Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1993
Style : Melodic Hard Rock, Christian Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 118 mb

Bio:

Christian Hard Rock group that put out a CD called "In Pursuit" about 1993/1994 on the label "SALT Inc Music." This Chase was made up of Scott Lowmaster (Rhythm Guitar and Lead Vocals), Virgil Burdic (Lead Guitar and Vocals), Ron Chase (Bass Guitar) and Jay Corey (Drums).

Album:

This is the debut album by the Christian band Chase, taking their name from their bass player Ron Chase. From the upstate New York area, these guys make a deliberate attempt to strike at the heart of the arena rock market, and they do so admirably. I was so smitten by some of these songs, containing a full sound, smooth harmonic vocals, with some sonic guitar work. For comparisons sake, take *Idle Cure* (debut album),*Legend*, the late 80's style of *Def Leppard* and add a dose of other arena bands such as early *Bon Jovi* and *Ratt*, and this is what you'll end up with. I've read varying reports of this album in the past, some slagging it, some heaping praise on it. IMHO it's definitely on the upper side of quality, and the man in charge of production is none other than Bill Baumgart, who's worked previously with *Idle Cure* as well as *Liaison*. Keeping their Christian faith to the forefront, the songs are focused on relationships .. good and bad, but they do it over the backdrop of some rather impressive melodic rock.If we take a listen to the songs, the opening track 'Keeping My Mind' gives us a perfect demonstration of their melodic style, backing vocals so strong and harmonic, finishing with some stirring guitar solo's.'Love Is The Reason' and 'Don't Shut Me Out' are also powerful anthemic rockers, with those killer harmony vocals kicking in again. They take a pomp approach with 'Have You Got Some Time' and though keyboards play a part in the intro, 'Til The End Of Time' is typical 80's style L.A rock a la *Ratt*. 'You Will Be The One' is by far their purest attempt at AOR, containing a killer chorus, surging verses and an excellent guitar solo. I think you'll be impressed with this one. You'd also think that a band operating in this style that their ballads would be awesome. Not so. In particular 'In Your Arms' and 'I Am Missing You' though good for the quality, just lacks for something, not quite sure.. perhaps a slight edge is missing.Baumgart manages to temper the production, neither overproduced nor stripped back, and keeps the mix full at all times.Another case of a one off effort, with nothing following on from this effort unfortunately.Definitely worth tracking down.

Line-Up:

Scott Lowmaster - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
Virgil Burdick - lead guitar, vocals
Ron Chase - bass (Ex-NAZCA, PHOENIX, DISCIPLE, HYDROPLANE)
Jay Corey - drums

Tracklist:

01. Keeping My Mind 4:48
02. Spectrum of Emotion 4:11
03. I Am Living You 4:23
04. Love Is the Reason 5:14
05. Don't Shut Me Out 4:22
06. Have You Got Some Time? 4:33
07. Get It Right 4:46
08. In Your Arms 4:19
09. Til the End of Time 4:25
10. You Will Be the One 4:20

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1993 / NEWS 1993"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní