Tokyo Blade - Night Of The Blade - The Night Before (1997) (High Roller Records Edition 2021)

hudební novinky 2021 / music news 2021
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Tokyo Blade - Night Of The Blade - The Night Before (1997) (High Roller Records Edition 2021)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Máj 2023, 11:19

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1997 (High Roller Records Remastered Edition 2021)
Style : Heavy Metal , Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 132 mb

Bio:

Tokyo Blade is an English heavy metal band, active since 1982.Tokyo Blade is one of the many acts considered part of the new wave of British heavy metal (NWOBHM) movement from the late 1970s / early 1980s. Tokyo Blade went through many changes of formation and disbanded twice, often changing their musical style during the years of activity. However, the band is still active today, with three of the original members in the line-up.The band was formed in Salisbury in the late 1970s under the moniker White Diamond later changed to Killer in 1981 and then changed again to Genghis Khan.The original line-up consisted of Alan Marsh (vocals), Andy Boulton (guitar), Ray Dismore (guitar), Andy Robbins (bass), and Steve Pierce (drums). Later in the year, the band changed their name again, signed with the British independent record label Powerstation Records and recorded their first album. This album was self-titled in all regions, except in the United States, where it came out as Midnight Rendezvous on the Combat Records label. Also in 1981, the band shared the stages of clubs and festivals with notable acts such as Metallica and Venom.Like many other acts of the period, Tokyo Blade was plagued by frequent changes of band members. By the time the follow-up album was released, vocalist Alan Marsh was replaced with Vic Wright. The album Night of the Blade was issued in 1984 with Wright on vocals. However, in 1998, an edition of the album featuring Marsh's original vocals was eventually released as Night of the Blade... The Night Before. In that period, Tokyo Blade took part in tours and festival packages with Blue Öyster Cult and others with Dio, Ozzy Osbourne and Scorpions. The band's third record Black Hearts & Jaded Spades was released in 1985 by the band's own label in Europe and available in the USA as an import only. The band filmed a concert at London's Camden Palace, which was aired on Channel 4 in 1985, and has since made its way on to multiple bootleg DVD releases. By the end of the year, Tokyo Blade disbanded, with all members dedicating their time and efforts to other projects.

Album:

Wiltshire’s favourite New Wave Of British Heavy Metal outfit TOKYO BLADE did not have an easy start into their career by any stretch of the imagination. Before settling on the name TOKYO BLADE, the band was initially called Killer and then Genghis Khan (under which name they recorded a privately pressed double 7” single in 1983). When Alan Marsh (vocals), John Wiggins (guitar), Andy Boulton (guitar), Andy Robbins (bass) and Steve Pierce (drums) finally became TOKYO BLADE, they were widely tipped to become the next big thing of the glorious NWOBHM, following in the footsteps of Iron Maiden.The band’s self-titled debut album, originally released on the then new Powerstation Records in 1983, took the British public by storm. The record received excellent reviews in the press, which widened TOKYO BLADE’s fan base quite considerably.When it became time to write and record the songs for their second album “Night Of The Blade”, one could have assumed that the mood inside the TOKYO BLADE camp would have been rather optimistic. But this was actually not the case. “I do wonder sometimes what would’ve happened if my dear mother had never bought me my first guitar and if I had never formed my first band,” wonders original guitarist Andy Boulton today. “Back then it was much more difficult to write and record songs,” continues Boulton. “I didn’t have my own home studio back then and technology wasn’t as it is now of course. With the first album selling very well and the Europeans now going crazy for us, the record company decided we needed a follow-up album. Alan and I with Wiggins as co-writer on a couple had 90% of the songs written for what was to become ‘Night Of The Blade.”So far, so good… But somewhere along the line the band’s record company decided the band should get rid of their singer Alan Marsh: “Alan didn’t take this news well and was naturally very upset, he told us that he was quitting. We did try to persuade him not to go and we would fight for him to stay in the band. But Alan wasn’t having any of it and he left there and then so we were now consigned to having another vocalist which was Vic Wright.”What you hear on “Night Of The Blade … The Night Before” is the original version of the second album (with Alan Marsh on vocals). That was before the record company started to tinker with it, as Andy Boulton shudders to remember: “We did not re-record the album, only Alan’s vocals were replaced. Kevin Nixon from Powerstation decided to leave Alan‘s backing vocals on and some of his lead vocals here and there. I took Kevin to one side and told him that I didn’t think it was fair. But we were under the thumb of the record company, we still hadn’t received any money from them and we felt a little bit powerless. So Vic replaced Alan’s vocals with his own, still singing Alan’s lyrics and melodies.”Mastered for vinyl by Patrick W. Engel at TEMPLE OF DISHARMONY in September 2020. Cutting by SST Germany on Neumann machines for optimal quality on all levels.

Line-Up:

Alan Marsh - Vocals (1982-1984, 1990-1991, 1995-1996, 2017-present) - See also: ex-Genghis Khan, ex-Killer, ex-Hard Venom, ex-Shogun
Andy Boulton - Guitars (1982-1986, 1987, 1995-1996, 2007-present) - See also: ex-Killer, ex-Genghis Khan
John Wiggins - Guitars (1983-1986, 1994-1996, 2010-present) - See also: ex-Battlezone, ex-Deep Machine, ex-Black Friday
Andy Wrighton - Bass (1984-1986, 2010-present) - See also: ex-The Deep, ex-Deep Machine, ex-Shogun
Steve Pierce - Drums (1982-1986, 1987, 2010-present) - See also: ex-Genghis Khan, ex-Killer, ex-Rebel Academy, ex-Shogun, ex-Tigertailz

Tracklist:

01. Night of the Blade
02. Warrior of the Rising Sun
03. Unleash the Beast
04. Love Struck
05. Attack Attack
06. Fever
07. Dead of the Night
08. Breakout
09. Madame Guillotine
10. Someone to Love

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2021 / NEWS 2021"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných