Clutch - The Weathermaker Vault Series Vol.1 (2020)

hudební novinky 2020 / music news 2020
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 26 Nov 2020, 13:36

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Style : Hard Rock , Stoner Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 158 mb

Bio:

It's the parabolic motion of projectiles. Or, as Isaac Newton stated, what goes up must come down — that is, everything except Clutch.Earth Rocker created an insurmountable peak. But Psychic Warfare has altered laws of physics by elevating the smart songwriting and impressive performances of that last album, setting an even higher benchmark as their now-definitive album to date.The eleventh Clutch studio album Psychic Warfare goes straight for the throat with “X-Ray Visions” and never lets go. Working again with acclaimed producer Machine, this time in Texas, the concise arrangements that made Earth Rocker so assertive is the same harness for the combustible musical energy on Psychic Warfare. Harder, faster... let the rhythm hit 'em.Formed in 1991, the Maryland-based band's ability to absorb different musical styles and fabricate them into a distinct Clutch sound continues to be their forté. “A Quick Death In Texas,” overstocked with signature “Clutch heavy” Tim Sult riffs and lonesome guitar licks, and the funk undercurrent of “Your Love Is Incarceration,” color Psychic Warfare with articulate musicality and comfortable familiarity.The overall intensity of Psychic Warfare would be self-consuming without the pressure valve of a canny rhythm section. Drummer Jean-Paul Gaster and bassist Dan Maines have an intuitive sense of dynamics that gives weight and contrast to the forcefulness of the vocals, steering Clutch into the straightaway out of tight, exhilarating corners.“I listened closely to the rhythm of Neil’s vocals this time around.” Gaster explains. “The rhythms he sings, are very syncopated. It was my goal to articulate these rhythms on the drums while keeping the pulse of the music strong.”Psychic Warfare is cinematic, a soundtrack to the plot of singer Neil Fallon's imagination. The narrative of “The Affidavit” sets the scene for an album of gunslingers, energy weapons, paranoid neurosis, and the occasional three-legged mule. It's an episodic lyrical landscape populated by abstract characterization, nuance, and clever peculiarity.“I spent a lot of time doting over the lyrics,” Fallon says. “It was fun because I have a great luxury that I'm a professional liar — that's what a storyteller is. Or at least that’s what I try to be. It's the one socially acceptable way to completely deceive people, and that's what they want. If you sing it with enough conviction, people won't question it. I just love that escapism, the fantasy aspect of it. And fantasy doesn’t necessarily equate to dragons and wizards. It can be seedy hotel rooms and sketchy hitchhikers."Gaster says the band knowing Earth Rocker was such a high water mark put them in a position of needing to follow up with an exceptional album. “Looking back on the process, one thing that sticks out in my mind is the amount of rehearsal the band put in. We started each pre-production day by writing out a new album sequence and then playing that sequence straight thru as if it were a set list. I think this allowed us to get inside the songs in a way we had not done before. When it came time to record drum tracks, I had a clear idea of how I wanted to play each song."In the past, Clutch consciously made each album conspicuously different from the last one. “We had a sadistic fear of repeating ourselves,” Fallon admits. “But over the last few years, we've realized our strengths and what it is that people like about us. Why deny it? Clutch is Clutch, embrace what you are.”The bar is set higher, laws of physics be damned. Psychic Warfare is the new adventure, and it has no limit.

Album:

Back in the summer of 2019 Clutch started releasing digital only songs under the banner of the “Weathermaker Vault Series”. These songs were covers, Clutch’s own take on some classic rock tunes and some reworkings of their own, vast, back catalogue. This series garnered rave reviews, grew a cult like following online and some of the covers even made it to Clutch’s live set.This November, for the very first time, this collection of songs are getting a physical release on CD and vinyl under the banner 'Weathermaker Vault Series : Volume 1'.The record opens with the very latest tune to be released digitally, a reworking of the bands ‘Passive Restraints’ featuring Randy Blythe of Lamb of God. Whilst Randy adds an aggressive edge to the tune, it is still very much a Clutch number delivering lashings of rock and blues fueled riffs. ‘Electric Worry’ also gets reworked, sans any guest artist. It’s a stripped back version of the Clutch classic, the band having perfected it in the live arena for many years. The guitar has more twang, the drums are stick perfect; holding back when warranted and driving forward at a moments notice. But the song hangs off Fallon’s vocal delivery and at a number of points his voice is the only "instrument" in action. This version is more polished that the original, it’s a different delivery, not better and not worse just a different take on a wonderful tune.As the record moves on the covers kick in. ‘Evil (Is Going On)’ the Willie Dixon cover is first up. The song getting the Clutch make over perfectly. Followed swiftly by ‘Fortunate Son’ – the Credence Clearwater Revival classic. This is the stand out track of the album, Clutch started performing it live last year and it is sheer perfection. A version of the song so good it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end.Pushing the envelope on the record is ‘Algo Ha Cambiado’; a Norberto Napolitano cover. Fallon sings it in Spanish, and he seems to adjust to the language with ease. Another standout is the ZZ Top cover of ‘Precious and Grace’ which to the uninitiated melds into the Clutch sphere as if it was their own song. Highlighting, if anyone needed it, where Clutch so often draw their inspiration from.More of their own reworkings are slipped onto the record with new versions of ‘Run, John Barleycorn, Run‘, ‘Spacegrass’ and the record closed off with ‘Willie Nelson’, reworked from the original version from their ‘Slow Hole To China’ album.In a year that has been a complete stinker and at a time where the UK would be getting ready for that traditional Clutch winter tour, this album is the perfect antidote. Clutch are at their very best, experimenting, covering and reworking some classics in a way only Neil Fallon and the boys could. This band really cannot do anything wrong!

Line Up:

Neil Fallon - Vocals / Guitars
Jean-Paul Gaster - Drums
Dan Maines - Bass
Tim Sult - Guitars

Tracklist:

01. Passive Restraints
02. Electric Worry
03. Run, John Barleycorn, Run
04. Evil
05. Fortunate Son
06. Algo Ha Cambiado
07. Spacegrass
08. Precious And Grace
09. Smoke Banshee
10. Willie Nelson

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2020 / NEWS 2020"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných