Mark Baker - The Future Ain't What It Used To Be (2CD) (2019) (MelodicRock Classics Limited Edition 2021)

hudební novinky 2021 / music news 2021
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Mark Baker - The Future Ain't What It Used To Be (2CD) (2019) (MelodicRock Classics Limited Edition 2021)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 26 Apr 2023, 14:30

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019 (MelodicRock Classics Limited Edition 2021)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 282 mb

Bio:

The name Mark Baker may not be immediately recognizable to many, but for liner note/album credits junkies, it signifies top shelf AOR songwriting. Whether it be anthems or ballads, a Mark Baker song means memorable hooks and a big chorus. Mark Baker is the man behind the iconic Signal "Loud & Clear" album as well as many other songs including tracks for .38 Special, Paris Black, Triumph and Boulevard. He was also the main co-writer on House Of Lords' acclaimed "Demons Down" record, rejoining as co-writer on some of the band's more recent albums too."The Future Ain't What It Used To Be" is a compilation of Mark's songwriter demos from the 80s and 90s. The songwriter demos feature various singers, including the best session vocalist of them all: Mark Free. I'm pleased to say there are several unreleased Mark Free vocals. But that's not all. There are some original demos from the House Of Lords "Demons Down" record as well as an appearance from Chicago's Bill Champlin on an amazing AOR anthem. Several of these demos have been traded online for years and MRR is thrilled to bring one disc of this material to light in July. The tracks come from DAT masters and will as always be remastered by JK Northrup.

Mark Baker is the man behind the iconic Signal 'Loud & Clear' album as well as many other songs including tracks for 38 Special, Paris Black, Triumph and Boulevard. The Future Ain't What It Used To Be is a compilation of Mark's songwriter demos from the '80s and '90s.

Album:

Double CD limited to 500 units.While working on compiling the material for this release, several tracks were uncovered that didn't fit the normal audio quality level required of an official release. The masters just couldn't be uncovered. But the songs are still great and deserve some form of preservation.Two years ago, MelodicRock Records gave songwriter Mark Baker a chance to compile some of his best songwriter demos onto a release under his own name for the first time.Now under the new label name MelodicRock Classics, its time to deliver another Volume of tracks, with a couple of limited edition options giving fans the chance to own the entire collection of Mark Baker melodic rock demos.Sharing a similar name, the new release 'The Future Still Ain't What It Used To Be' pays homage to the first album, sharing the epic title track 'The Future Ain't What It Used To Be' over both releases.However, on the new release, the song is sung by the great Caryl Mack Parker.The rest of the album consists of fresh unreleased material, but some of the songs may still sound familiar.The album contains an amazing original Signal demo for the Van Stephenson/Mark Baker co-write Wake Up You Little Fool; also a David Roberts sung demo of the Boulevard track In The Twilight; An Aina sung version of the James Christian track 'No Pleasure Without Pain' and more.'The Future Still Ain't What It Used To Be' will also be available in two limited edition formats featuring even more unreleased demos.While working on cmpiling the material for this release, several tracks were uncovered that didn't fit the normal audio quality level required of an official release. The masters just couldn't be uncovered. But the songs are still great and deserve some form of preservation.ALL TRACKS featured on both CDs have once again been loving remastered by JK Northrup at Alien 11:11 Studios.500 units will be pressed as a Double CD featuring a bonus 'B Disc' of tracks featuring the awesme vocalists Marcie Free, Lee Aaron, Gary O, Aina, David Roberts & more...

Line-Up:

Mark Baker - vocals , guitar
Mark Free - lead and backing vocals (Ex-King Kobra, Ex-Signal, Ex-Unruly Child)

+ guests:

James Christian
David Roberts
Peter McIan
Caryl Mack Parker
Billy Trudel

Production:

Mixed At – Alien Productions Studios
Mastered At – Alien Productions Studios
Artwork By [and logo] – Nello Dell'Omo
Executive-Producer – Andrew McNeice
Mixed By, Mastered By – JK Northrup
Producer, Liner Notes – Mark Baker (

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Talk Too Much (Marcie Free) 3:15
02. Wake Up You Little Fool (Original Demo)(Signal) 3:49
03. Feels Like Love (Vocalist Unknown / James Christian Backing Vocals) 4:42
04. Too Bad 4 My Own Good (Caryl Mack Parker) 3:31
05. The Future Ain't What It Used To Be (Caryl Mack Parker) 4:03
06. No Pleasure Without Pain (Aina) 4:57
07. What Are We Fighting For (David Roberts) 3:50
08. When You Hear My Car (David Roberts) 3:49
09. In The Twilight (David Roberts) 5:01
10. How Are We To Know (David Roberts) 5:23
11. Parallel Lines (Peter McIan) 4:10
12. Livin' Without My Love (Billy Trudel) 4:48
13. As Long As I Know (Vocalist Unknown) 4:27
14. Walkin' Talkin' (James Christian) 4:43
15. Saved By Rock (Marcie Free) 3:29
16. The Long Goodbye (Marcie Free) 4:27

CD2: (Bonus Disc)

01. Show Me
02. Fascination
03. Gonna Make A Believer
04. Innocent
05. Don't Talk About My Love
06. For True Love (Vocalist Unknown) 4:11
07. Some Hearts
08. Can You See Me Now
09. Say You'll Stay (Vocalist Unknown) 3:24
10. State Of My Heart
11. Saigon
12. Too Bad For My Own Good
13. Could It Be (Vocals by Chako) 4:20

Gene Miller sings the vocals on 1-12 "Livin' Without My Love" but incorrectly credited to Billy Trudel

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2021 / NEWS 2021"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní