Twisted Sister - Under The Blade (1982) (Demolition Records Remastered Edition 2005)

hudební novinky 2005 / music news 2005
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Twisted Sister - Under The Blade (1982) (Demolition Records Remastered Edition 2005)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Nov 2020, 08:16

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1982 (Demolition Records Remastered Edition 2005)
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 153 mb

Bio:

Twisted Sister is an American hard rock band from Long Island, New York. Twisted Sister's most well-known hits include "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock". Many of the band's songs explore themes of parent vs. child conflicts and criticisms of the educational system.While the band members' famously cross-dressed appearance might seem to link them with the 1980s glam metal movement, Twisted Sister's aggressive musical style was coupled with a more grotesque use of makeup and women's clothing resulting in a product quite distinct from the more hedonistic androgyny of glam metal groups like Mötley Crüe, Ratt and Poison. Often considered glam metal for their image,the band rejects the "glam metal" tag as inappropriate.Twisted Sister are also ranked No. 73 in VH1's 100 greatest artists of hard rock.

Album:

Under the Blade is the debut studio album by American heavy metal band Twisted Sister, released on Secret Records on September 18, 1982."Under The Blade" remixed version appeared in 1985 via Atlantic Rec., in its out of print, hard to find remastered release by Demolition Records, being sold at Amazon for 541 Euros (!).The original 1982 Secret Records mix of this "Under The Blade" was raw and heavy, like a bulldozer with a singer and sense of rhythm. Secret Records folded and Atlantic re-released the album in ’85 with a remix helmed by the band's bass player Mark "The Animal" Mendoza.For added measure they added Twisted’s first single, “I’ll Never Grow Up, Now!”, not present in the '82 release, as a bonus track.Although less so in its remixed for, "Under The Blade" served as a brutal reminder that Twisted Sister were and are a metal band, before the MTV hits happened. No ballads, the only slow moment is the intro to “Run For Your Life” which soon hits the gas and takes off at breakneck speed.Like a cross between early Kiss, Alice Cooper, and Judas Priest, "Under The Blade" was an aural assault. The assault was assisted by a brutally ragtag heavy production and mix, frayed at the edges and certainly way too heavy for kiddies weaned on autotune today.Elsewhere, more melodic fare like “Bad Boys (of Rock and Roll)” and “Shoot ‘Em Down” plot the way for the more commercial years about to unfold.But in 1985, Twisted Sister was already a big selling band, with a commercial and polished sound, and the re-release of "Under The Blade" needed a remix.The classic 'reverb' from the mid '80s was added to all drums and cymbals, the guitars are less cutting but more 'clean stinging', and the backing vocals layered into a 'gang mode'. In short, it sounds like they were trying to make "Under The Blade" fit in more with the 'Stay Hungry' sound. And it works greatly.While I really like the raw sound of the original release, this '85 remix is superb, bright an crisp, the Eighties sonic output we all love. It has a revised cover artwork, and it's a plus the inclusion of “I’ll Never Grow Up, Now!”, one of my favorite Twisted sister tracks of all time.This Demolition Records remaster is excellent for my tastes, adding a lot of 'air'. As said, it's almost impossible to find, or be prepared to pay a ridiculous price for a copy.

Line-Up:

Dee Snider - lead vocals, assistant producer
Eddie "Fingers" Ojeda - lead & rhythm guitar, backing vocals
Jay Jay French - rhythm & lead guitar, backing vocals
Mark "The Animal" Mendoza - bass, backing vocals, assistant producer, remix producer, engineer
A. J. Pero - drums, percussion

Tony Petri – drums (track 10)

Production:

Pete Way - producer, executive producer
Will Gosling, Craig Thomson, Dave Boscombe - engineers, mixing
Mark Mendoza, Danny McNerney - 1985 remix engineers
Fin Costello - cover concept and photography

Tracklist:

01. What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You) (4:46)
02. Bad Boys (Of Rock'n'Roll) (3:21)
03. Run For Your Life (3:29)
04. Sin After Sin (3:23)
05. Shoot 'Em Down (3:54)
06. Destroyer (4:09)
07. Under The Blade (4:38)
08. Tear It Loose (3:10)
09. Day Of The Rocker (5:03)
10. I'll Never Grow Up Now! (Extra Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2005 / NEWS 2005"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných