Ask A Stranger - Stranger Things Have Happened (1991)

hudební novinky 1991 / music news 1991
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Sep 2023, 10:39

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 93 mb

Bio:

Band from PA, United States.ASK A STRANGER consisting of members; Dave Hawk (keyboards/guitar), David H. L. Buzard (guitar), Mike "Haig" Hagan (bass), Willie Bauer (drums) would first release their debut ‘Stranger Things Have Happened’ back in 1991.It is the multiple talents of Ask A Stranger’s musicians that make this repertoire possible. Whether.it’s a multi-keyboard synthesizer creation, or a larger than life guitar track, this band is never limited by instrumentation whatever the arrangement, ASK A STRANGER has the players.In the early 1990s, the tone of popular music was changing towards a more alternative direction. Melodic rock and hair bands were finding it difficult to stay relevant in the shifting musical arena.Against all odds, Pennsylvania’s ASK A STRANGER would self-release a solid melodic rock AOR album doused in pomp and full of beautiful harmonies and deep hooks that would keep pulling in the listener.“What a polished and professional CD from ASK A STRANGER. I was overwhelmed with the overall production and the talent behind the band.”- Cris Winter, Musical Director at WDVE.ASK A STRANGER would go on to play shows in their region, see much local support with airplay, press, and sell more than 1,000 copies of ‘Stranger Things Have Happened”.Twenty-five years after the release, ‘Stranger Things Have Happened” will get a re-mastered re-issue with all the H&H Records treatment you have come to expect with photos, essay, complete lyrics, and more. The release will be limited to a 500 pressing worldwide. The release is scheduled for a September 2017 release.

Album:

Great debut and also last album.For fans of Toto, Survivor, Mr. Mister, Streets, Franke & The Knocks, Crack the Sky, & Yes.Every track is great.Excellent vocals that are a mix of Johnny Wayne (SingSing) and Jimi Jamison (Survivor). Fantastic backing vocals. A mix of lite and uptempo material. Track 6 is a bit different, but very good nonetheless. A few times you can hear The Cauze in both the keyboards and style. The other bands I mentioned are only heard in hints, but don't define the sound. Highly recommended. Essential for AOR fans IMO.

Line-Up:

J. Michael Powell - Lead And Background Vocals
Dave Hawk - Keyboards, Guitars, Background Vocals And Lead Vocals on "Lost Its Hold"
David H. L. Buzard - Guitars And Keyboards on "You & I"
Mike "Haig" Hagan - Bass Guitars
Willie Bauer - Drums, Percussion And Background Vocals

+

Tambourine on "Eve Of Destruction" by Rick Witkowski
Additional Keyboards And Background Vocals by Tom Fornoff

Production:

Produced by Ask A Stranger and Gary Smith
Recorded at Studio L, Weirton, WV
Engineered by Rick Witkowski
Mixed by Rick Witkowski, Gary Smith and Ask A Stranger
Photo by Into The Light Studio
Cover Art by Ravengal

Tracklist:

01. Eye Of Destruction 4:10
02. Starlight 4:13
03. Take Me In Your Arms 4:15
04. She Wants Me 4:24
05. How Long 3:52
06. Lost Its Hold 5:17
07. Goin' Down 4:34
08. Institute Song 3:44
09. You & I 4:32

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1991 / NEWS 1991"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 24 neregistrovaných