Company Of Wolves - Company Of Wolves (Japan Edition) (1990)

hudební novinky 1990 / music news 1990
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Mar 2021, 11:22

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 179 mb

Bio:

Company of Wolves was formed in 1989 and consisted of New York musicians Kyf Brewer (singer/songwriter, formerly of The Ravyns), Steven Conte (guitar/songwriter, formerly with Glen Burtnick), John Conte (bass/songwriter), and Frankie LaRocka (drums, formerly with Bryan Adams, John Waite, David Johansen).The Wolves were signed to Mercury/Polygram in the same year, and produced three AOR charting singles, (Call of the Wild, The Distance, Hangin¹ By a Thread), with their eponymous debut release in 1990. Rave reviews from every major rock publication followed quickly.The group toured the US relentlessly, sharing bills with everyone from Richard Marx to L.A. Guns, and released two videos to MTV, ³Call of the Wild², and ³The Distance².Company of Wolves² eventually sold over 100,000 units with very little company support, before going out of print in 1993.The group members soon fell into successful solo careers, until in 1998, popular demand convinced them to release ³Shakers & Tamborines², a collection of demo recordings made prior to their industry signing.Year 2001 marked the release of ³Steryl Spycase² on the Ryf imprint. ³Spycase² is the first new music from the writing force of Conte/Brewer/Conte since their debut. It defines their musical backgrounds and tastes, and showed the world that these versatile writers and musicians were more than just a ³hair² band.

Album:

A healthy 25 years ago the paths of COMPANY OF WOLVES and myself crossed for the first time, when I encountered the opening title-track of their debut "Call Of The Wild" on an oft copied, do-it-yourself sampler-tape. I liked it a lot, but lost track of the Americans for many years until one day our paths crossed again in a little second hand shop, where I found "Call Of The Wild".A but rougher Melodic Rock, without keyboards, with a quite interesting and own lead-guitar-sound that has a slight steel-guitar touch to it, that was COMPANY OF WOLVES anno 1990. The already mentioned opening title-track is a prime example for this, very catchy hook, memorable lead-guitar and chorus.After that they unfortunately cannot fully keep up with it, leaning a bit more to the then-standard, in which I could detect some certain CINDERELLA-isms, too, minus the vocals, a bit of FASTER PUSSYCAT and, believe it or not, time and again I get somewhat reminded of - the ROLLING STONES! Yes, call me out of my mind or deaf, but that really is what I hear!Anyways, take the title-track, "Jilted!", "The Distance", das fetzige "Romance On The Rocks" or "Hell's Kitchen" as tracks you should check out, if you A) think you should like the above-mentioned mix and B) encounter the album out there.

Line-Up:

Kyf Brewer - lead vocals, harmonica, piano
Steve Conte - guitars, vocals
John Conte - bass, vocals
Frankie Larocka - drums

Tracklist:

01. Call of the Wild 4:56
02. Hangin' by a Thread 4:10
03. Jilted! 4:18
04. The Distance 4:17
05. Romance on the Rocks 4:01
06. Can't Love Ya, Can't Leave Ya 3:52
07. Hell's Kitchen 5:08
08. St. Jane's Infirmary 4:58
09. My Ship 3:14
10. I Don't Wanna Be Loved 4:51
11. Girl 4:22
12. Everybody's Baby 3:15

+ Video "Call of the Wild" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1990 / NEWS 1990"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných