Maximum - Just For Kicks (1989) (Sunset Records Edition 2002)

hudební novinky 2002 / music news 2002
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Feb 2021, 10:13

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Sunset Records Edition 2002)
Style : Glam Sleaze Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 137 mb

Bio:

Maximum might have been from New England (Boston to be precise) but their sound was pure LA Sunset Strip sleaze.Unfortunately this, their only album, was shelved when their label, Enigma, went bankrupt, waiting until 2002 to be released on CD by German label Sunset Records. It's a shame, because this is great stuff - rocking song after glam-infused song. Recommended for fans of bands like Pretty Boy Floyd and early Poison.

Album:

This is the debut album from this quartet, and even though the majority of it was recorded in the late 80’s, it ROCKS OUT! Songs such as “Just For Kicks”, “Strictly Sexual”, “Live It Up” and “Mistake” really rock. Tunes like “Here Come Those Tears” and “Paint Me A Picture” show their soft side.Maximum had good hooks, catchy songs and looked good. They remind me a lot of Poison with a touch of Motley Crue. I truly think they should have been famous and Just For Kicks gets two thumbs up!Maximum was one of the few unlucky American bands that ever came out in the late 80s and didn't have the chance to taste some sweet success. As soon as they signed to Enigma label and started recording in 1989, the company went bankrupt and the tape was gathering dust in the shelf until Sunset made "Just For Kicks" saw the daylight in 2002. The quartet played the exact same style to what most bands played in the late 80s, a good time party rock with couple of lovey ballads.If I want to summarize their musical style, I would say the early Poison stirred with Pretty Boy Floyd with a drop of Motley Crue. Jim Gray's vocal style reminded me of Mark Slaughter blended with Steve Summers.Comprised of 14 tracks, "Just For Kicks" offered a tasty hard glam attack such as the title track, "Candie Sweet", "Skin To Skin", and the lusty GNR fuelled chorus, "Strictly Sexual". "Lil Liar" and "Missing You" are two songs that will be constantly played in heaven if God made a melodic party up there. Maximum also threw couple of great acoustical ballads, "Pennies From Heaven" and "Here Comes Those Tears", both had a big potential of becoming radio hits if those were released in the 80s. The album smartly closed with a wonderful light-guitar-strumming "Paint Me A Picture".

Line-Up:

Jim Gray – vocals
Danny Kopko – guitar and vocals
Craig LaPointe – bass
John Blout – drums and vocals

Tracklist:

01. Just For Kicks
02. Strictly Sexual
03. Candie Sweet
04. Lil’ Liar
05. Dancer
06. Pennies From Heaven
07. Live It Up
08. Missing You
09. One More Shot
10. Here Come Those Tears
11. Baby Stay
12. Skin To Skin
13. Mistake
14. Paint Me A Picture

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2002 / NEWS 2002"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný