Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Hair Metal , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 77 mb

Bio:

Fronted by female vocalist Rose Christair, 7th Stranger was an aggressive yet very melodic pop-metal/hard rock band that came out of Seattle in the late '80s. 7th Stranger was never well-known nationally, but the band did acquire a small following in the Pacific Northwest and around Vancouver, British Columbia. A forceful belter, Christair favored a high-pitched style of singing that was somewhere between former Warlock vocalist Doro Pesch and Judas Priest's ex-lead singer Rob Halford; other artists who affected 7th Stranger's sound included Led Zeppelin, Pat Benatar, Heart, and Lita Ford. 7th Stranger had been playing the Seattle scene for a few years when, in 1989, Christair met producer James Warsinske, who had recently started a small Los Angeles-based label called AVC Entertainment. (Warsinske's company subsequently changed its name to Solid Entertainment and, after that, Activate Entertainment). The producer liked what he heard and signed 7th Stranger, whose three other members were Eric Kris (guitar, keyboards, background vocals), Ted Pickett (electric bass, keyboards, background vocals), and a drummer who simply went by D. In 1992, 7th Stranger's debut album, Push Harder (which Kris produced), was released by AVC; Warsinske was listed as the executive producer and a cover of Sweet's "Love Is Like Oxygen" became its lead single. Unfortunately, Push Harder was a victim of bad timing. When grunge favorites Nirvana and Pearl Jam exploded commercially in 1992 and 1993, glossy pop-metal and hair bands suddenly went out of fashion -- and alternative rock became rock's primary direction. Although 7th Stranger was a Seattle band, it didn't sound anything like the million-selling grunge outfits that were coming out of the Emerald City. That was bad news for Push Harder, which went unnoticed and didn't sell. After 1992, 7th Stranger parted company with AVC and didn't record any more albums. But 7th Stranger's breakup didn't mean the end of Christair's involvement with music; Christair and Kris went on to join another Seattle-based band, called Sex Philes, whose debut album, Paranormal Action, came out in 2000.

Album:

Indeed, this interesting named band purvey a fairly standard form of heavy AOR. Released in 1992, `produced and arranged' by Eric Kris and recorded in Seattle - of all places for what is in many ways radio friendly hard rock of a somewhat 80's bent - the album has a hurdle up front in terms of being reviewed with an open mind given it's front cover shot of cleavage which presumably belongs to frontwoman Rose Christair. The rest of the band comprises Eric Kris - guitars, keys and backing vox, Ted Pickett on bass, keys and backing vox and someone going under the name of `D' on .... drums.Kicking off with the somewhat catchy Love is Like Oxygen the album cruises down the highway, a sturdy affair that can be played all the way through with little discernable dip in quality. Rose Christair has a fairly pleasant voice all told and has some different inflections she uses at times, such as the semi-southern twang she uses on some vocal lines of the lead cut. And at times things really do move from heavy AOR to more metallic terrain for example some of the guitar solos are certainly quite tasty and are in possession of some teeth which actually fitting the songs quite well. Perhaps the most metallic pistol whipper here is final cut Screams From My Heart while the more melodic side, and in fact the dominant side of the band is perhaps best displayed in the rather catchy title track.Issues with this release are however a somewhat anaemic tinge to proceedings, to whit tunes such as SexGuns and Dead Town which betray attempts at G rated hokeyness. And while I noted earlier that the quality of the tunes rarely dips, I never said that they were inherently good tunes. This album gives no real reason for urgent purchase. But it is reliable and a pretty good highway cruiser of an album and in fact my car is generally where I listen to this if I do so at all. If a late 80's style of heavy AOR smoothly done is your bag then this album could be a bit of an undiscovered gem and a very good introduction to the vocal attributes of Rose Christair

Line Up:

Rose Christair - Vocals
Eric Kris - Guitar, Keyboard
Ted Pickett - Bass, Keyboard
'D' - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Love Is Like Oxygen 3:29
02. Pick Me, Lick Me Good 0:40
03. Push Harder 3:48
04. Black Sky, Blue Heart 2:57
05. Lovin' You 3:32
06. Sex Guns 3:38
07. Dead Train 2:48
08. If I Had You 4:21
09. I'm in Love 3:36
10. Screams From My Heart 3:54

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1992 / NEWS 1992"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný