Biloxi - Let The Games Begin (Japan Edition) (1993)

hudební novinky 1993 / music news 1993
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Jan 2023, 14:36

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1993 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 165 mb

Bio:

Biloxi was formed in 1989 in Los Angeles, California by founding member/vocalist Clyde Holly. The band went through several member changes until 1992 when "Let The Games Begin" was recorded. Biloxi signed to Zero Records in Japan in 1993 which charted the band with a top ten CD in the Asian market.The band also signed an import deal with a small independent label called X-treme Records out of Copenhagen, Denmark which garnered the band a #1 "Import of the Year" in Europe. Biloxi received rave reviews in such magazines as Metal Edge, Metalized, BURRN, and received a "5 out of 5 Stars" rating from KERRANG!With the untimely death of Biloxi's guitarist, the former lineup disbanded and Clyde Holly relocated to his hometown and the band's namesake. Opening HollyHouse Recording Studio, Clyde produced bands from the local/regional area and eventually produced drummer Rob Gronkoski and his band Slump.After several years of doing mostly studio production, Clyde and Rob found themselves working together in the Rebecca Allen Band which eventually led to the reformation of Biloxi. The band has been working on writing and recording since the new millennium and has now finished the new CD entitled "Right The Music". With the onslaught of grunge and heavy rock, Biloxi has held strong to their melodic rock roots encompassing thick harmonies, hook laden guitar riffs, and a powerful drum style that's second to none. Clyde Holly's vocal style has not changed much since "L.T.G.B." with the exception of a more bluesey feel.Joined by keyboardist Stefan Prescott, who's style is similar to Jordan Rudess, and lead Guitarist , Mark Lanoue, Biloxi was able to mold their style into a more technical and heavier approach for the third CD, which is currently being recorded for a SUMMER 2007 release.After the untimely death of Clyde, the remaining members decided to continue with finishing and releasing BILOXI III in honor of their friend. Clyde left us two GEMS with his vocals on it and Mark has taken over the lead vocals including a tribute to Clyde, which is a song from the "Check Mate" bootleg. The release will be named "In the Wake of The Storm", in rememberance of huricane Katrina.

Album:

Super melodic Hard Rock debut album.A nice solid slice of not to well known early 90’s melodic Hard Rock.If you are a fan of 80’s melodic rock, you can’t go wrong with this one. Great standouts as ‘Angel’ and show Me The Way’.This is a great CD a must have for your collection… if you don’t have get it…my two favs are ‘Mississippi queen(Cover song)’ & ‘magic’…What a great CD!! One of the best rock CDs I’ve ever heard. Clyde Holly is an excellent singer and songwriter by all standards!This is sheer genius. Combining melodic rock with some pomp overtones and finished off with Clyde Holly’s superb vocals (very Dennis Churchill Dries (White Sister)). If you like White Sister, Y&T, or indeed any combo that matched power with melody this is a must have!!! PS the cover of Mountains Mississippi Queen is just awesome!!Album opener ‘Run For Your Life’ leaves you gasping for superlatives. It starts off as Kansas/Prophet style A.O.R., the mid section changes to Dream Theater style arrangements, before finishing off with double kick drums and lead guitars on overkill during the choruses and solos! Just when you catch your breath, a gorgeous piece of melodic rock a la Firehouse is presented to us in the shape of ‘Angel’. A spectacular album, one of very few highlights during 1993.‘Angel’, ‘Out too late’, ‘Livin time’, Magic’ and ‘Here and now’. This is a great record and far better than anything a Scandi act ever released! Nuff said !A killer album. Big keys, big production, absolutely amazing harmony vocals (just listen to ‘Angel’ for proof) and some of the best pomp since Prophets heyday. It still gets regular plays in my CD deck.These guys had the chops, the licks and the kicks to be the best. There are a few gems here, including Angel, Out Too Late, Show Me The Way and Somewhere In The Night, Here And Now.A pretty good AOR release. I really enjoyed their sound. I guess my favorite tracks here are “Don’t Cry No More” and “Here and Now”.I would compare to Hardline or Journey and Foreigners best.Recommended !!

Line Up:

Clyde Holly - Bass, Lead Vocals (R.I.P. 2006)
Pat McNulty - Guitar, Vocals
Rich Symons - Guitar, Vocals, Blues Harp
Douglas R. Docker - Keyboards, Vocals
Billy Orrico - Drums, Vocals

Production:

Produced, Engineered, Mixed and Arranged by Clyde Holly and Biloxi
Recorded at B.E.M.S. Studios South El Monte, California
Additional Recording & Mixing at Fictitious Recorders Maui, Hawaii
Digitally Mastered by John Modell at Ocean View Digital, West Los Angeles, California
Cover Art - Glen Design, Edison, NJ
Photography - Ray Torian

Tracklist:

01. Run For Your Life 3:25
02. Angel 3:36
03. Mississippi Queen 3:47 Cover: Mountain
04. Don't Cry No More 4:31
05. Out Too Late 4:13
06. Livin' Time 3:48
07. Show Me the Way 4:21
08. Magic 4:11
09. Dancin' 4:06
10. Somewhere in the Night 3:36
11. Here and Now 4:33

+ Video "Don't Cry No More" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1993 / NEWS 1993"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní