W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol (1992) (2CD) (Remastered Edition 1998)

hudební novinky 1998 / music news 1998
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 13 Feb 2021, 15:15

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992 (Remastered Edition 1998)
Style : Heavy Metal , Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 233 mb

Bio:

W.A.S.P. is an American heavy metal band formed in 1982. They emerged from the same Los Angeles scene that spawned Van Halen, Mötley Crüe, Dokken, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Guns N' Roses and others. The band's popularity peaked in the 1980s, yet they continue to record and tour, making them one of the most enduring of the West Coast heavy metal bands. W.A.S.P. gained notoriety for their shock rock themed image, lyrics and live performances. They have sold over 12 million copies of their albums.The band was a prominent target in the mid-1980s of the Parents Music Resource Center (PMRC), an organization that pushed for warning labels on recorded music. The band immortalized its fight with the PMRC on the song "Harder, Faster" from their 1987 live album, Live...In the Raw."I Wanna Be Somebody" was the most successful single from W.A.S.P.'s debut album and It was ranked at No. 84 in VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs of All Time.In October 2007, W.A.S.P. embarked on The Crimson Idol Tour, to celebrate that album's 15th anniversary. It is the first time that the album, often regarded to be among the band's finest work, was performed in full from start to finish. The tour kicked off in Greece, in Thessaloniki at the Principal Club Theater on October 26, 2007.Blackie Lawless remains the last member from the original line-up. They released their most recent album in November 2009, entitled Babylon.On September 21, 2012, the band celebrated the 30th anniversary of their first ever live show by kicking off a world tour at The Forum in London. The set for the tour was split into three sections: songs from the first four albums, a cut-down rendition of the Crimson Idol performance and a final segment for newer material.

Album:

The Crimson Idol is the fifth studio album by heavy metal band W.A.S.P., released internationally in 1992 through Capitol Records and on May 24, 1993 in the United States; a remastered edition was reissued in 1998, containing a bonus disc of B-sides and live material from 1992.The album charted within the top 40 in five countries.It is a concept album, telling the story of the rise and fall of a fictional rock star named Jonathan Stee.Taking nearly three years to complete, The Crimson Idol was originally recorded as a Blackie Lawless solo album, but bandleader Lawless bowed to fan pressure and released it under the W.A.S.P. name.[citation needed] Unusually, the album's tour—named The Crimson Idol Tour—took place fifteen years after its release to mark its fifteenth anniversary, commencing on October 26, 2007 at the Principal Club Theater in Thessaloniki, Greece.A film recorded for the album was also shown in public for the first time, which was played along with the band as they performed their tracks to it in synch. The show marked the only time that the album has ever been played from start to finish by the band since its recording. "Mephisto Waltz", the seventh track from The Headless Children (1989), served as the show's opener, followed by "The Titanic Overture", the first track from The Crimson Idol. All shows had a long encore section ranging from 2–6 songs, containing W.A.S.P. classics as well as "Take Me Up" from their 2007 album Dominator.The story of The Crimson Idol revolves around a teenager named Jonathan.He is the son of William and Elizabeth Steel, and brother of Michael Steel. Michael is the favored son of his parents, but Jonathan is a complete failure in their eyes. After Michael is killed in a car accident by a drunk driver, Jonathan runs away from home and starts to wander the streets, becoming addicted to drugs and alcohol. Whilst walking past a music store, he sees a guitar and desires to become a rock star. He breaks the display window with a bottle of booze, thus beginning his journey into acclaimed excess.Jonathan plays the stolen crimson-colored guitar as often as he can in order to obtain money to record an album. He then meets a man named "Chainsaw" Charlie, the president of a major record label. Charlie promises to make Jonathan a star, and introduces him to Alex Rodman, who will become his manager. Jonathan goes on to achieve his ambition of becoming a rock star, but finds out that life is not as glamorous as it seems. Despite now having fame and fortune, he still longs for the one thing he always wanted, that being the love and acceptance of his parents.One night before a concert, Jonathan calls his parents in an attempt to reconcile their differences and heal the emotional wounds between them. According to the story, "less than fifty words were spoken"; the last four of which being "we have no son". Realizing that he will never be accepted by his parents, Jonathan decides to commit suicide. During the aforementioned concert, he removes the strings from his guitar, shapes them into a noose and hangs himself.Greg Prato at AllMusic gave The Crimson Idol three stars out of five, calling it "essentially a Blackie Lawless solo album" and noting "The Invisible Boy", "Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the New Morgue)" and "I Am One" as highlights.

Line-Up:

Blackie Lawless Guitars (1982, 1986-present), Vocals (1982-present), Bass (1983-1986, 1989-1992, 1993-1996), Keyboards (1992-present) - See also: ex-Hear 'n Aid, ex-Sister, ex-London, ex-Circus Circus, ex-Killer Kane, ex-New York Dolls

Bob Kulick – guitar
Frankie Banali – drums
Stet Howland – drums
Mikey Davis – engineering, mixing
Ross Robinson – engineering assistance
Ian Cooper – mastering

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. The Titanic Overture (03:32)
02. The Invisible Boy (05:12)
03. Arena Of Pleasure (05:00)
04. Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue) (07:48)
05. The Gypsy Meets The Boy (04:16)
06. Doctor Rockter (03:51)
07. I Am One (05:25)
08. The Idol (08:41)
09. Hold On To My Heart (04:23)
10. The Great Misconceptions Of Me (09:44)
11. The Story Of Jonathan (Prologue To The Crimson Idol) (16:35) (Bonus Track)

CD2: (Bonus Tracks)

01. Phantoms In The Mirror (3:30)
02. The Eulogy (5:12)
03. When The Levee Breaks (Led Zeppelin cover) (4:15)
04. The Idol (live acoustic) (8:45)
05. Hold On To My Heart (live acoustic) (4:45)
06. I Am One (live) (3:54)
07. Wild Child (live) (5:25)
08. Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue) (live) 8:40
09. I Wanna Be Somebody (live) (4:22)
10. The Invisible Boy (live) (9:46)
11. The Real Me (live) (03:40)
12. The Great Misconceptions Of Me (live) (16:37)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1998 / NEWS 1998"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných