Tony O'Hora - Escape Into The Sun (2006)

hudební novinky 2006 / music news 2006
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Dec 2020, 14:49

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2006
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 122 mb

Bio:

Tony OʼHora Born on the 8th September 1967 in Clapham, London Tony spent his early years split between London and Dublin but his formative years were spent in Ontario Canada just a mile away from Detroit Michigan the rock capital of America.Tony had a passion for singing from an early age and spent the majority of his high school years on the road playing the required club circuit. On returning to England Tony sang for many bands throughout the late eighties and early nineties and in 1998 teamed up with Bruce as members of Praying Mantis. This connection led to Tony joining The Sweet in 2003 as vocalist and bass player and subsequently, after a few years in the land of the employed , to him returning as keyboard player/guitarist and vocalist.When not on the road with Sweet, Tony still teaches vocals at South Birmingham College.Other notable mentions include ; Touring and recording with Torino, Onslaught, Praying Mantis.

Album:

Once upon a time there was a brilliant melodic Rock band called Praying Mantis (and still is, as far as I'm concerned). Into the NWOBHM 'tornado' of the late 70's/early 80's they released the AOR-orientated classic Time Tells No Lies (1981) album.Disbanding a couple of years after their debut, they reformed in the late 80's,focusing mainly on the Japanese market (they still do, as far as I'm concerned again). They've brought out 7-8 releases till now, the best of them said to be Forever In Time (1998) and Nowhere To Hide (2000). Well, Tony O'Hora sang on these two efforts. That's the relation, that's the hint.The singer: Tony O'Hora carries a respectable CV, even if not that recognized among the average Melodic Rock/AOR fans apart from his works with Praying Mantis. Liverpool's AORsters Toronto (a much appreciated outfit, with only a couple of releases if I remember well) was his first 'known' home, but I think he didn't manage to release any albums with them. Later on, Tony crossed the line by joining the (then) camp of declining thrashers Onslaught. No luck there either. Sleaze rockers Highwire were his next stop; gaining enough reputation during various U.K. gigs didn't result in a record contract either. Tuff luck… On to Hora-Kane (along with ex-Highwire colleague Jaime O'Kane) and the Eternal Infinity (1999) album - a brilliant release - saw the light of day. I think Frontiers Records re-released this obscure gem a few years ago, altering its title to Falling Into Infinity. Anyway, also enlisted as the frontman into Andy Sweet's 2003 lineup of Glam legends Sweet, he gained a glimpse of worldwide fame for a short while. Last but not least, O'Hora joined the re-generated edition of U.K. rockers Statetrooper for a short time to handle the bass duties. This brings us to the year 2005 and the release of his debut solo album reviewed here.The player: Swedish Magnus Karlsson is the man I cannot give sufficient info about. But cares, since his contribution to projects as Starbreaker and Allen/Lande speak for themselves. 'Nuff said.The music: If O'Hora had composed the songs by himself, I'd consider the specific result as something absolutely logical. Yet, to see Karlsson as the sole creator put me into grand thinking. You see, there's absolutely no way you won't bring Praying Mantis to mind as soon as you listen to the album. Yes, this album could have come out under the P.M. moniker and none would defy. Not that there's something bad now. It's just a little bit weird - or maybe Karlsson proves to be the most devoted P.M. fan (Troy Bros, do you read me?). Anyway - and to be a little bit more specific - Escape Into The Sun features twelve well-structured songs with plain guitars, an average rhythm section and beautiful keyboards. O'Hora's voice is in great shape; he can 'breathe' melancholy, passion and sentiment each time he feels so. He can also scream his guts out whenever he wants, no prob. All tunes flirt with Melodic Rock/AOR the European way, with Escape Into The Sun, My Final Prayer and Start All Over drawing my attention a little bit more than the remaining tracklist. Anyway, no over-mellowed stuff in here; I'm really glad…

Line Up:

Tony O'Hora - All Vocals
Magnus Karlsson - Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Programming

Tracklist:

01. Broken Soul
02. Escape Into The Sun
03. No More Innocence
04. High Enough
05. My Final Prayer
06. Dreamless Nights
07. More Than We Know
08. Close To Me
09. Evil Love
10. Black Wings
11. Start All Over
12. Never Alone

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2006 / NEWS 2006"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní