Slade - The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome (1983) (Salvo Music Remastered Edition 2007)

hudební novinky 2007 / music news 2007
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Slade - The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome (1983) (Salvo Music Remastered Edition 2007)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 23 Apr 2019, 09:05

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 (Salvo Music Remastered Edition 2007)
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 211 mb

Bio:

Slade are an English rock band from Wolverhampton. They rose to prominence during the glam rock era in the early 1970s, achieving 17 consecutive top 20 hits and six number ones on the UK Singles Chart. The British Hit Singles & Albums names them the most successful British group of the 1970s based on sales of singles. They were the first act to have three singles enter the charts at number one; all six of the band's chart-toppers were penned by Noddy Holder and Jim Lea. As of 2006, total UK sales stand at 6,520,171, and their best-selling single, "Merry Xmas Everybody", has sold in excess of one million copies.According to the 1999 BBC documentary It's Slade, the band have sold over 50 million records worldwide.Following an unsuccessful move to the United States in 1975, Slade's popularity waned but was unexpectedly revived in 1980 when they were last-minute replacements for Ozzy Osbourne at the Reading Rock Festival. The band later acknowledged this to have been one of the highlights of their career. The original line-up split in 1992, but the band re-formed later in the year as Slade II. The band have continued, with a number of line-up changes, to the present day. They have shortened the group name back to Slade.A number of diverse artists have cited Slade as an influence, including alternative rock icons Nirvana and the Smashing Pumpkins, punk pioneers Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Undertones, The Runaways and The Clash, glam metal bands Kiss, Mötley Crüe, Poison, Def Leppard, heavy metal bands Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot and pop-rock stalwarts The Replacements, Cheap Trick and Oasis.The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Music tells of Holder's powerful vocals, guitarist Dave Hill's equally arresting dress sense and the deliberate misspelling of their song titles (such as "Cum On Feel the Noize" and "Mama Weer All Crazee Now") for which they became well known.

Album:

The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome is the eleventh studio album by the British rock group Slade. It was released on 3 December 1983 and reached No. 49 in the UK charts. The album was produced largely by bassist Jim Lea. The two UK Top 10 singles released from the album, "My Oh My" and "Run Runaway", were produced by John Punter.In 1984, the album was re-packaged and released as Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply in the United States and Canada. Both "Run Runaway" and "My Oh My" were US Top 40 hits that year, giving the band their long-awaited breakthrough there.Following Slade's performance at the Reading festival in 1980, interest in the band was revived and a major record deal with RCA signed. The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome was the band's second studio album for the label and had mostly been recorded in 1982. In November that year, the album's first single, "(And Now the Waltz) C'est La Vie", was released and reached No. 50 in the UK. However, in early 1983, RCA felt the recorded tracks for the album lacked potential chart hits and in the effort to amend that, RCA suggested the band work with producer John Punter.Lead vocalist Noddy Holder and Lea then wrote and demoed two songs; "My Oh My" and "Run Runaway". Both were received with enthusiasm by RCA and Punter was hired to work on the two tracks.Released in November 1983, "My Oh My" became a UK No. 2 hit over the Christmas period, kept from the top spot by The Flying Pickets' cover of "Only You". The success of the single led to RCA rush-releasing The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome in December, rather than February 1984. The album reached No. 49 in the UK and was a success across Europe. In January 1984, the second single "Run Runaway" reached No. 7.The success of Quiet Riot's version of "Cum on Feel the Noize" in late 1983 led to Slade signing with CBS, who would repackage The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome into Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply in 1984.In a 1986 fan club interview, Holder spoke of the band's wish that a follow-up single from the album had been released following "Run Runaway". He said: "We all felt that there should have been a single out on the back of "Run Runaway". The album was our first big success in America, it was Top 5 all over Europe and Number 1 in Scandinavia for months. Britain was the only place it wasn't a big album. We could have, theoretically, had another single off it. It would have been a hit. There was plenty of good stuff on that album.During the album's release in December, the band had already embarked on a UK college tour. With the success of "My Oh My", the band were also appearing on UK and European TV regularly, followed by the success of "Run Runaway". As the album was originally to be released in February 1984, plans for a major concert tour had been discussed.However, the tour never took place and after a few concerts in America during 1984, the band would never perform live again, except for a one song performance at the band's 25th Anniversary party, organised by the fan club. "Slam the Hammer Down" would be released in America as a promotional single in 1984, remixed by Shep Pettibone.In "Cocky Rock Boys (Rule O.K.)", the line "you Frank and Johnny, you're hurting my arm" is heard at the end of the song, which is a reference to the 1941 film The Maltese Falcon, starring Humphrey Bogart."Ready to Explode" is an eight-and-half-minute, multi-themed song about the excitement of motor racing.

Line Up:

Noddy Holder - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
Dave Hill - lead guitar, backing vocals
Jim Lea - bass, keyboards, guitars, backing vocals, lead vocal on verses (track 7), producer
Don Powell - drums, percussion, gongs

Additional personnel:

Andy Dummit - saxophone (track 2)
Pete Drummond - announcements (track 7)
John Punter - producer (tracks 3, 5)
Andy Miller, Dave Garland - engineers (tracks 1-2, 4, 6-10)
Mike Nocito, Pete Schwier - engineers (tracks 3, 5)
Andrew Christian - art direction
Shoot That Tiger! - design
John Shaw - photography
Phil Davis - set designer

Tracklist:

01. Slam The Hammer Down (3:25)
02. In The Doghouse (2:45)
03. Run Runaway (5:01)
04. High And Dry (3:11)
05. My Oh My (4:12)
06. Cocky Rock Boys (3:27)
07. Ready To Explode (8:38)
08. C'est La Vie (3:44)
09. Cheap 'N' Nasty Luv (3:27)
10. Razzle Dazzle Man (4:39)
11. Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply (3:35) (Bonus Track)
12. My Oh My (12' version) (5:34) (Bonus Track)
13. Don't Tame A Hurricane (2:33) (Bonus Track)
14. Run Runaway (12' version) (5:27) (Bonus Track)
15. Two Track Stereo One Track Mind (2:55) (Bonus Track)
16. Slam The Hammer Down (Hotter mix) (3:45) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Run Runaway" (Official Video)
+ Video "My Oh My" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2007 / NEWS 2007"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní