Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991
Style : Glam Sleaze Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 136 mb

Bio:

Hailing from Great Britain, ADRENALIN KICK was one of the many combos that tried their luck to break through in the early 90's. After all, the LITTLE ANGELS, THUNDER, THE ALMIGHTY and other QUIREBOYS managed to carve out a small slice of success that many musicians must have envied them at the time.Debut album is Bad Reputation (1991).ADRENALIN KICK was a West Midlands British Hard Rock band that underwent a number of changes. ADRENALIN KICK initially feature erstwhile SKELETON SWING frontman Mick Pritchard. The vocalist's colleagues include Darren Richardson, ex-SWEET DECEIT, and Dave Cooke, previously with JEDDAH and WAYWARD ANGEL.The debut album was produced by METALLICA's live sound engineer "big" Mick Hughes. Unfortunately it did not see a British release despite a commendable set of songs and well received club gigs. The band did, however, tour Germany promoting 'Bad Reputation'.ADRENALIN KICK kept the pace and adopted a much heavier stance, although bassist Adre Kania left to be supplanted by former BLOWBACK guitarist Darren Rider. Drummer Mac was superseded by ex-FRENZY drummer Stevie D. and appeared again in 1996 with THE CARDS playing 60's Beat music.A second album, 'Future Visionary', was projected for release on the German label Institute Of Art Records in 1995 but eventually emerged in 1998 on Neat Metal retitled 'Massacre The Mainstream'. Quite bizarrely the band now denied all knowledge of the former release omitting it from band histories, their deceit being so effective that both their manager and record company were fooled too.ADRENALIN KICK supported JUDAS PRIEST in 1998 at Wolverhampton Civic Hall. By 1999 however it was revealed that they had ditched Metal and veered in a Dance orientated direction. A 2001 line-up found Pritchard, now entitled 'MC Preacher D', supported by guitarists Daz Ryder and Dave Cooke, bassist Paul Lloyd and drummer Mark Welch. This unit cut a three track demo 'Equilibrium' before Lloyd was replaced by Si Fielding. Stevie H, of RATTLESNAKE KISS and THE DEAD ENDS, took over on drums.

Album:

Great debut album...amazed to hear they're actually from the UK as they have a very US 80's sleaze/commercial hard rock sound.I'm not saying they sound like Skid Row, but they're of the same vibe as bands like Skid Row, Sven Gali, Alleycat Smile, Shotgun Messiah and the like. Good solid attitude driven hard rock.Adrenalin Kick (that is how they spelled it) was a rarely heard of band that released this hard rocker in 1991, then disbanded after releasing what is generally accepted to be an atrocious follow-up about 6 or 7 years later. While there is nothing exceptionally special about this band, there is also nothing terrible about them or this album. They remind me a bit of a lesser-talented Kik Tracee to some degree. The lead vocalist, Mick Pritchard, is more than competent and is what I call a power-vocalist, using a lower tenor range for most of the tracks. He is not a screamer by any means, nor does he ever get up into the high singing range that a lot of bands employed during this era. The guitar tandem of Kania and Cooke is competent, if not overly flashy, and the rhythm section is generally pretty tight. So why has no one heard of them? Frankly, the songs themselves are nothing overly special and sound like songs you have heard from dozens of other lower-tier bands on several dozen albums. There are flashes of talent, such as on "Cold, Tired, And Hungry", which has a nice hook to it, or on the rocking title track. As far as other good material, "Dehumanize" rocks pretty hard but is not overly memorable. "Beware The Stranger" might be the best track on the disc and has some nice guitar work on it, and I would have liked to hear more songs in this style. "Get Up" is decent, if not spectacular, and "Rough Stuff" is an above average effort as well, but that is about it."Turn Me On" is a rather lame ballad, and "Million Miles" is pure filler material. "All I Want" has potential, again showing some nice guitar flashes, but the lyrics are pretty lame and cliche with no real vocal hook or catchy chorus to help the song along.Should you get this? Well, first off, you are going to have a hard time finding it, as it is on a TINY label. That makes it fairly collectible, so for that reason, I would snag it if you can find it for a good price (sub-$10). It is not a terrible album and you are probably going to find a few tracks you like. It is a decent "mix in" disc that breaks up the monotony of all of your favorites strung back-to-back, but that is about the best it will ever be for me. Adrenalin Kick had potential but they never brought it fully into being, at least on an album. I have heard they had a GREAT live show, however.

Line-Up:

Mick "MC Preacher D" Pritchard - Vocals - See also: ex-Skeleton Swing
Darren Richardson - Bass
Adre Kania - Guitar
Dave Cooke - Guitar - See also: ex-Jeddah, ex-N.E.U.K., ex-Strategy, Wayward Angel
Mac - Drums

Tracklist:

01. De-Humanize
02. She's Got Me Runnin'
03. Get Up
04. Turn Me On
05. Rough Stuff
06. Beware The Stranger
07. Million Miles
08. All I Want
09. Cold, Tired And Hungry
10. Bad Reputation

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1991 / NEWS 1991"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných