Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 114 mb

Bio:

Melodic rock band originating from Sydney Australia. A bit raw around the edges but for this effort 'Body Language' they've definitely got the big dollars onboard to help them smooth over those rough edges and come up with a brilliant slab of music. The history of this outfit is not well known, but one can assume that a typical Aussie upbringing for a budding rock band is learning how to play AC/DC or Cold Chisel songs at parties drinking heaps of Tooheys. De Mont, for what it's worth could probably do that standing on their heads, but in reality their sound on this album is in the same territory as Pseudo Echo's 'Race' album from 1988. With Craig Morrison they've got a singer who swings in the same direction as ex Boss and BB Steal singer Craig Csongrady, while the real ace in the hole is keyboardist Peter James, who provides the delicate touches which lift this band from average to excellent. His keyboard work has a lot of similarities to Pseudo Echo's James Leigh, with neat little arpeggios and keyboard runs throughout. Combining this with Mandryk's melodic guitar attack and the ensuing result is very good, and well produced.

Album:

There are many highlights on this album, including the rather awesome pairing of 'Close To The Edge' and 'Strange World'. The fast paced party attack of 'In My Dreams' and the vivid description of 'Wild Boys' are as entertaining as their titles suggest. 'So Easy' is a slower piece, which shows a different side to De Mont, where they are just as comfortable doing a soaring radio oriented ballad as they are rockin' their asses off. The big chants appear on 'I Want Your Body' while the sexual innuendo continues on the last track 'Sex Attention', with James peeling off some massive keyboard brass parps just for the hell of it.De Mont did release another album, the part live/studio effort called 'R.I.P.P.E.D' which was nowhere near as good as this one, and is as rare as anything to track down. Not sure what everyone else is doing nowadays, though Terry Mandryk is currently involved in a Sydney three-piece pop band called Good People. Read the interview with Terry Mandryk over in our Interviews section, circa June 2001.

Line Up:

Craig Morrison (vocals)
Rod Wilner (drums) (Ex-Platinum Brunette)
Terry Mandryk (guitar)
Grant Bryne (bass)
Peter James (keys, guitar)

Produced by: Peter Dawkins, David Hemming
Engineered by: David Hemming

Tracklist:

01. Move On You
02. I Want Your Body
03. Wild Boy
04. So Easy
05. In My Dreams
06. Close To The Edge
07. Strange World
08. Shake It Up
09. Too Late
10. Sex Attention

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1989 / NEWS 1989"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných