Lee Aaron - Powerline - The Best Of Lee Aaron (1992)

hudební novinky 1992 / music news 1992
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Jan 2021, 12:13

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 152 mb

Bio:

Lee Aaron (born Karen Lynn Greening, July 21, 1962) is a Canadian rock and jazz singer. She had several hits in the 1980s and early 1990s such as "Metal Queen", "Whatcha Do to My Body" and "Sex with Love".Lee Aaron was born in Belleville, Ontario, and began singing in school musicals at the age of five.She was discovered singing in a music production when she was fifteen years old, and was asked to join a local rock group called "Lee Aaron" while still in high school in Brampton, Ontario.Aaron sang, played alto saxophone and keyboards in this first incarnation of the band.At age seventeen, Aaron's face was badly bruised and her nose broken in a car accident.No surgery was required, but years later, in a profile on Aaron, Canadian Musician Magazine mistakenly embellished the incident into Aaron requiring complete facial reconstruction.The magazine printed a retraction in the following month's issue.1980s.Aaron's debut 1982 album The Lee Aaron Project on Freedom Records (later reissued on Attic) featured a who's who of the Toronto music scene, with members of Moxy, Riff Raff, Santers, and Triumph's Rik Emmett.The album, available in England only as an import, created a groundswell of interest that resulted in Aaron's appearance that year at the Reading Festival.In late 1982, Aaron flew to New York and posed topless for the men's magazine OUI.The magazine's March 1983 issue featured Aaron on the cover and in an interview. Aaron later concluded that posing for the magazine damaged her musical credibility; she regretted the decision and assigned blame for it to pressure from her manager.1984's recording of the album Metal Queen resulted in a multi-album deal with Attic Records.During the recording of Metal Queen, guitarist John Albani joined the band and he and Aaron formed a solid songwriting partnership that would last eleven years.Between 1984 and 1992, Aaron toured almost non-stop, including over twenty European tours and appearances in Japan and the US. She released six albums on Attic Records in Canada, as well as international releases in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Benelux, Italy,Scandinavia, Australia and Japan. She has won three Toronto Music Awards for Best Female Vocalist, ten Juno nominations,and topped dozens of European music polls.Her greatest commercial success came with the release of Bodyrock in 1989. The album spawned several hit songs, including "Whatcha Do to My Body", and was certified double platinum in Canada.1990s.In 1992, Aaron left Attic Records to start her own label, Hip Chic Music,and released two more albums. On 1994's Emotional Rain (distributed by A & M Canada) Aaron worked with Don Short and Don Binns (Sons of Freedom), Reeves Gabrels (David Bowie's Tin Machine), and Knox Chandler (The Psychedelic Furs).1995's 2preciious was a project record written with members of Sons of Freedom. It was critically acclaimed but commercially unsuccessful,as she tried to drop the name "Lee Aaron" entirely and use her real name, Karen.In 1997, she began exploring jazz and blues.2000s.In 2000, she released Slick Chick, again on her own imprint, Barking Dog Music (with distribution by Fusion 3). Aaron played extensively for this release, showcasing at The Top of the Senator in Toronto and numerous jazz festivals across Canada and Europe.In 2002, Aaron was approached to audition with the Modern Baroque Opera Company. She was cast and appeared that year in an ALCAN Performing Arts Award-winning production called 101 Songs for the Marquis De Sade.Her eleventh album, Beautiful Things, a pop-jazz hybrid, was released in 2004.Lee Aaron continues to play both rock and selected jazz shows.On June 11, 2011, after 30 years in the business, she made her first appearance on Swedish soil when she played the Sweden Rock Festival.

Album:

Powerline: The Best of Lee Aaron. Released in 1991, and just as the title says, it is all of the Lee Aaron from the 80's you're going to need, unless you are a die hard fan or own all the original albums.With that said, let's talk about this album. It has all of her biggest hits, which weren't many but nonetheless they were still great. One of the few women in hard rock who actually rocked and had a great voice (i.e. Lita Ford, blech!) mixed with her beauty (see the videos for "Metal Queen" and "Under Your Spell" and you'll know what I mean), this album still holds up today with any other hard rock MALE artists from the 80s work, and the songs on this set prove it. It shows you what a great a voice she really had,(still does too) from the rockers ("Lady Of The Darkest Night", "Metal Queen", "I Like My Rock Hard") to her ballads of raw emotion ("Peace on Earth", "Barely Holdin' On", "Only Human"). Her voice screams to croons to operatic howls, oftentimes all in one song. She's the best.Back to the album, for a greatest hits album, it still manages to contain a few clunkers, most notably "Texas Outlaw", a duet with a guy that I've never heard of, as well as "Hands On" and "Sweet Talk", they are especially lifeless. They should have been tossed in favour of "Under Your Spell" from her 1984 debut THE LEE AARON PROJECT, or even her duet with Helix vocalist Brian Vollmer ("Look Me Straight in the Heart"). So this compared with the amount of low quality songs that DID make the cut bring this album's star rating down a lot. But you can't deny the quality music that IS here. Her voice is never better than on "Barely Holdin' On", it's a great example of what I was talking about earlier with her voice changing dynamic over and over throughout the song.After her 1994 album EMOTIONAL RAIN, which I also recommend you check out, if you can find it, Lee Aaron changed musical direction drasticaly. Last I heard she was doing jazz and swing music, with no intenions of doing another rock album, exemplified in her 2000 release SLICK CHICK. As of 2004/2005 she has been doing pop music, so I have heard, and has a new album of pop songs out now. Seek it out if you wish. But for those of you who just wanna rock and remember her rock n' roll days (and miss them) this is the album you need to own

Line Up:

Lee Aaron – lead vocals
John Albani – guitar, background vocals
George Bernhardt – guitar, background vocals
Attila Demjen – drums
Frank Russell – drums
Jack Meli – bass, background vocals
Mick Walsh – engineering
Paul Gross – production

Tracklist:

01. I Like My Rock Hard 3:42
02. Texas Outlaw 3:44
03. Metal Queen 5:00
04. Lady Of The Darkest Night 4:52
05. Barely Holdin' On 4:44
06. Rock Me All Over 3:56
07. Powerline 3:50
08. Only Human 3:46
09. Whatcha Do To My Body 4:46
10. Nasty Boyz 4:07
11. Hands On 4:14
12. Sweet Talk 6:00
13. Some Girls Do 3:35
14. Sex With Love 4:42
15. Peace On Earth 5:08

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1992 / NEWS 1992"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní