Slayer - Show No Mercy (1983) (Metal Blade Records Remastered Edition 2021)

hudební novinky 2021 / music news 2021
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Mar 2023, 09:06

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 (Metal Blade Records Remastered Edition 2021)
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 118 mb

Bio:

Slayer is an American thrash metal band formed in Huntington Park, California, in 1981, by guitarists Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King. Slayer rose to fame with their 1986 release Reign in Blood, and is credited as one of the "Big Four" thrash metal acts, along with Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. Slayer has never publicly revealed its worldwide sales, however between 1991 and 2004, the band sold more than 3.5 million albums in the U.S.Slayer's musical style involves fast tremolo picking, double bass drumming, riffs in irregular scales and shouted vocals. In the original line-up, King, bassist/vocalist Tom Araya and guitarist Jeff Hanneman contributed to the band's lyrics, and most of the band's music was created and arranged by King and Hanneman, with additional help from drummer Dave Lombardo and sometimes Araya.The band's lyrics and album art, which cover topics such as serial killers, insanity, Satanism, religion, anti-religion and warfare, have generated album bans, delays, lawsuits and criticism from religious groups and the public. Their music has been highly influential, often being cited by many bands as an influence musically, visually and lyrically.Since their debut album in 1983, the band has released two live albums, one box set, six videos, two extended plays, a covers album and ten studio albums, four of which have received gold certification in the United States. The band has received five Grammy nominations, winning one in 2007 for the song "Eyes of the Insane", and one in 2008 for the song "Final Six" (both from 2006's Christ Illusion). Slayer has played music festivals worldwide, including Unholy Alliance, Download and Ozzfest.

Album:

Show No Mercy is the debut studio album by American thrash metal band Slayer, released on December 3, 1983, by Metal Blade Records. Brian Slagel signed the band to the label after watching them perform the song "Phantom of the Opera" by Iron Maiden. The band self-financed their full-length debut, combining the savings of vocalist Tom Araya, who was employed as a respiratory therapist, and money borrowed from guitarist Kerry King's father. Touring extensively promoting the album, the band brought close friends and family members along the trip, who helped backstage with lighting and sound.Although the album was criticized for its poor production quality, it became Metal Blade's highest-selling release, producing the songs "The Antichrist", "Die by the Sword" and "Black Magic", which were played at Slayer's live shows regularly.Slayer has been a favorite band for hundreds and thousands, if not tens of millions of people worldwide. There is a great reason for that, no band in the history of metal has been able to capture the suffering of the human soul, the torturous pain that it goes through during difficult stages of life. However, when you read that previous sentence, you do not think "Oh, yes, I agree. Show No Mercy does just that.". You think Hell Awaits, Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, perhaps Seasons in the Abyss do that, if you are a die-hard Slayer fan, like me. If to you, Slayer is just "another" band that you like, you may be only thinking Reign in Blood. This record, in terms of style and sounding, is completely disconnected from Slayer's later discography, but it is not a problem at all. It is a different type of Slayer that is just as memorable and amazing as the later, hatred-based Slayer.The band with this album started out playing speed metal with some occasional thrash metal-like elements. Back in 1983, the style was not yet completely defined. It's highly controversial who "created" the genre, so it's not worth talking about it, because there really is no right or wrong answer. Nobody "created" any genre, they all evolved. If you are aware of the origins of the genre, you can not deny (unless you are stupid) that this album played a major role in the evolvement of thrash metal music. The signs of thrash metal, the fast pace, the destructive riffing, the continuously crushing, loud hi-hat, the barking vocals appeared on this record, for one of the first times in the history of music.Having the importance and significance of the record out of the way, let's talk about the musicianship. The first actual, LP-appearance of the legendary quartet, Tom Araya, Jeff Hanneman, Kerry King, and Dave Lombardo. The guitar work, if you look at it from a reasonable, objective point of view, is the best guitar work in all of Slayer's history. The riffs are the most sophisticated and most melodic out of all of Slayer's records. Some of the catchiest Slayer songs can be found on this record, including but not limited to "Fight Till Death", "Black Magic", "Tormentor". The riffs are very well thought out, well-articulated and they work magnificently with the theme and atmosphere of the record. Oh, and let's not forget the lead work. Here, the two guys actually put some real meaning, some sense behind those solos. Listen to the solos of "Tormentor", and/or "The Final Command". They are actually really well-written, advanced solos.Besides the excellent, melodic, clever guitar work, the rest of the band is not bad either. Dave Lombardo was an outstanding drummer even back in this time. Though the style of the music did not allow him to go above and beyond what was expected like later (insane filling and brutal double-bass sections with some ultra-high BPM just don't go well with melodic speed metal, not that I know of) you can tell that he really knew what he was doing. His understanding of what would and would not work when the riffs change, and when the tempo changes is very high. Tom Araya's bass is very audible, which is one sentence you will not often read. Besides his well-fitting bass lines, his vocals are excellent as well. It is true that his vocals have been the same for decades, but I freaking love his vocals, so to me, it is no problem. Everyone on the record is putting on a show.The lyrics don't really need to be mentioned, because there is not a lot of meaning behind them. Darkness, evil, Satan, blah blah blah. Lyrics are really not the reason why this record is amazing. The production to me is perfectly acceptable, moreover, very good for the year it was released in. The audio quality is perfect. Each instrument is perfectly balanced, along with the vocals.Let's conclude this masterpiece. Is this album the most virtuoso, most technically advanced thrash metal record of all time? Not by a damn long shot. Is this the fastest? No. Is it the one with the most meaningful, deepest message? Absolutely not. Then why the hell does it get 100%!? Because it is FUN! The catchiness, the melodies, the badass riffs, the beautiful solos, the "cool", not yet frightening appearance of evil, everything creates a picture that I just love. I put this album on, and I'll start to headbang along in 5 seconds, all the way until the end. I keep coming back to this record from time to time to listen to it again, and it only gets better with every listen. I know every move by now, but it just never gets old. It is a dose of true, honest, authentic (it really doesn't get more OG than this), original metal, that will never be surpassed.

Line-Up:

Tom Araya - Vocals, Bass
Kerry King - Lyrics (tracks 1, 5, 6, 8-10), Guitars, Songwriting (tracks 1, 2, 5, 6, 8-10)
Jeff Hanneman - Songwriting (tracks 2-9), Lyrics (tracks 1-4, 7, 9), Guitars (R.I.P. 2013)
Dave Lombardo - Drums

Production:

Brian Slagel – executive production
Bill Metoyer – engineering, mixing

Tracklist:

01. Evil Has No Boundaries 03:12
02. The Antichrist 02:50
03. Die by the Sword 03:37
04. Fight till Death 03:40
05. Metal Storm / Face the Slayer 04:55
06. Black Magic 04:07
07. Tormentor 03:46
08. The Final Command 02:33
09. Crionics 03:30
10. Show No Mercy 03:08

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2021 / NEWS 2021"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných