Mecca (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Mecca (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 01 Feb 2019, 20:04

Mecca - Mecca (Japan Edition) (2002)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2002 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Project Voyager was born in January of 1999. This was the demo project of Chicago-based singer/songwriter Joe Vana. Joe was a member of Jim Peterik and World Stage at the time and was toying with the idea of getting out the songs he had co-written with Jim. Joe informed his friend and melodicrock.com webmaster Andrew McNeice, and since then Andrew's followed the project all the way through. In 1999 Joe knew he was ready to take the first step.Joe enlisted the help of Mike Aquino. Mike is Vana's guitar teacher and was playing on Joe's demos in addition to writing a lot of material with Joe. Joe then approached Jim Peterik with his idea of doing an album. Peterik agreed to produce, at minimum, the tracks he co-wrote with Vana. Project Voyager was moving forward.Joe contacted friend Fergie Frederiksen to join the mix. "I've always seen myself as a ballad and finesse type of singer," says Vana. "I wanted Fergie to sing the harder-edged numbers I had earmarked for the album." After meeting with Fergie and the investment group, they informed the project's co-producer Jim Peterik that Fergie was in. Project Voyager was moving even faster.Vana met with Jim and they discussed the game plan of who else and where? Where to record the album and who to bring into the band. Joe wanted David Hungate, the legendary bass player of Toto and about every other hit song in the '80s. Jim previously worked with Hungate in Nashville on a song written with producer Joe Thomas and Ides bandmate Larry Millas. The song "That's Why God Made Radio" was coincidentally the first song Joe ever sang with Jim Peterik. Joe contacted David by email (what a wonderful thing) and asked his availability. David agreed. Next JP placed a call to Hungate. David Hungate informed JP that Shannon Forrest had to be the drummer. Shannon was an unknown musician to Vana and Peterik. But if Hungate recommends him, who are we to question? Boy, were they glad they didn't! Jimmy Nichols was next to join Mecca's line-up. Nichols played on JP's debut World Stage album and has been a longtime friend of JP's. The studio? The Sound Kitchen in Nashville based on its remarkable capabilities and drum rooms.During this time Joe was finishing up vocals for an album on the Long Hill Entertainment label. Soon afterwards Peterik and Vana started writing more intently and Jim laid out the beginnings of a song called "Mecca." Joe loved it and they worked together to finish the song within a two-hour timeframe. Songs entitled "Silence of the Heart" and "Without You" soon followed. Vana adds, "Songwriting with Jim Peterik is so easy. He is open to ideas and different arrangements. I thought it would be hard to get the arrangements on certain songs the way I envisioned them. But Jim was real open to change. I am a sucker for breakdowns and wanted a lot of them. We got 'em." Vana further explains, "Jim also helped on songs I wrote with Jason Deroche about a year prior. I wrote those during a trying period. But Jim helped me lyrically pull the emotion through these songs. And his musical ideas and arrangements were breathtaking." Peterik and Vana discussed calling the band Mecca instead of Project Voyager. It was done. With Jim now producing the whole album and the band's team mates established, the recording process was right around the corner.Look out Nashville, here comes Mecca…

Album:

2002 debut album for melodic rock act inspired by Toto, Survivor & Foreigner. Ten tracks written by the band & Survivor singer/songwriter/guitarist/keyboardist Jim Peterik who also produced.This is quite strong pure AOR album which sounds as the TOTO#2.Of course, this music intended for those who adore soft rock. No chance for thumb up here if you are a strict metalhead. Mostly Mecca is close to Toto/Journey in thank of the famous man, Fergie Frederiksen, I think he set the atmosphere of the release. Let's no forget who is producing this stuff, Jim Peterik. But not only stars can do good melodic rock. Another guy who made the vocals was Joe Vana, or JV if short. This is a real diamond, indeed. His voice is fantastic soulful and exciting, especially in slow-tempo numbers, you should listen 'Silence of the Heart'. Musicwise it is not an album of big hooks or big surprises. What's on offer? Not too much, just high quality and very TOTO-ish AOR with some interesting vocal and guitar parts. Besides, the material are uneven, I don't like the opener 'Velocitized' track for instance. As a conclusion-not masterpiece, but definitely a nice addition in your melodic rock collection.

Line Up:

Joe Vana - lead vocals
Fergie Frederiksen - lead vocals
Mike Aquino - guitars
David Hungate - bass
Shannon Forrest - drums, percussion
Jimmy Nichols - keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Velocitized
02. Without You
03. Can't Stop Love
04. Silence of the Heart
05. You Still Shock Me
06. Mecca
07. Wishing Well
08. Close that Gap
09. Blinded by Emotion
10. Falling Down
11. Mischievous (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Mecca (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Feb 2022, 06:41

Mecca - 3 (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Size : 105 mb

Bio:

Project Voyager was born in January of 1999. This was the demo project of Chicago-based singer/songwriter Joe Vana. Joe was a member of Jim Peterik and World Stage at the time and was toying with the idea of getting out the songs he had co-written with Jim. Joe informed his friend and melodicrock.com webmaster Andrew McNeice, and since then Andrew's followed the project all the way through. In 1999 Joe knew he was ready to take the first step.Joe enlisted the help of Mike Aquino. Mike is Vana's guitar teacher and was playing on Joe's demos in addition to writing a lot of material with Joe. Joe then approached Jim Peterik with his idea of doing an album. Peterik agreed to produce, at minimum, the tracks he co-wrote with Vana. Project Voyager was moving forward.Joe contacted friend Fergie Frederiksen to join the mix. "I've always seen myself as a ballad and finesse type of singer," says Vana. "I wanted Fergie to sing the harder-edged numbers I had earmarked for the album." After meeting with Fergie and the investment group, they informed the project's co-producer Jim Peterik that Fergie was in. Project Voyager was moving even faster.Vana met with Jim and they discussed the game plan of who else and where? Where to record the album and who to bring into the band. Joe wanted David Hungate, the legendary bass player of Toto and about every other hit song in the '80s. Jim previously worked with Hungate in Nashville on a song written with producer Joe Thomas and Ides bandmate Larry Millas. The song "That's Why God Made Radio" was coincidentally the first song Joe ever sang with Jim Peterik. Joe contacted David by email (what a wonderful thing) and asked his availability. David agreed. Next JP placed a call to Hungate. David Hungate informed JP that Shannon Forrest had to be the drummer. Shannon was an unknown musician to Vana and Peterik. But if Hungate recommends him, who are we to question? Boy, were they glad they didn't! Jimmy Nichols was next to join Mecca's line-up. Nichols played on JP's debut World Stage album and has been a longtime friend of JP's. The studio? The Sound Kitchen in Nashville based on its remarkable capabilities and drum rooms.During this time Joe was finishing up vocals for an album on the Long Hill Entertainment label. Soon afterwards Peterik and Vana started writing more intently and Jim laid out the beginnings of a song called "Mecca." Joe loved it and they worked together to finish the song within a two-hour timeframe. Songs entitled "Silence of the Heart" and "Without You" soon followed. Vana adds, "Songwriting with Jim Peterik is so easy. He is open to ideas and different arrangements. I thought it would be hard to get the arrangements on certain songs the way I envisioned them. But Jim was real open to change. I am a sucker for breakdowns and wanted a lot of them. We got 'em." Vana further explains, "Jim also helped on songs I wrote with Jason Deroche about a year prior. I wrote those during a trying period. But Jim helped me lyrically pull the emotion through these songs. And his musical ideas and arrangements were breathtaking." Peterik and Vana discussed calling the band Mecca instead of Project Voyager. It was done. With Jim now producing the whole album and the band's team mates established, the recording process was right around the corner.Look out Nashville, here comes Mecca…

Album:

MelodicRock Records is proud and excited to announce a partnership with MECCA to release their monumental new album Mecca 3 on October 14. Records like this don't come along very often. At least not in 2016 they don't. But this is one for the ages. Mecca will now find themselves sitting alongside genre classics from Toto, Mr. Mister, Survivor, Giant and Journey to name a few. Recorded over the last 3 years in Nashville, this is a record that would have topped AOR charts back in the day. Make no mistake - this is a classic. MRR's Andrew McNeice: "Joe has been a friend of mine since 1996 and I've seen him develop into one of the most reliable and mature songwriters in this game. On Mecca III he takes everything that came before as a launching pad for what must come next and Mecca III delivers. This is a monster record that is layers deep in rich textures that remain fresh to my ears even after first receiving the original writers' demos some 3 years ago. I'm so proud of my friend and I'm honoured to be given the chance to bring this exceptional album to the world. The instrumentation is nothing short of world class, the production is analogue all the way - you can hear it in every crisp, clear note. And the vocals are quite simply the most stunning and emotion filled tones that I have ever heard from Joe. I simply cannot wait to hear fan reactions to this album. It's a masterpiece." Joe Vana is equally as excited to finally reveal his masterpiece to the world. "Mecca III, here we are! I wanted to take all I had learned from the amazing list of players involved in Mecca up to this point...from Shannon Forrest to Pat Mastelotto...David Hungate to Tony Levin...Mike Aquino to Christian Wolff and my son Joey...and the production I learned over many years working closely with Jim Peterik on his songs as well as Mecca 1. But...I wanted even more...I wanted A TRUE Audiophile record...not a pro-tooled, over edited mess of 100 takes edited into one...and the groove less, lifeless carcass that playing to the grid creates, the ruination of vibe, groove and soul in music. I hope everyone digs the record....it's 8 tracks because that's all I needed to tell the story I wanted to convey...lyrically the record flows...All are separate but continuous chapters...vocally the songs even feel different as I move through different phases of my life." And what does Toto's Steve Lukather think about it? "Killer new music! Great songs! Great playing from everyone...and Joe's vocals are better than ever! Smooth, real and soulful. I love the 'surprise modulations' that are now his style which make this a great listen for fans of his and the entire genre of melodic rock music. Creative arrangements throughout and I love the synth/keyboard work. David Hungate is amazing as is Shannon Forrest on drums and production. Great sounds + killer guitars all over it! Can't say what is my fave yet cause I love all of it. Summing it up in 3 words...Well f-ing done!" Luke - 2016. The album was produced by new Toto drummer Shannon Forrest (Tim McGraw, Michael McDonald, Kenny Rogers, Don Henley), Associate Produced by Joey Vana and Recorded at Off The Grid Studios, Nashville Tennessee. Alongside drummer Shannon Forrest, featured on the album are some of Nashville's very finest musicians: Tim Akers - B3 and Piano (Rascal Flatts, Amy Grant, Kid Rock, Alabama); Toto's legendary bass man David Hungate; plus David Browning (Katy Perry, Amy Grant, Hollywood Heroes). Track listing: Take My Hand; Unknown; Alone; Gone; Cry; A Kiss On The Wind; Let It Go; Believe

Line Up:

Joe Vana - Lead Vocals
Shannon Forrest - Drums and Percussion
David Hungate - Bass
Tim Akers - B3 and Piano, Background Vocals
David Browning - Synths
Joey Vana - Guitars
Mark Baldwin - Guitar

With:

Sol Philcox-Littlefield - Additional Guitars
Ethan Forrest - Additional Guitars
Rudy Chmelik - Add. Perc. on "Believe"
Bill Syniar - Vibe

Produced By: Shannon Forrest
Associate Producer: Joey Vana

Tracklist:

01. Take My Hand
02. Unknown
03. Alone
04. Gone
05. Cry
06. A Kiss On The Wind
07. Let It Go
08. Believe

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Feb 2022, 06:44

Mecca - The Demos (2CD) (Limited Edition) (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Size : 345 mb

Bio:

MelodicRock Records is proud and excited to announce a partnership with MECCA to release their monumental new album Mecca 3 on October 14. Records like this don't come along very often. At least not in 2016 they don't. But this is one for the ages. Mecca will now find themselves sitting alongside genre classics from Toto, Mr. Mister, Survivor, Giant and Journey to name a few. Recorded over the last 3 years in Nashville, this is a record that would have topped AOR charts back in the day. Make no mistake - this is a classic. MRR's Andrew McNeice: "Joe has been a friend of mine since 1996 and I've seen him develop into one of the most reliable and mature songwriters in this game. On Mecca III he takes everything that came before as a launching pad for what must come next and Mecca III delivers. This is a monster record that is layers deep in rich textures that remain fresh to my ears even after first receiving the original writers' demos some 3 years ago. I'm so proud of my friend and I'm honoured to be given the chance to bring this exceptional album to the world. The instrumentation is nothing short of world class, the production is analogue all the way - you can hear it in every crisp, clear note. And the vocals are quite simply the most stunning and emotion filled tones that I have ever heard from Joe. I simply cannot wait to hear fan reactions to this album. It's a masterpiece." Joe Vana is equally as excited to finally reveal his masterpiece to the world. "Mecca III, here we are! I wanted to take all I had learned from the amazing list of players involved in Mecca up to this point...from Shannon Forrest to Pat Mastelotto...David Hungate to Tony Levin...Mike Aquino to Christian Wolff and my son Joey...and the production I learned over many years working closely with Jim Peterik on his songs as well as Mecca 1. But...I wanted even more...I wanted A TRUE Audiophile record...not a pro-tooled, over edited mess of 100 takes edited into one...and the groove less, lifeless carcass that playing to the grid creates, the ruination of vibe, groove and soul in music. I hope everyone digs the record....it's 8 tracks because that's all I needed to tell the story I wanted to convey...lyrically the record flows...All are separate but continuous chapters...vocally the songs even feel different as I move through different phases of my life." And what does Toto's Steve Lukather think about it? "Killer new music! Great songs! Great playing from everyone...and Joe's vocals are better than ever! Smooth, real and soulful. I love the 'surprise modulations' that are now his style which make this a great listen for fans of his and the entire genre of melodic rock music. Creative arrangements throughout and I love the synth/keyboard work. David Hungate is amazing as is Shannon Forrest on drums and production. Great sounds + killer guitars all over it! Can't say what is my fave yet cause I love all of it. Summing it up in 3 words...Well f-ing done!" Luke - 2016. The album was produced by new Toto drummer Shannon Forrest (Tim McGraw, Michael McDonald, Kenny Rogers, Don Henley), Associate Produced by Joey Vana and Recorded at Off The Grid Studios, Nashville Tennessee. Alongside drummer Shannon Forrest, featured on the album are some of Nashville's very finest musicians: Tim Akers - B3 and Piano (Rascal Flatts, Amy Grant, Kid Rock, Alabama); Toto's legendary bass man David Hungate; plus David Browning (Katy Perry, Amy Grant, Hollywood Heroes). Track listing: Take My Hand; Unknown; Alone; Gone; Cry; A Kiss On The Wind; Let It Go; Believe.

Album:

The name Mecca is synonymous with quality AOR and melodic rock. Each of the 3 albums released to date have been crafted over several years, with each song racking up a seriously impressive number of demos, alternative versions, rewrites and remixes before being labelled “done”. So, while we wait for a new set of songs to go through that lengthy process, Joe Vana has given MelodicRock Records the green light to delve back into the many folders of Mecca music that has built up since the 2002 debut, to bring you a very cool limited edition release: “The Demos”. But these aren’t any old demos, these are still of the highest quality and represent a rare insight into the recording process all artists go through.Mecca “The Demos” will feature songs from all three Mecca albums, plus the songs exclusively featured on several past MRCD compilations and several others that have never previously been released. Fans will hear songs you thought you knew, but with alternative lyrics or chorus hooks, plus work-in-progress home recordings, alternative mixes and even a couple of guest vocalists lending a hand.“The Demos” will be restricted to 1,000 units only. Joe Vana has asked that I make a digital download of this set available for free to all that purchased any of the Mecca 3 T-shirt and/or LP packs. Mecca 3 LP refunds are currently being discussed after plans to manufacture have been scrapped after multiple attempts to get quality units produced efficiently and economically. As a continuing gesture by Joe to get all of his fans squared away, he has asked that those few fans that still haven't received a refund and all those that ordered the Fan Pack get the free download ... and this will be expanded to free downloads of Mecca IV (in the works) and other exciting projects slated for 2018 release.

Line Up:

Joe Vana - Lead Vocals
Shannon Forrest - Drums and Percussion
David Hungate - Bass
Tim Akers - B3 and Piano, Background Vocals
David Browning - Synths
Joey Vana - Guitars
Mark Baldwin - Guitar

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Blinded By Emotion (Rough Mix Feat. Fergie Frederiksen, Vocals) 05:36
02. I Know (Demo Feat. Christian Wolff, Guitar) 04:11
03. How Many Times (Original Demo) 04:47
04. Life's Too Short (Demo Feat. Thom Griffin, Backing Vocals) 04:21
05. Say The Word (2010 Demo) 03:47
06. The One (2006 Demo) 05:08
07. Morning Light (Original Demo of ‘I Believe’) 04:26
08. Set Me Free (Original Demo of ‘Cry’) 04:31
09. Since I Found You (2011 Writing Demo) 04:14
10. Wire 2 Wire (Inst. Demo) 04:52
11. Can't Stop Love (Rough Mix Feat. Fergie Frederiksen, Vocals) 05:36
12. From The Start (2011 Demo) 05:12
13. Unknown (Chorus Overdub Demo) 04:30
14. Time Spent (2013 Demo) 04:17
15. Pamela (2012 Final Demo) 05:34
16. It's On Us (2012 Inst, Demo) 04:13
17. Without You (2002 Inst. Live Studio Demo) 04:26

CD2:

01. Take My Hand (2014 Final Demo) 03:15
02. Perfect World (2011 Demo, ‘Joe Mix’) 04:01
03. Ten Lifetimes (Original Demo Feat. Thom Griffin, Backing Vocals) 05:46
04. Alone (2014 Piano Demo) 04:58
05. Mecca (First Take Vocal Demo) 05:34
06. Light (2006 Inst. Demo) 04:13
07. Out Of Love (Original Demo of ‘Alone’) 05:37
08. Down (2012 Scratch Vocal Demo) 04:24
09. Did It For Love (2011 Demo) 05:47
10. Alive (2012 Unreleased Inst.) 04:35
11. Still Falling In Love With You (2006 Unreleased Demo) 03:49
12. Open Your Heart to Me (2005 Unreleased Demo) 04:59
13. Falling Out Of Love (2011 Unreleased Demo) 04:42
14. Wasabi (2011 Unreleased Inst. Demo) 04:11
15. Yesterday (2012 'Mecca 3' Inst. Demo) 03:42
16. Wire To Wire (The ‘Fun’ Inst. Remix) 04:49

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Feb 2022, 06:46

Mecca - 20 Years (3CD) (Digipak Edition) (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Size : 379 mb

Bio:

Album:

Frontiers Records is proud to present “20 Years”, a best of collection assembling the works of Mecca, the classic AOR band started by vocalist Joe Vana.When he was only 13 years old, Joe Vana’s life was forever changed through a chance meeting with Survivor’s Jim Peterik. Jim taught him everything he knew about music and the music business. But, it wasn’t until he was 28 years old that he discovered his voice, which is when he became Peterik’s in-house demo singer for many years. Joe and Jim eventually created a band called Project Voyager, which ultimately morphed into Mecca. In 2002, Mecca released their debut self-titled album, which featured David Hungate (ex-Toto) on bass, Shannon Forrest on drums, Fergie Frederiksen (ex-Toto) and Joe on vocals, Mike Aquino on guitars and Jimmy Nichols on keyboards. “Mecca” created a sonic treasure that was more than well-received by the Melodic Rock/AOR community.Fans had a nine year wait for the follow-up album, but it was worth it. Titled “Undeniable” (2011), it saw Vana working with Swedish guitarist Christian Wolff and producer/songwriter/guitarist Tommy Denander. The results were again breathtaking, an album which perfectly melded the outstanding high-tech AOR approach of Mr. Mister’s “Welcome to the Real World” to the sheer commercial brilliance of Toto’s “The Seventh One”.In 2016, the “III” album finally saw the light of day, a record that would have topped AOR charts back in the glory days of the genre. The list of players involved is impressive: Shannon Forrest (Toto), Pat Mastelotto (Mr Mister, King Crimson), David Hungate (ex-Toto), Tony Levin (Peter Gabriel), Mike Aquino (Pride of Lions), Christian Wolff and Joe's son Joey on guitar. In Toto's Steve Lukather words: "Killer new music! Great songs! Great playing from everyone ... and Joe's vocals are better than ever! Smooth, real and soulful. I love the 'surprise modulations' that are now his style which make this a great listen for fans of his and the entire genre of melodic rock music. Creative arrangements throughout and I love the synth/keyboard work. David Hungate is amazing as is Shannon Forrest on drums and production. Great sounds and killer guitars all over it! Can't say which track is my fave yet, cause I love all of them. Summing it up in 3 words: Well f***ing done!”
Whether for the uninitiated or for those who are due to revisit Mecca, “20 Years” is for you!

Line Up:

Joe Vana : Lead vocals
Fergie Frederiksen : Lead vocals
Mike Aquino : Guitars
David Hungate : Bass Guitar
Shannon Forest : Drums & Percussion
Jimmy Nichols : Keyboards

Tracklist:

CD1: Mecca

01. Velocitized
02. Without You
03. Can't Stop Love
04. Silence Of The Heart
05. You Still Shock Me
06. Mecca
07. Wishing Well
08. Close That Gap
09. Blinded By Emotion
10. Falling Down
11. Miss-chevious (Bonus Track)

CD2: Undeniable

01. Perfect World
02. Closing Time
03. Ten Lifetimes
04. Life's Too Short
05. I Know
06. Did It For Love
07. From The Start
08. Deceptive Cadence
09. W2w
10. Undeniable
11. A s I Walk Alone
12. How Many Times (Bonus Track)

CD3: III

01. Take My Hand
02. Unknown
03. Alone
04. Gone
05. Cry
06. A Kiss On The Wind
07. Let It Go
08. Believe
09. Alone (Re-imagined Version) (Bonus Track)
10. Unknown (Re-imagined Version) (Bonus Track)
11. Know (Demo) (Bonus Track)
12. Ten Lifetimes (Demo) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 13 Apr 2023, 10:09

Mecca - Everlasting (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 104 mb

Bio:

Album:

Frontiers Records is proud to present “Everlasting”, the brand-new studio album from Mecca, the classic AOR band founded by vocalist Joe Vana. "Everlasting" is the first new Mecca album since 2016 and sees Vana returning to the classic AOR style he is known, admired and loved for. When he was only 13 years old, Joe Vana’s life was forever changed through a chance meeting with Survivor’s Jim Peterik. Jim taught him everything he knew about music and the music business, but it wasn’t until he was 28 years old that he discovered his voice, which is when he became Peterik’s in-house demo singer for many years. Joe and Jim eventually created the band Project Voyager, which ultimately morphed into Mecca. In 2002, Mecca released the self-titled debut album, which featured David Hungate (ex-Toto) on bass, Shannon Forrest on drums, Fergie Frederiksen (ex-Toto) & Joe on vocals, Mike Aquino on guitars and Jimmy Nichols on keyboards. “Mecca” created a sonic treasure that was more than well-received by the AOR/MR community. Fans had a nine year wait for the follow-up album, but it was worth it. Titled “Undeniable” (2011), it saw Vana working with Swedish guitarist Christian Wolff and producer/songwriter/guitarist Tommy Denander. The results were again breathtaking, an album which perfectly melded the outstanding high-tech AOR approach of Mr. Mister’s “Welcome To The Real World” to the sheer commercial brilliance of Toto’s “The Seventh One”. In 2016, the “III” album finally saw the light of day, a record that would have topped AOR charts back in the glory days of the genre. The list of players involved is impressive: Shannon Forrest (Toto), Pat Mastelotto (Mr. Mister, King Crimson), David Hungate (ex-Toto), Tony Levin (Peter Gabriel), Mike Aquino (Pride Of Lions), Christian Wolff and Joe's son Joey on guitar. In Toto's Steve Lukather's words: "Killer new music! Great songs! Great playing from everyone ... and Joe's vocals are better than ever! Smooth, real and soulful. I love the 'surprise modulations' that are now his style which make this a great listen for fans of his and the entire genre of melodic rock music. Creative arrangements throughout and I love the synth/keyboard work. David Hungate is amazing as is Shannon Forrest on drums and production. Great sounds and killer guitars all over it! Can't say which track is my fave yet, cause I love all of them. Summing it up in three words: Well f***ing done!” Please join us in welcoming Mr. Joe Vana and Mecca back with their glorious new album, "Everlasting"!

Line Up:

Joe Vana - vocals
Sven Larsson - guitars
Alessandro Del Vecchio - keyboards
Mitia Maccaferri - bass
Mirko De Maio - drums

+ guests:

Tommy Denander
Christopher Börjars
Stefano Lionetti
Vivien Lalu
Stefano Mainini
Pete Alpenborg

Tracklist:

01. And Now The Magic Is Gone
02. The Rules Of The Heart
03. I Won't Walk Away
04. The Mistakes We Make
05. These Times Are For Heroes
06. Your Walls Are Crumbling Down
07. Everlasting
08. Falling
09. Endless Days
10. Living In Fear
11. Your Way

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Jún 2023, 07:19

Mecca - Everlasting (Japan Edition) (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023 (Japan Edition)
Size : 122 mb

Bio:

Album:

Frontiers Records is proud to present “Everlasting”, the brand-new studio album from Mecca, the classic AOR band founded by vocalist Joe Vana. "Everlasting" is the first new Mecca album since 2016 and sees Vana returning to the classic AOR style he is known, admired and loved for. When he was only 13 years old, Joe Vana’s life was forever changed through a chance meeting with Survivor’s Jim Peterik. Jim taught him everything he knew about music and the music business, but it wasn’t until he was 28 years old that he discovered his voice, which is when he became Peterik’s in-house demo singer for many years. Joe and Jim eventually created the band Project Voyager, which ultimately morphed into Mecca. In 2002, Mecca released the self-titled debut album, which featured David Hungate (ex-Toto) on bass, Shannon Forrest on drums, Fergie Frederiksen (ex-Toto) & Joe on vocals, Mike Aquino on guitars and Jimmy Nichols on keyboards. “Mecca” created a sonic treasure that was more than well-received by the AOR/MR community. Fans had a nine year wait for the follow-up album, but it was worth it. Titled “Undeniable” (2011), it saw Vana working with Swedish guitarist Christian Wolff and producer/songwriter/guitarist Tommy Denander. The results were again breathtaking, an album which perfectly melded the outstanding high-tech AOR approach of Mr. Mister’s “Welcome To The Real World” to the sheer commercial brilliance of Toto’s “The Seventh One”. In 2016, the “III” album finally saw the light of day, a record that would have topped AOR charts back in the glory days of the genre. The list of players involved is impressive: Shannon Forrest (Toto), Pat Mastelotto (Mr. Mister, King Crimson), David Hungate (ex-Toto), Tony Levin (Peter Gabriel), Mike Aquino (Pride Of Lions), Christian Wolff and Joe's son Joey on guitar. In Toto's Steve Lukather's words: "Killer new music! Great songs! Great playing from everyone ... and Joe's vocals are better than ever! Smooth, real and soulful. I love the 'surprise modulations' that are now his style which make this a great listen for fans of his and the entire genre of melodic rock music. Creative arrangements throughout and I love the synth/keyboard work. David Hungate is amazing as is Shannon Forrest on drums and production. Great sounds and killer guitars all over it! Can't say which track is my fave yet, cause I love all of them. Summing it up in three words: Well f***ing done!” Please join us in welcoming Mr. Joe Vana and Mecca back with their glorious new album, "Everlasting"!

Line Up:

Joe Vana - vocals
Sven Larsson - guitars
Alessandro Del Vecchio - keyboards
Mitia Maccaferri - bass
Mirko De Maio - drums

+ guests:

Tommy Denander
Christopher Börjars
Stefano Lionetti
Vivien Lalu
Stefano Mainini
Pete Alpenborg

Tracklist:

01. And Now The Magic Is Gone
02. The Rules Of The Heart
03. I Won't Walk Away
04. The Mistakes We Make
05. These Times Are For Heroes
06. Your Walls Are Crumbling Down
07. Everlasting
08. Falling
09. Endless Days
10. Living In Fear
11. Your Way
12. Everlasting (Acoustic Version) (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných