album starts with a one-two-three punch of fast songs before easing off the gas a little. Album favourite? Likely ‘We All Fall down’, mid-way through the record, with it’s creepy intro and driving pace. ‘Rhythm Of The Gun’ is another rocking favourite. Lyrically the band is slightly darker these days, as well, maybe a mean edge showing they still have something to prove, maybe as evidenced by the spoken word intro to ‘Message On The Wall’.There is one point I struggled with on FURY. There is this odd vocal effect on the vocals of Alan Marsh. I’m not sure if it was artistically intentional or if it was an attempt to mask a failing voice. Either way, the ‘singing through a megaphone’ electro-effect really hampered the impact and delivery of his fine voice. Aside from that the album has decent production values across the board.FURY is also quite long. Too long? I don’t mind long albums by any means, but 15 songs at almost 80 minutes it might deter casual listeners or prompt the cynics and critics to drop terms like ‘filler’. I don’t feel that way but I could see how this mammoth album may deter some.I’m ashamed to admit that I lost track of Tokyo Blade in the 90’s. I bought and enjoyed the first five albums but my loyalty tapered off. The recent KNIGHTS OF THE BLADE box-set helped reaffirm my lost for the early days of the band and rekindled my desire to seek out those last seven studio albums. FURY is a fine example of traditional/classic Metal done correctly.

Line-Up:

Alan Marsh - Vocals (1982-1984, 1990-1991, 1995-1996, 2017-present) - See also: ex-Genghis Khan, ex-Killer, ex-Hard Venom, ex-Shogun
Andy Boulton - Guitars (1982-1986, 1987, 1995-1996, 2007-present) - See also: ex-Killer, ex-Genghis Khan
John Wiggins - Guitars (1983-1986, 1994-1996, 2010-present) - See also: ex-Battlezone, ex-Deep Machine, ex-Black Friday
Andy Wrighton - Bass (1984-1986, 2010-present) - See also: ex-The Deep, ex-Deep Machine, ex-Shogun
Steve Pierce - Drums (1982-1986, 1987, 2010-present) - See also: ex-Genghis Khan, ex-Killer, ex-Rebel Academy, ex-Shogun, ex-Tigertailz

Tracklist:

01. Man In A Box
02. Blood Red Night
03. I Am Unbroken
04. Disposable Me
05. Eyes Wired Shut 6 Cold Light Of Day
07. We Fall Down
08. Heart of Darkness
09. Kill Me ‘Till I’m Dead
10. Life Leaves A Scar
11. Message On the Wall
12. Nailbomb
13. Rhythm Of The Gun
14. Static
15. When The Bullets Fly

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2022 / NEWS 2022"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní