Chroming Rose - Louis XIV (1990) (Japan Edition 1995)

hudební novinky 1995 / music news 1995
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Jún 2020, 08:35

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Heavy Metal , Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 161 mb

Bio:

Chroming Rose from Senden, Germany, power metal forged in 1985, brought together vocalist 'Wotan', guitarist Matze Mende, bassist Harry Steiner and drummer Tino Mende. In 1987 'Wotan' was superseded by 'Orä'and the group stabilised for a couple of years before adding second guitarist S.C. Wuller in 1989 and ditched 'Orä' in favour of Gerd Salwski. In 1990 guitarist Matze Mende was the next casualty, departing after the release of the debut album Louis XIV for EMI, and his position was taken by Rikki Rieger.From 1989 to 1994 Chroming Rose caused a sensation with three international successful CDs, released by EMI, Louis XIV, Garden of Eden, Pressure. The result were great live-tours through Europe and even Japan and the United States. The band played together with well known acts like Gotthard, Mr. Big, Saxon, Extreme & White Lion.The band toured as support to Pink Cream 69 and U.D.O. during 1990 and opened for Saxon's German tour the following year; 1991 also seeing the emergence of sophomore effort Garden Of Eden which, like the debut, was produced by Tommy Hansen. The 1992 Pressure album would be produced by Flemming 'Razz' Rasmussen.In 1992 the band undertook its first headline tour of Japan prior to a double headliner of Germany with Swedes Treat. A 1993 German headline tour saw Brazilians Viper supporting. Ex-Chroming Rose's guitarist Uwe Hormann would found Tarot'S Myst.With the new singer Tom Reiners a new age began:In 1994 the group unleashed the live album Artworks Live Now, debuting new vocalist Tom Reiners and a new label in Miez Records, which was only made and dedicated for the fans. 1996 gave birth to Chroming Rose's second album for Miez in New World.This selfproduced "tough and mighty edged piece of a rock-album" was no longer German speedmetal. But also it expressed the melodic power and individuality of Chroming Rose itself.Because of this developement The CD got quite different reviews from both press and audience. But foreign countries reviewed New World unprejudiced: So the CD was released by JVC in Japan and charted at once. The album even was licensed in the U.S., where the resonances toped all expectations. The live-activities of the band in Eastern Europe caused sensations. New World led many reader charts and was "on the air" for several months.The result of the large European live-tour with more than 80 shows and uncountable different promotional activities (self-produced video clip, unplugged-sessions in many music stores and radio stations, etc.) was a constantly growing crowd of fans. Because of these continuous efforts, a cooperation with the international distributor ZYX-Music was realized.The change was executed, the basis for the future fixed.So Insight is the direct and honest result of the consequent work of Chroming Rose.Simultaneous to the CD Insight the band presents the strictly limited edition The Gift. It contains Insight and also the special acoustic-EP Private. It shows another side of Chroming Rose, which more than underlines the many sidedness of the band. Animated by a successful acoustic-tour, Chroming Rose decided to release this CD to proof that rock music can be personal, private and familiar, too.The band disbanded later, during the year 1999.During late 2002 Gerd Salewski guested as backing vocalist on the 'Vengeance Descending' album from Swedish band Crystal Eyes.

Album:

The first two Keeper's of course, if you do you'll probably get a huge kick out of this album and could maybe add like, ten points to my score here or something. Louis XIV tends to sound ... well pretty much exactly like the Keeper albums. The production, style wise, the choruses, the guitar tone, everything. If you don't like Helloween's Keeper albums, well right off the bat here I can say you probably won't like this at all then. Since I believe this comparison is utterly dead on, I'll keep this review a little short.Maybe it's just all the aggressive speed metal and thrash that's been injected into my blood over the last year or so but, one of my issues with this one is that it's just a bit "too cheesy" sometimes, kind of like the Keeper albums (don't hurt me!) Now I personally hate it when that's an excuse thrown at bands, the whole "cheese" factor, isn't all metal and music in general a bit "cheesy" in many ways in the end? So maybe instead of that, I can just say this album is generally too "soft", friendly, and just "happy" for me at times. "Sappy" might be a good word to throw out there. The sing-along choruses are a big factor to this as they're prominent throughout the entire album. This is a complaint I have for a lot of bands like this, Helloween's Keeper albums and even some of Blind Guardian's mid-era stuff. If you don't mind that stuff though, completely disregard this issue.The production is just like the Keeper albums, a little "poppy" and soft, honestly I think this ends up taking away possibilities with potential aggression. I can say the vocalist here Gerd Salewski, is definitely pretty good. He's all over the place, sometimes he sounds like Micheal Kiske, then he sounds like someone from the US, then SL Coe, etc, he does a fantastic job at the mic and fits the style perfectly. For me, highlights would be Pharao, Gods of Noise, Angel, and Shoot The Fox. All these tracks tend to be the slightly more aggressive and faster ones and there's some great leads to be found here, especially in Shoot The Fox. You And I is a pretty good song too ... but wait a minute, it sounds a little too familar. Is this Scanner? It does sound like something that could've appeared on their first two releases. Not bad and vocalist Salewski really gives off a nice varied performance on this one. Overall, for what this album is concerning its style and sound, it's extremely consistent.I'm probably being a little harsh with this one but again, this is just another one of those albums I rarely find myself going back to personally. Maybe I'm insanely blinded by nostaglia as well because, Scanner is certainly a band similar to this style but I worship their first two releases. For me they just had more of an edge and the sci-fi influences were really obvious and unique. Either way, I do acknowledge the fact that there is quality behind this release and I thought it was surprising that pretty much none of their material has been reviewed. If you're a big fan of Euro-power and are especially fond of the older Keeper albums from Helloween, I think you'll really enjoy this one a lot. In the end, I just have to say when it comes to classic power metal I'll always side with the US's way of doing things back then.

Line Up:

Harry "Bex" Steiner Bass
Tino "Tane" Mende Drums
S. C. Wuller Guitars
Matthias Mende Guitars
Gerd Salewski Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Power and Glory 05:22
02. Pharaoh 04:39
03. 10 000 Miles 04:27
04. Right to Die 04:03
05. Louis XIV 06:27
06. Gods of Noise 06:31
07. You and I 04:36
08. Iodle Dodle 00:36

+ Video "Louis XIV" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1995 / NEWS 1995"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných