Sic Vikki - Kiss Me In French (Japan Edition) (1993)

hudební novinky 1993 / music news 1993
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Feb 2021, 09:40

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1993 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 100 mb

Bio:

A Philadelphia based band that created one of the best rock albums in the 90’s with the writing and producing help of Steve Plunkett(Autograph).The band was formed in 1985.The band underwent many member changes and by the time we released a CD, no original member was left. However, the music kept improving as did the songwriting and skill level.The members of the band are from the Philadelphia area. The CD line up was Richie Cox - Vocal, Bobby Enloe - Guitar, Steve Salter - Drums, Pat Schumaker - Bass, and Tony Annunziata - Keyboard.Our first CD (Kiss Me In French) was very produced and sounded similar to big arena rock acts like Def Leppard and Poison. Our second CD was during the grunge era and had a bit more of a raw rock sound, similar to The Gin Blossoms.First gig with the band was at The Dutch Club in a terrible part of Philadelphia. It was a small venue, a hall that we rented. We sold tickets to cover the cost of the space, and we sold out the show. It turned out to be a great gig.The last gig we played was at a place called The Cellblock in Philadelphia. We would sell out the place all the time. It was a great club before it burned down.Although we all wrote parts to the songs, I (Richie) was the main writer for the band in the later years. The early years it was the guitarist, Joe Seabe, who wrote most of the words and music.Most of our songs are about relationships, sex, heartbreak, and we even have some politically based songs.Our first album was “Kiss Me In French” released in 1993 on Polystar Records in Asia, and on Koch and Blue Martin Records in Europe.Our second album, “Streetside Picasso” was released in 1995.

Album:

K-tel International AG in association with band leader Richard Cox are reissuing for the first time global, the first two SIC VIKKI albums. “Kiss Me In French” is their bombastic debut CD, regarded as one of the best Melodic Hard Rock records appeared during the Nineties.Produced by talented Steve Plunkett (Autograph vocalist) who also co-wrote most the songs, “Kiss Me In French” (1993) is perhaps the last great Melodic Hard Rock albums released in North America during the ’90s.Take the best of Danger Danger, Warrant, Winger, Kane Roberts (and of course, Autograph) and put it into the mix with a top notch polished production and you have “Kiss Me In French”.Anthems arrive with title track ‘Kiss Me In French’ and ‘Tough Enough’, then ‘Baby Talks Dirty’ moves into the Autograph party-like catchiness. There’s a classy hair metal power ballad in ‘You Make Me Bleed’, and if you need harmony vocals / gang choruses galore check ‘Tie Me Up’.For a midtempo killer AOR ‘Her Body Compliments The Beat’ offers a sexy rhythm, and things are spiced close to hard rock with ‘I Don’t Want Nobody But Yours’.‘Stop Breakin’ My Broken Heart’ has some early Bon Jovi complete with keyboards, then ‘Cry’ is that classic kind of acoustically filled melodic rocker part ballad which close the album.“Kiss Me In French” has become some kind of cult classic and deservedly so. It’s plenty of catchy melodic rock / hook-driven hair metal / AOR songs, excellent vocals and an out of this world production sound.Indeed, this is one the best produced records in the genre’s history with that glossy, big, bombastic uber-polished treatment akin Bad English, Damn Yankees, Wall Of Silence… you know what I mean.A very welcomed reissue from Sic Vikki, a band that despite its US origin their albums never were released in America before.A MUST HAVE in your melodic rock collection.

Line-Up:

Rich Kox – lead vocals, guitar
Bobby Enloe – lead guitar
Pat Schumaker – bass
Tony Annunziata – keyboards
Steve Salter – drums

production:

Engineer – Jussi Tegelman, Tom Weir
Executive-Producer – Billy Meshel
Liner Notes [解説] – 増田勇一*
Mastered By – Stephen Marcussen
Producer – Steve Plunkett

Tracklist:

01. Kiss Me In French
02. Tough Enough
03. Baby Talks Dirty
04. You Make Me Bleed
05. Tie Me Up
06. Her Body Compliments The Beat
07. I Don’t Want No Body But Yours
08. Damage Is Done
09. Stop Breakin’ My Broken Heart
10. Cry

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1993 / NEWS 1993"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný