Contraband - Contraband (Japan Edition) (1991)

hudební novinky 1991 / music news 1991
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 13 Júl 2021, 09:43

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991 (Japan Edition)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 152 mb

Bio:

Contraband was a short-lived supergroup/side project that included members of several famous rock bands from the 1980s, such as Shark Island, McAuley Schenker Group, Ratt, L.A. Guns, and Vixen.Contraband came to be after a Vixen and Ratt unplugged session on MTV.The band released only one self-titled album in 1991 which received lukewarm reviews. The album was a commercial failure and the band disbanded shortly after, while touring with Ratt. The song "Loud Guitars, Fast Cars & Wild, Wild Livin'" was included in the movie If Looks Could Kill soundtrack. In the US, the album charted at number 187. Their cover version of "All the Way from Memphis" appeared on the UK record chart in July 1991."Loud Guitars, Fast Cars & Wild, Wild Livin'" was later covered as "Loud Guitars, Fast Cars & Wild, Wild Women" by Blue Tears later in the early 1990s and released for the 2005 album Dancin' On the Back Streets.

Album:

Former Scorpions and UFO guitarist Michael Schenker was recently interviewed by Ruben Mosqueda for Metal Titans and spoke about the group Contraband which released one self-titled album back in 1991 and also featured Tracii Guns (L.A. Guns) on guitar, Richard Black (Shark Island) on lead vocals, Bobby Blotzer (Ratt) on drums and Share Pedersen (Vixen) on bass.Schenker advised: “I did that when I had time before recording the next album with Robin McAuley. Bobby Blotzer from Ratt was in that band, I was invited to fill in [in Ratt] because Robbin [Crosby] had died. That was a very colorful bunch of guys! [laughs] I had never seen anything like it! [laughs] I was completely straight, so I remember everything! [laughs] I’ve never seen anything like that, that’s all I will say about Ratt! So, I wasn’t doing anything at the time and I was asked if I wanted to be a part of Contraband, I said, “Sure! Why not?! I’m not doing anything else at the moment.” It was unusual, but it was fun. I had fun recording that album and I liked working with [producer] Kevin Beamish. I got on with everyone, there was chemistry, but it was not meant to be. Tracii Guns and Richard Black, didn’t get on with each other there was a fight and it was over.” “Contraband was a short-lived supergroup /side project that included members of several famous rock bands from the 1980s, such as Shark Island, McAuley Schenker Group, Ratt, L.A. Guns, and Vixen.Contraband came to be after a Vixen and Ratt unplugged session on MTV.The band released only one self-titled album in 1991 which received lukewarm reviews. The album was a commercial failure and the band disbanded shortly after, while touring with Ratt. The song “Loud Guitars, Fast Cars & Wild, Wild Livin'” was included in the movie If Looks Could Kill soundtrack. In the US, the album charted at number 187. Their cover version of “All the Way from Memphis” appeared on the UK record chart in July 1991. “Loud Guitars, Fast Cars & Wild, Wild Livin'” was later covered as “Loud Guitars, Fast Cars & Wild, Wild Women” by Blue Tears later in the early 1990s and released for the 2005 album Dancin’ On the Back Streets.”Being a huge schenker fan my goal is to consume and listen to as much of his work as possible.I was looking thru his back catalogue and i found he did this band with Traci guns and Bobby Blotzer,being a fan of la guns and Ratt as well i was naturally intrigued.Now i have habit of reading the liner notes before listening to a cd and i found something interesting and disappointing at the same time.Not a single member of this band had a songwriting credit on the album i was disappointed because these are some of the biggest names in 80 s rock so before i even listened to track 1 i was skeptical.The songs are very good very symbolic of 80 s hard rock espescially the bowie and mott the hoople covers.overall a decent album and a find for anyone s collection it just would ve been nice to hear what kind of songs these two 80 s guitar legends could ve have written together.

Line-Up:

Richard Black (Shark Island) – vocals
Michael Schenker (McAuley Schenker Group) – guitars, backing vocals
Tracii Guns (L.A. Guns) – guitars, backing vocals
Share Pedersen (Vixen) – bass guitar, backing vocals
Bobby Blotzer (Ratt) – drums, backing vocals

+ Additional musician:

Backing Vocals – Kevin Beamish, Richard Black, Spencer Sercombe
Guitar – Spencer Sercombe
Keyboards – Steffen Presley

production:

Art Direction – Gilles Gauthier, Hugh Syme
Coordinator [Product] – Mark Sullivan
Design – Hugh Syme
Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Joe Barresi
Mastered By – Steve Hall
Mixed By – Kevin Beamish, Randy Nicklaus
Music Director – Spencer Sercombe
Photography By – Glen Wexler
Producer [Produced By] – Kevin Beamish, Randy Nicklaus
Recorded By – Kevin Beamish

Tracklist:

01. All the Way from Memphis 4:55
02. Kiss by Kiss 4:19
03. Intimate Outrage 4:57
04. Bad for Each Other 4:28
05. Loud Guitars, Fast Cars, and Wild, Wild Livin' 4:25
06. Good Rockin' Tonight 3:23
07. If This is Love 5:03
08. Stand 4:04
09. Tonight You're Mine 4:42
10. Hang on to Yourself 2:47

+ Video "All the Way from Memphis" (Official Video)
+ Video "Loud Guitars, Fast Cars, and Wild, Wild Livin'" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1991 / NEWS 1991"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní