Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Heavy Metal , Speed Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Powerhead play metal, nothing else.No frills,no fuss, just guitar-heavy music straight to the face.Since 2013, the name of the band from Rendsburg has been "just metal" and with driving drums, pressing bass, screaming guitars and grating vocals, Powerhead blow the dust out of the fans' ears. Whether in clubs or open air, Powerhead go full throttle from the first to the last note.

Album:

Debut album.Heavy / Speed from Germany.Similar to Judas Priest during their 'Painkiller' period. This album has very large balls!!Powerhead: Metal, nothing else! Authentic and straight in your face! Pushing riffs, driving drums, grating iron voice and that paired with a lot of joy in playing are the trademarks of the heavy/thrash metal band from Rendsburg!More Teutonic metal is exactly what these times ask for and so I was happy when I stumbled upon German blacksmiths Powerhead. To get the issues which might be cause for critic immediately out of the way I would argue that the band name as well as some of the lyrics and song titles are a bit goofy. Other than that what we get with their debut full length “Curse of Stone” are nine crushing battle hymns and a playing time of nearly 47 minutes, brimming with energy and passion. The band has been formed nearly a decade ago so I am wondering why it took them so long to come up with a full record, but in that case the time was well spent and the end product is a very polished one and offers great enjoyment for the (Power)-metal-heads all around the globe.After the obligatory spoken words intro the opener “Raise Hell” storms out of the gates with the first set of galloping riffs and relentless drums. The ante is further upped to nearly thrash territory with the thunderous explosion of speed and riffs throughout this track, before we get served some more mid-tempo orientated groovers like e.g. “A Deal With the Devil”. Some of the best moments that make this album stand out from the pack are when the band takes a respite from shaking the pillars of the earth at full blast and allow some nuance to slip into the equation and bring the more rocking side of their game into play. The song structures are well defined, following the traditional verse-chorus formula for the most part with the refrains being sticky, bringing anthemic qualities without end to the table. While Powerplay prefer to get straight to the point there is enough variety so that things never get too simplistic or bland.There also calmer sections like the beginning of half-ballad “My Final Battlecry”, where singer Johannes gets the chance to show a bit of versatility, but his soaring and raspy voice is mainly made to shout along the dictating play of the guitars and the stomping beats of the rhythm section. Speaking of which drummer Olli and bass player André do a fantastic job in keeping things tight and compact, while guitar players Tobi and Markus churn out some heavy riffs, melodic harmonies and nice soloing parts. There’s just so much energy soaring through the entire record and everything is executed very well. On the whole each song that features here is very well constructed to keep everything in flow, and I appreciate how all the sounds come together and the way the single tunes have been placed in the context of the album. Powerhead certainly know their craft, and their work grows on you more and more with repeated listens, with each song having its own identity, and the collection of hooks, riffs and melodies is a great potpourri of genre highlights.The sound shows great dynamic with every instrument being given special attention and the riffs offering crunchy heaviness. Stellar production is always a good thing when it comes to traditional and power metal, and this album is no exception. Every note sounds organic, all details as well as the vocals are crystal clear and the background elements are easily audible. This is an extremely well written, well produced and well performed album in this genre. If I was being ultra-critical I would mention that there is nothing really new on offer here and that the band don’t take any risks, but in all honesty I don’t give two shits. That being said “Curse of Stone” is a formidable piece of pure and energetic metal and comes highly recommended for purists and traditionalists.

Line Up:

Johannes "Brede" Bredehorst - Vocals (lead) - See also: ex-Mental Rape
Tobias ''Tobi'' Schröder - Guitars
Markus Köpp - Guitars
André Soll - Bass (2020-present) - See also: ex-FroschGott, ex-Hatred, ex-Shizophrenia
Olli Dahm - Drums - See also: ex-Agrimm Doomhammer, ex-Dysphoria

Tracklist:

01. Raise Hell (05:01)
02. Berzerker's Rage (04:00)
03. A Deal With The Devil (06:03)
04. My Final Battlecry (06:10)
05. Time Runs Out (05:04)
06. Don't Look Back (04:23)
07. Steelwarrior (04:02)
08. Time to Rise (03:47)
09. I'll believe in you (07:56)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2021 / NEWS 2021"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 36 neregistrovaných