Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2005
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 149 mb

Bio:

L.A. Guns is an American hard rock band from Los Angeles, California, formed in 1983. As of 2013, the lineup consists of Phil Lewis (vocals), Michael Grant (guitar), Scott Griffin (bass) and Steve Riley (drums, percussion). The first incarnation of the group was formed by Tracii Guns in 1983, but disbanded in 1985 following its merger with fellow Los Angeles group Hollywood Rose, becoming the first lineup of Guns N' Roses. The same year, the group was reformed by Guns and singer Paul Black adding Mick Cripps and Nickey Alexander. Black would soon be replaced by former Girl singer Phil Lewis while former Faster Pussycat bassist Kelly Nickels was added to the group. Later, Alexander would be replaced by former W.A.S.P. drummer Steve Riley with this being known as the "classic lineup" of L.A. Guns. They achieved moderate chart success in the late 1980s and early 1990s. However, the group went through numerous lineup changes (with Riley being the most consistent member) and failed to regain mainstream attention.The "classic lineup" of the group would reunite in 1999 and began recording new material. However, the group continued to change lineups and Guns eventually left to form the hard rock supergroup Brides of Destruction with Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe in 2002. L.A. Guns continued without Guns, bringing in guitarist Stacey Blades, however, following his decision to put Brides of Destruction on hiatus in 2006, Guns formed The Tracii Guns Band. The group's lineup consisted of former L.A. Guns members Black, Alexander as well as Jeremy Guns (though the lineup would eventually change), with the group eventually changing their name to L.A. Guns. Both groups continued to record and tour under the L.A. Guns moniker until 2012, when the Tracii Guns led version of the group disbanded.To date, L.A. Guns have released ten studio albums – L.A. Guns (1988); Cocked & Loaded (1989); Hollywood Vampires (1991); Vicious Circle (1995); American Hardcore (1996); Shrinking Violet (1999); Man in the Moon (2001); Waking the Dead (2002); Tales from the Strip (2005); and Hollywood Forever (2012), two extended plays – Cuts (1992); Wasted (1998) as well as a number of live and compilation albums.

Album:

Tales from the Strip is the ninth L.A. Guns studio album, released in 2005.It is the second album of L.A. Guns with guitarist Stacey Blades, the first being the cover album Rips the Covers Off released the previous year. I looked forward to picking this CD up with such anticipation, I actually bought one on Amazon on August 12. But, I just couldn’t wait those few extra days and ended up buying it at the store as well to hear it a second early. Do I regret it? Not at all! What can I possibly say about this record other than the standard, “It rocks, dude?” Quite frankly, that sums it up. But, let me get into more detail about what is so great about this record.First, every song is at least good. Some are better than others but there isn’t a stinker on here that will require you to get up and change tracks because your ears are bleeding.The best songs off the record, or at least the ones that jump out at me at this moment after having listened to it all the way through 3 times, are the opening track of “It Don’t Mean Nothing,” “Electric Neon Sunset,” “Gypsy Soul,” Skin,” and “(Can’t Give You) Anything But Love.” But, no song is “bad.” As a matter of fact, I chose those songs because they are the ones that I most clearly remember. Any song could really be my favorite off the record.Some are concerned about the lack of Tracii Guns on this record. I say, “Tracii who?” Tracii‘s off trying to be modern and performing piss poor punk music in South America somewhere. Tracii‘s a great guitarist, don’t get me wrong. But, as much as I pick on Steven Tyler for being vocally shot, Tracii Guns is creatively shot and it’s a real shame. But Stacey Blades fits the bill nicely and damn does he play a mean guitar.Yes, all you ska and punk fans, this record has guitar solos! Guitar solos are instrumental solos performed by good musicians that add to the songs. I think the lack of guitar solos in the modern rock scene is directly related to the lack of talented guitarists. Stacey‘s got all the talent in the world!Is it better than Waking The Dead? I can’t say yes and I can’t say no. It’s simply different. Waking The Dead was a slightly more modern record and, at times, a slightly heavier one. Tales From The Strip is still heavy but sounds more like what most of us remember L.A. Guns as being. I love Waking The Dead and also love Tales From The Strip. How neither of these records were blockbuster hits is beyond me. Or, maybe they’re just too good and piss poor bands like Jimmy Eat World would be exposed as piss poor in comparison.The last song on the disc is “(Can’t Give You) Anything But Love.” It’s clear to me that a lot of love went into this album. And, they did give me something better than love. They gave me a fantastic album that you all should buy.

Line-Up:

Phil Lewis – vocals
Stacey Blades – guitar and vocals
Adam Hamilton – bass and vocals
Steve Riley – drums and vocals

Production:

Produced by Andy Johns

Tracklist:

01. It Don’t Mean Nothing
02. Electric Neon Sunset
03. Gypsy Soul
04. Original Sin
05. Vampire
06. Hollywood’s Burning
07. 6.9 Earthshaker
08. Rox Baby Girl
09. Crazy Motorcycle
10. Skin
11. Shame
12. Resurrection
13. Amanecer
14. (Can’t Give You) Anything Better Than Love

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2005 / NEWS 2005"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní