Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 152 mb

Bio:

Lee Aaron (born Karen Lynn Greening, July 21, 1962) is a Canadian rock and jazz singer. She had several hits in the 1980s and early 1990s such as "Metal Queen", "Whatcha Do to My Body" and "Sex with Love".Lee Aaron was born in Belleville, Ontario, and began singing in school musicals at the age of five.She was discovered singing in a music production when she was fifteen years old, and was asked to join a local rock group called "Lee Aaron" while still in high school in Brampton, Ontario.Aaron sang, played alto saxophone and keyboards in this first incarnation of the band.At age seventeen, Aaron's face was badly bruised and her nose broken in a car accident.No surgery was required, but years later, in a profile on Aaron, Canadian Musician Magazine mistakenly embellished the incident into Aaron requiring complete facial reconstruction.The magazine printed a retraction in the following month's issue.1980s.Aaron's debut 1982 album The Lee Aaron Project on Freedom Records (later reissued on Attic) featured a who's who of the Toronto music scene, with members of Moxy, Riff Raff, Santers, and Triumph's Rik Emmett.The album, available in England only as an import, created a groundswell of interest that resulted in Aaron's appearance that year at the Reading Festival.In late 1982, Aaron flew to New York and posed topless for the men's magazine OUI.The magazine's March 1983 issue featured Aaron on the cover and in an interview. Aaron later concluded that posing for the magazine damaged her musical credibility; she regretted the decision and assigned blame for it to pressure from her manager.1984's recording of the album Metal Queen resulted in a multi-album deal with Attic Records.During the recording of Metal Queen, guitarist John Albani joined the band and he and Aaron formed a solid songwriting partnership that would last eleven years.Between 1984 and 1992, Aaron toured almost non-stop, including over twenty European tours and appearances in Japan and the US. She released six albums on Attic Records in Canada, as well as international releases in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Benelux, Italy,Scandinavia, Australia and Japan. She has won three Toronto Music Awards for Best Female Vocalist, ten Juno nominations,and topped dozens of European music polls.Her greatest commercial success came with the release of Bodyrock in 1989. The album spawned several hit songs, including "Whatcha Do to My Body", and was certified double platinum in Canada.1990s.In 1992, Aaron left Attic Records to start her own label, Hip Chic Music,and released two more albums. On 1994's Emotional Rain (distributed by A & M Canada) Aaron worked with Don Short and Don Binns (Sons of Freedom), Reeves Gabrels (David Bowie's Tin Machine), and Knox Chandler (The Psychedelic Furs).1995's 2preciious was a project record written with members of Sons of Freedom. It was critically acclaimed but commercially unsuccessful,as she tried to drop the name "Lee Aaron" entirely and use her real name, Karen.In 1997, she began exploring jazz and blues.2000s.In 2000, she released Slick Chick, again on her own imprint, Barking Dog Music (with distribution by Fusion 3). Aaron played extensively for this release, showcasing at The Top of the Senator in Toronto and numerous jazz festivals across Canada and Europe.In 2002, Aaron was approached to audition with the Modern Baroque Opera Company. She was cast and appeared that year in an ALCAN Performing Arts Award-winning production called 101 Songs for the Marquis De Sade.Her eleventh album, Beautiful Things, a pop-jazz hybrid, was released in 2004.Lee Aaron continues to play both rock and selected jazz shows.On June 11, 2011, after 30 years in the business, she made her first appearance on Swedish soil when she played the Sweden Rock Festival.

Album:

Lee Aaron is the self-titled fourth studio album by singer Lee Aaron, released on 17 February 1987 through Attic Records; a remastered edition was reissued in 2002 through Unidisc Music.It is Aaron's third-highest charting album, reaching No. 39 on the Canadian albums chart and remaining on that chart for seventeen weeks, as well as reaching the top 60 in three other countries.Two singles reached the Canadian singles chart: "Only Human" at No. 44 and "Goin' Off the Deep End" at No. 93.I have always admired Canadian rock chick Lee Aaron. From her first nude display in Oui magazine, through to being the bonafide metal queen with an album title to boot. During the mid-eighties, Lee released a number of great energetic albums, and easily appealed against luminaries such as the Doro Pesch fronted Warlock, singer/guitarist Lita Ford and others of that ilk. Come 1987, Lee assembled a band which resembled and sounded much like the late great Wrabit (a much loved Canadian band here among the GLORY-DAZE staff). The fact that musical direction for this album came from Wrabit axe-wizard John Albani with able support from bassist Chris Brockway was half the reason why, and to my ears that is why this album had all the hallmarks of a successful release.. and so it proved.. or nearly. Aaron had signed with Virgin Records subsidiary 10 Records (Gary Moore etc) for European distribution on her prior album 'Call Of The Wild'. This self titled album followed two years later on the same label, but it was to be shortlived, as the label went belly-up not long after this release.Melodic maple-leaf mayhem gets us underway with the melodic romp of 'Powerline', followed by the strutty guitar attack of 'Hands Are Tied'. Albani is allowed to let loose in his own understated way. The superb ballad 'Only Human' is one of the best you'll hear in this genre. Beautiful stuff. The video for this song was kinda cool too! Lots of wispy white curtains etc. Lee looked like she was having fun! 'Empty Hearts' is fluid AOR, the melodies really flow, as do the smooth bass lines from Brockway, a standout on the track. Punchy is the best way to describe 'Number One'. Gotta say, this is how I love my 80's melodic hard rock!! Even the pairing of 'Don't Rain On My Parade' and 'Goin' Off The Deep End' though mid-paced, don't lose anything compared with the aforementioned other tracks. Another ballad 'If This Is Love' is kinda obligatory on an album such as this, but the standout track for me is the brooding power of 'Eye For An Eye'. Grab a listen if you can. If Albani and Brockway were at any stage considering a Wrabit reformation (please let that be a possibility.. pleeeezzzeee!), then a track like 'Heartbeat Of The World' would be an ideal candidate. The album closer 'Dream With Me' meanders its way through a HR/AOR soundscape. Dreamy indeed!Lee followed this up with the equally compelling 'Body Rock' from 1989, and 1991's 'Some Girls Do'; both albums containing a wealth of excellent songs, but this self-titled effort will always be my favourite. She sort of lost her way a bit during the nineties, with the musical climate proving to be her undoing, along with many others it must be said. However, come the year 2000 and beyond, Lee has re-established herself in the jazz genre now, and has rebased to White Rock, British Columbia to pursue her new musical direction, as well as a late stint at motherhood (now the proud parent of two young childen). Both directions by all accounts proving to be successful career choices. We are so happy for her. Thanks for the hard rock memories Lee! You will return one day won't you?

Line Up:

Lee Aaron – lead vocals, background vocals, arrangement
John Albani – guitar, background vocals, arrangement
Jimi Gelcer – keyboard, background vocals, arrangement
Randy Cooke – drums, percussion, arrangement
Chris Brockway – bass, background vocals, arrangement
David Roberts – background vocals (tracks 3, 5), arrangement
Peter Coleman – arrangement, production

Tracklist:

01. Powerline 3:50
02. Hands Are Tied 3:50
03. Only Human 3:46
04. Empty Heart 3:07
05. Number One 3:53
06. Don't Rain On My Parade 3:29
07. Goin' Off The Deep End 4:21
08. If This Is Love 4:18
09. Eye For An Eye 3:47
10. Heartbeat Of The World 4:20
11. Dream With Me 4:28

+ Video "Only Human" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1987 / NEWS 1987"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní