Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989
Style : Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Benny Mardones is an American pop singer and songwriter who is best known for his hit single "Into the Night",which hit the Top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart twice, in 1980 and again in 1989.Due to the success of "Into the Night," Curb Records signed Mardones and he recorded "Into the Night '89." The track appeared on his self-titled release (known as the "Blue Album" by his fans.) Not long after that, Mardones appeared on a Showtime tribute to Roy Orbison, alongside such luminaries as Bob Dylan, John Fogerty, Johnny Cash and k.d. lang. Elvis Presley's band was the house band for the evening. When Mardones came on stage to sing "Running Scared," few people knew his name, but when he finished the song, he received a standing ovation.Even though his lone hit charted twice, Mardones is still considered a "one-hit wonder." He continues to have a substantial fan following in Syracuse, New York with his band, the Hurricanes. Several of his songs ("Into The Night" and several others) have remained since their original release in rotation on radio station 95X and several other rock music stations in the Central New York area.Mardones began his career as a songwriter. He has written songs for people like Brenda Lee and Chubby Checker. He used to demo the songs he wrote and Tommy Mottola suggested that he record his own songs. Since that time he has written and recorded over 100 songs."Into the Night" is one of the few songs to have charted twice on Billboard, in 1980 and again in 1989. In 1989, KZZP, a radio station in Arizona, ran a segment titled "Where Are They Now?" The most popular question was "Whatever happened to the guy who sang 'Into the Night'?" Scott Shannon, then program director for Pirate Radio in Los Angeles, added "Into the Night" to its playlist. Radio stations across the country followed suit and "Into the Night" was once again a hit. Mardones was 33 years old when the song became a hit for the first time and he still lives quite well on the royalties.

Album:

Benny Mardones is the fourth studio album from American rock and pop singer Benny Mardones, released in 1989. It was Mardones' first release since the 1981 album Too Much to Lose after battling personal issues such as a drug addiction.The album was Mardones' first of two albums for Curb Records. The album was recorded and released after the successful re-issue of Mardones' 1980 hit song "Into the Night".In 1989, a Where Are They Now? Arizona radio segment spurred Los Angeles DJ Scott Shannon to add the "Into the Night" song to his playlist, ultimately rocketing the song back onto the national charts, on May 6, 1989. Mardones' recording peaked this time at #20 the first week in July (the original 1980 issue peaked at #11), adding 17 weeks to its previous run of 20, to add up to a total of 37 (non consecutive) weeks, breaking the record set by Laura Branigan with her single "Gloria", which charted for 36 (consecutive) weeks from July 1982 to March 1983, for the longest-charting single of the 1980s by a solo artist.Curb Records quickly signed Mardones to their label, where he re-recorded "Into the Night", and a full album of new material soon followed. The self-titled album, or "the blue album" as referred by Mardones' fans was released to little success, as Curb was best known for being a country label and was not able to capitalize on the success of the "Into the Night" re-issue.The album had announced the return of Joel Diamond as Mardones' manager. Originally, Diamond was the first man to give Mardones' a job in the music industry and got him to start writing songs.Diamond was the album's executive producer.For the album, Mardones mainly wrote the tracks with Mark Mangold and Duane Evans, whilst "Never Far Away" was written between Mardones, Mangold and Al Frisch. "I'll Be Good to You" was written by Mark Spiro and Steve Kipner.Evans had previously co-wrote the track "Sheila C." from Mardones' 1981 album Too Much to Lose."How Could You Love Me" would later be re-recorded for Mardones' 1995 album Stand By Your Man and his 2002 album A Journey Through Time.The album remains available on CD to date, whilst it was originally released on CD and now out-of-print vinyl.Benny Mardones was only released in America as well as becoming Mardones' first album to be released in Europe.Curb Records released the 1989 version of "Into the Night" as a single, which was backed by the album track "If You Loved Me" as the b-side.Three promotional singles were released in total, each one being an attempt at getting radio play to capitalize on the success of "Into the Night". One was "I Never Really Loved You at All", which was backed by the album track "How Could You Love Me, whilst another promotional single featured "For a Little Ride" as the main track, and two other album tracks, "We've Got To Run" and "Close to the Flame".The other promotional single was the one track release "I'll Be Good To You".Mike DeGagne of Allmusic.com wrote: "Benny Mardones' self titled 1989 album contains a newly recorded version of "Into the Night," a ballad built around his soothing voice and a late-night piano sound. The newer version has a more seductive feel to it and is truly the strongest tune out of the album's ten-song assortment, which are all meek love songs backed by hollow guitar and keyboards. Songs like "I'll Be Good to You" and "How Could You Love Me" can be compared to Jack Wagner's "All I Need" or Glenn Frey's "The One You Love," but Mardones' efforts carry even less merit. Mardones' voice does come off as enchanting and smooth, carrying highs and beefing up the choruses with grace. All the ballads sound similar and could have been colored with some bulkier lyrics or even some tempo changes."

Line Up:

Benny Mardones - Composer, Arranger, Liner Notes, Primary Artist, Producer, Vocals, Background Vocals
Michael Lloyd - Producer, Arranger, Drums, Mixing, Programming, Synthesizer
Joel Diamond - Executive Producer
Duane Evans - Arranger, Composer, Guitar, Keyboards, Multi-Instruments, Piano, Producer, Background Vocals
Mark Mangold - Arranger, Composer, Drums, Keyboards, Producer, Synthesizer
Al Fritsch - Composer, Guitar, Background Vocals
Steve Kipner - Composer
Mark Spiro - Composer
Robert Tepper - Composer
Ron Bloom - Guitar
Michael Thompson - Guitar
Dave Amato - Guitar, Background Vocals
Claude Gaudette - Keyboards
Bobby Martin - Organ, Hammond Organ, Saxophone
Dennis Belfield - Bass
John Peirce - Bass
Alex Acuña - Percussion
Ron Krasinski - Drums
Jeff Porcaro - Drums
Gary Falcone - Background Vocals

Tracklist:

01. "I Never Really Loved You at All" Benny Mardones, Mark Mangold 4:28
02. "For a Little Ride" Mardones, Mangold 3:43
03. "How Could You Love Me" Mardones, Duane Evans 4:47
04. "Into the Night" Mardones, Robert Tepper 4:22
05. "We've Got to Run" Mardones, Evans 4:40
06. "I'll Be Good to You" Mark Spiro, Steve Kipner 4:03
07. "If You Loved Me" Mardones, Evans 4:09
08. "Never Far Away" Al Frisch, Mardones, Mangold 3:57
09. "Close to the Flame" Mardones, Mangold 4:56
10. "Run to You" Mardones, Evans 4:13

+ Video "Into the Night" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1989 / NEWS 1989"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní