Electric Boys - Funk-o-Metal Carpet Ride (1990) (Universal Music Digipak Edition 2004)

hudební novinky 2004 / music news 2004
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Electric Boys - Funk-o-Metal Carpet Ride (1990) (Universal Music Digipak Edition 2004)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Nov 2020, 09:56

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (Universal Music Digipak Edition 2004)
Style : Melodic Rock , Funk Metal, Glam Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 192 mb

Bio:

The Electric Boys are a funk-rock metal band founded in Sweden in 1988, which enjoyed a cult status in Europe at the end of the decade.They were formed by Conny Bloom (real surname: Blomqvist) (guitar/vocals) and Andy Christell (bass). Originally a duo, they signed for Polygram and scored a local Swedish hit with the single "All Lips and Hips" in 1988, which according to some people is their best song so far.This early version of what would become perhaps the band's best-known hit also appeared that same year in America on the soundtrack to the movie Feds. The band then added second guitarist Franco Santunione and drummer Niklas Sigevall.In 1989, the band's debut album Funk-O-Metal Carpet Ride, including a revamped version of "All Lips and Hips" was a success in Europe, and they picked up a strong following in Britain,where, as well as headlining small clubs, they supported Thunder. When headlining Newcastle upon Tyne, Riverside club, the band were joined on stage by the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Anthony Kiedis, who were performing in the same venue at around the same time. The following year, the album was released in America, where they also became moderately successful, thanks to the singles "All Lips and Hips" and "Psychedelic Eyes." However, the follow-up album Groovus Maximus did not emerge until 1992, by which time grunge had swept all before it and the album was overall inferior to the debut.[citation needed] By the end of an American tour to promote it supporting Mr. Big, the band had lost Santunione and Sigevall and both North American and European record deals. Outgoing members were replaced by former Mogg drummer Thomas Broman and Martin Thomander (second guitar) and this line up released the band's third album, Freewheelin' on the Music For Nations label in Britain. The album attracted little interest and the band dissolved. In 2005, founders Bloom and Christell joined Hanoi Rocks.The Groovus Maximus album was recorded at the Abbey Road Studios in London. There were two music videos made from that album: "Mary in the Mystery World" and "Dying to be Loved." The "Dying to be Loved" video only had a budget of £100.The band reformed in 2009 and released And Them Boys Done Swang in 2011.

Album:

“Funk-o-Metal Carpet Ride” is their full length debut album from 1989 – what a year – and for sure these guys brought something different to the table.This remastered reissue not only sound better and with more definition, it also includes as bonus many songs from the same sessions produced by talented Bob Rock, with same songwriting / production quality.Despite what its title implies, ”Funk-O-Metal Carpet Ride” isn’t funk/metal in a Red Hot Chili Peppers-like fashion — rather, the melodic yet aggressive band had more in common with Aerosmith’s intense boogie.Originally a duo, Conny Bloom (guitar/vocals) and Andy Christell (bass guitar) hit it big with the ultra catchy single “All Lips and Hips” in 1988.What happened next? Well, ATCO saw talent here and signed the band. Two more people were added to the line-up and the band’s debut album ”Funk-O-Metal Carpet Ride” was released 1989, with of course that “little” song “All Lips and Hips” leading the way.Combining an Aerosmith-influenced sense of fun with elements of ’80s sound, the Electric Boys made Carpet one of that year most memorable melodic hard rock releases.The distinctive Swedes enjoyed some moderate MTV exposure with their grinding hits “Psychedelic Eyes” and “All Lips and Hips” — both of which are among the highlights of this inspired record.The album is so much more than these songs, though. “If I Had a Cigar” is the song that finally explains why this album’s title says “Funk-O-Metal”. The groovy, alluring tune is one of the highlights of the CD. I love the choruses.Moving on to another great tune – “Rags to Riches”. Where do I even begin? There’s just something a bit aggressive in their approach to music and I simply love how they combined it with the desired melodic rock sound to create universal appeal…with a twist!This album rocks; there’s no ballads here. Actually, ”Funk-O-Metal Carpet Ride” is pure energy. The whole album is one huge invitation to party and basically a way to lift your spirits up. There’s no way you can resist it. Catchy, rockin’, melodic – what else can you ask for.Do I even have to say that they didn’t get what they deserved? Well, I’m going to say it – they didn’t get what they deserved. Electric Boys’ sound was unique for its era.Recorded and mixed at Soundtrade Studios in Stockholm, Sweden.

Line Up:

Conny Bloom - lead vocals, guitars
Franco Santunione -guitars, backing vocals
Andy Christell - bass, backing vocals
Niclas Sigevall - drums

production:

Adapted By – Peo Berghagen
Arranged By, Performer, Producer – Electric Boys
Art Direction – Monica Eskedal*
Photography By – Tony Sandin
Recorded By, Mixed By – Ronny Lahti
Tracking By [Additional Overdubs] – Erik Olhester

Tracklist:

01. Psychadelic Eyes
02. All Lips N’ Hips
03. Who Are You
04. Electrified
05. Freaky Funksters
06. Halleluja! I’m On Fire
07. Cheek To Cheek (In A Moonlit World)
08. Get Nasty
09. Party Up
10. Funk-O-Metal Carpet Ride
11. Rags To Riches (The Bob Rock Sessions) (Bonus Track)
12. The Change (The Bob Rock Sessions) (Bonus Track)
13. If I Had A Car (The Bob Rock Sessions) (Bonus Track)
14. Captain Of My Soul (The Bob Rock Sessions) (Bonus Track)
15. Into The Woods (The Bob Rock Sessions) (Bonus Track)
16. Psychadelic Eyes (Live In Eskilstuna ’90) (Bonus Track)
17. Into The Ditch (Live In Eskilstuna ’90) (Bonus Track)
18. All Lips N’ Hips (Early Drum Machine Version) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2004 / NEWS 2004"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní