Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Style : Melodic Doom Death Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 157 mb

Bio:

Myridian are a melodic death/doom metal band based in Melbourne, Australia. Combining the melodies of epic Scandinavian metal with haunting doom passages, the band recorded a three track demo in June 2011, released their debut album ‘Under the Fading Light’ in December 2012, and followed up with their sophomore 'We, the Forlorn' in April 2015. Carrying the dark, poignant energy of its predecessor to new heights, 'Forlorn' further refines the band's signature mixture of atmosphere, crushing sorrow and melancholic introspection.Having toured the Melbourne gig circuit over the past several years, Myridian has played alongside many renowned local melodic metal acts, at festivals including Sonic Forge, Feast of Metal, Metal Obsession's Birthday shows, and even the Melbourne support slot for Opeth's 2015 Australian Tour.

Album:

Australia’s reputation of being home to some of the most creative bands continues as Melbourne’s Melo-doom outfit Myridian have returned this year with their second full-length album ‘We, The Forlorn’ and it is hands down, some of their best work yet. When I heard the first one, it instantly had this Swallow The Sun/ Insomnium feel to it and it’s no secret that melodeath is what I love the most, Myridian instantly caught my attention as does this album.Title track, aptly named just as the release, begins with a melancholic piano intro , the guitars slowly kicking in and that feeling of the music making you drift into another world. The vocals forge through the melody with an aggressive passion and the tempo changes , as always keep things interesting. There is never a moment where you feel like you’re listening to the same thing over and over again – that element of unpredictibility is something I always love to hear when I’m listening to an album. ( Keep an ear out at 4.50 – it’s one of my favourite parts). ‘Silent Death’ and ‘These Weary Bones’ continue on a more mid-paced note with a lot of emotional guitars, and the dual vocals of screeches and growls sending chills down your spine.‘A Lone Rose‘ is a track that deserves a separate paragraph because it’s one song I’ve had on repeat ever since I got the promo copy of the album. When I write this review I’m actually having a bit of a hard time trying to describe exactly what I feel . For starters the melody that leads this track throughout is mesmerizing to say the least with the sections of acoustic guitar, the drone of the vocals that heighten the presence of the doom-vibe and again the unexpected transitions from heavy parts to more softer, instrumental sections. Vikings need to contact these guys for a soundtrack because they would be PERFECT.‘I, The Bereft‘ , is an acoustic track which brings out a the more simple side of Myridian and proves to be a good interlude, giving you time to process what you’ve heard so far. ‘Desolace‘ is probably one of the tracks that venture into heavier realms, the vocals with a brutal, blackened edge and the drums bludgeoning through on some sections while remaining distant in others. ‘Mourning Tide’, the final track on this stunner, in my opinion was the perfect song to close with because it sort of summarizes and reminds you what the essence of Myridian’s music is all about. The vocals exhibit versatility while the drums are in complete sync with the mellow but doom-laden riffs,It’s easy to say that a band replicates or is similar to other bands in the same genre but with Myridian, they culminate a few different elements into their music and make a sound that they can certainly call their own. It may take a listen or two but you’ll find eventually that these guys are quite unlike any other melodeath/doom outfit you’ve heard. The Insomnium vibes are definitely present though, at least for me, with that brilliant balance between harsh and clean vocals (some narrative), the flow of melody on every track interwoven with breaks of heavy guitar and bass lines. The background keys throughout prove to be a guiding factor in Myridian’s music and they make it work beautifully. The musicianship proves to be much more sophisticated; there is a definite maturity that’s kicked in, both musically and in the song-writing along with a much better production than the first. One of the strongest points for me though is the instrumentation – on ‘ Under The Fading Light’, what’s primarily heard when you have a listen is the piano and the vocals, the others sort of more distant, while on this release, the instruments and the vocals don’t overpower each other, making it more accessible to listen to. Myridian have certainly outdone themselves with this album, not only carving their own niche in Australian metal but proving that they are never short of creativity and originality making music that boasts metallic elegance.

Line Up:

Scott Brierley - Guitars (2009-present) - See also: ex-Rainshadow, ex-Feralian
Felix Lane - Vocals (2009-present), Bass (2011-present) - See also: ex-Adamus Exul
Zebådee Scott - Drums (2013-present) - See also: Adamus Exul, Take This Life, Aquilus (live)
Ian Mather - Guitars (2014-present) - See also: Catacombs

Tracklist:

01. We, the Forlorn 10:25
02. Silent Death 06:57
03. These Weary Bones 07:28
04. A Lone Rose 10:12
05. I, the Bereft 03:10 instrumental
06. Snowscape 08:27
07. Desolace 09:41
08. Mourning Tide 12:10

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "GOTHIC, DOOM, DARK Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 17 neregistrovaných