Magnum - On A Storyteller's Night (1985) (2CD) (Japan Edition 2006)

hudební novinky 2006 / music news 2006
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Sep 2020, 16:25

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Japan Edition 2006)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 121 mb

Bio:

Influential British melodic hard rockers MAGNUM will release their 19th studio album, "Escape From The Shadow Garden", on March 25 (one day earlier internationally) via Steamhammer/SPV. The effort will be made available as a limited digipak edition with bonus material, as a double colored vinyl LP, standard jewel case CD and download. The cover artwork was once again created by famous fantasy artist Rodney Matthews (ASIA, NAZARETH, ELOY)."We used to be under permanent pressure from our record companies," says MAGNUM mastermind Tony Clarkin. "They kept calling us, demanding hit singles and radio numbers. But that sort of thing doesn't work on demand. Now we're with SPV, where it's a totally different situation. They give us the necessary time and trust us to do the right thing. That's probably the reason why I enjoy working with MAGNUM again."Clarkin's regained joy in his band is omnipresent on "Escape From The Shadow Garden". Just like his simple-yet-logical work ethos. "I simply told myself: you're a passable guitarist, so you should play the guitar," he says. "As the band's guitarist and producer, I have all the freedom I need to create exactly what I feel like creating." The result of his latest burst of creativity consists of eleven wonderfully melodic rock songs which blend all the typical MAGNUM ingredients, sounding in a fascinating way both timeless and classic."This band has certain unmistakable trademarks," Clarkin explains. "Among them are my feel for melodies and Bob's unique vocal style."Only a month after the release of its predecessor, "On The 13th Day", Clarkin started with the preparations for "Escape From The Shadow Garden" — as always, an exciting phase in his life."Before you haven't recorded and mixed every single note, you never really know whether you'll be happy with the result," he says."When I heard the final version of the eleven new songs with their different stories and diverse arrangements, I knew it had turned into an impressive and complete album."Together with the great cover artwork designed by Rodney Matthews, this is a release which forges an arch to the early days of MAGNUM's career. And that's wonderful!"I was really happy when my friend Jimmy Lea of SLADE came to visit me at the studio again and said: 'You've done it again?'"It doesn't matter whether by sheer luck or hard work — life could have gone a totally differently way."

Abum:

On a Storyteller's Night is the fifth studio album by the British melodic rock band Magnum, released in 1985 on FM Records. The album is widely considered as Magnum's breakthrough album. This album features one of Tony Clarkin's most thoughtful songs, "Les Morts Dansants" — a simple song in that paints a picture of a man being executed by a firing squad. It is the way in which the song accomplishes this, with some very colorful and imaginative metaphors.The song was covered in 1987 by the American singer Patty Smyth of the band Scandal on her first solo album Never Enough, but because of its French title the song was retitled "Call To Heaven".Magnum had parted company with Jet Records in 1983, and Mark Stanway had departed to work with Phil Lynott's Grand Slam, and Kex Gorin had joined Robin George's band.In 1984, Keith Baker took over management, and the band recruited Jim Simpson as a drummer and Eddie George as keyboard player. Following a six-week tour of the UK, Tony Clarkin began writing new material.Mark Stanway later returned to the band, and the band recruited Kit Woolven, who has produced albums for Phil Lynott, David Gilmour and Thin Lizzy. The album was recorded at DEP International Studios, then known as The Abattoir Studios, the home of UB40.On its release in May 1985, On a Storyteller's Night reached No. 24 in the UK charts and launched the band across Europe and is also notable for the stunning cover by fantasy illustrator Rodney Matthews. Two singles were released to promote the album, an alternative recording of "Just Like an Arrow" in March 1985 and "On a Storyteller's Night" in May 1985.In 2005, Sanctuary Records remastered and expanded the album for its 20th anniversary, including a bonus disc of the album's demo material. The band also toured, performing all of the tracks in their entirety for the first time.The 2005 expanded version of the album was reissued on 22 September 2006 in Japan, with mini LP/paper sleeve packaging, through Arcangelo. The album was also included in a limited edition Japanese box set, comprising all six of Sanctuary Records expanded and remastered releases with mini LP/paper sleeve packaging. The set included an outer box with Magnum's Chase The Dragon artwork.The cover art was designed by Rodney Matthews."On a Storyteller's Night is also a favourite of mine and one of my best known images. Again it was largely designed by Tony Clarkin with his formidable biro!"Rodney Matthews "One of Matthews' best-loved pictures [is] 'On a Storyteller's Night', which was used by Magnum as a sleeve. As surprising as the degree of lively detail is that it took only ten days to complete (with the help of some Midnight oil). The suggestion came from Tony Clarkin, Magnum's leader, writer and lyricist. The taverns interior is faintly reminiscent of The George in Norton St. Philip near Rodney's former home on Somerset. Background details include two previous Matthews' covers for the band [Chase The Dragon and The Eleventh Hour], while Matthews' own dog, Patch is under the table." — Nigel Suckling. "These demos were recorded at a studio called Switch Music which has long ceased to exist. I think the original recording date was in the Autumn of 1984, we went into the studio to produce some rough ideas for the songs consequently this is why some of the tracks just have a drum machine on them. At the time we began recording the album we didn't have a record deal but this change when we were halfway through the demos when we did get signed and continued to record the rest of the demos as a Live Band." "Some of the songs started life with different titles. 'Les Mort Dansants' had a working title of 'Cannon' and 'Steal Your Heart' was originally titled 'Come On Young Love'. 'The Last Dance' changed dramatically from the original recordings which is very obvious when you compare the demo version to the finished song and the demo to 'All England's Eyes' has a hideous solo on a melodica as I didn't have my guitar at the studio that day and there was a melodica lying around the studio, enough said!!" "The extra tracks are demos recorded in their most basic form and were the first stage the songs went through. We then played the live on stage before we ever recorded them properly which meant they changed from show to show and were suitable "road tested" before recording. The title track 'On A Storyteller's Night' was written on the road on a tour bus a month before we went into the studio to record the album." "Finally in 1985 we went into Abattoir Studios in Birmingham to record On a Storyteller's Night."— Tony Clarkin, February 2005

Line-Up:

Bob Catley — vocals
Tony Clarkin — guitar
Wally Lowe — bass guitar
Mark Stanway — keyboards
Jim Simpson — drums

Additional musicians

Mo Birch — backing vocals (on "Les Mort Dansants")
Kex Gorin — drums (on disc 2, tracks 1, 3 — 5, 8)

Production

Produced and engineered by Kit Woolven
Recorded at the Abattoir Studios, Birmingham, England
Mastered at Abbey Road Studios on Direct Metal Mastering

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. How Far Jerusalem (6:25)
02. Just Like an Arrow (3:22)
03. On a Storyteller's Night (4:59)
04. Before First Light (3:52)
05. Les Morts Dansants (5:47)
06. Endless Love (4:29)
07. Two Hearts (4:24)
08. Steal Your Heart (3:59)
09. All England's Eyes (4:47)
10. The Last Dance (3:41)

CD2 - Bonus CD:

01. How Far Jerusalem (5:45)
02. Endless Love (3:50)
03. Before First Light (4:26)
04. All England's Eyes (4:50)
05. Come On Young Love (#1) (3:47)
06. Come On Young Love (#2) (3:30)
07. Les Mort Dansant (P.K.A. Cannon) (5:09)
08. The Last Dance (4:08)
09. Interview (24:49)

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2006 / NEWS 2006"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní